Good GFO Reactor for 80g?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdw79
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cdw79

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2021
Messages
718
Reaction score
414
Location
Houston, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to choose a GFO reactor that wouldn't be overkill but have enough capacity to help with my phosphates- between .15 and .3. BRS suggests I need 1 cup of GFO for the capacity of the tank, but I've been told there has to be enough space for the GFO to tumble around in the unit itself. Just not sure where to begin, especially because I've heard some units are a pain to change so ideally I'd like to make sure I choose the right one.

Open to other solutions but so far regular MB7 dosing and cheat haven't done me much good, and neither has a replenishment of my CUC. Any recommendations either way?
 
Do you have a fuge?

my cheato under a tuna flora uses all my phosphates. I dose phos an feed heavy. Are you feeding your corals?
 
I've got a Neptune GRO down there going for 10-12 hours a day and I get no growth. Decay, if anything. Nitrates stay around 5 but it's always phosphates that give me trouble
 
I bought a biochurn for biopellets. Once I stopped running biopellets I started using it for gfo. Imo it's the best as you can independently controll the tumble rate of the gfo.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new