Good Morning!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
who here plays chess?
We are all nerds. To many extends. I used to play chess until my son was born. He wont leave pieces alone. I'm rusty now, so it will lead to a check mate in 4. >.> I'm terrible.
Good morning everyone. Enjoy the Saturday with many blessings!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning and Happy Saturday!
Hot, sticky day here but at least the sunrise was a normal color so breathing should be a little easier today.
I noticed the mountain range around us had practically disappeared in the haze yesterday. I hope today will be better, too! It sure is hot, though...oh wait, it's July! :rolleyes:

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and happy Saturday. Off for a walk, then groceries, then maybe pick up some BBQ. Have I changed the RO/DI filters yet.....ummmm, no.

I'm probably going to post this elsewhere, but since we have so many fish experts on here, I'll ask. I noticed my new firefish flashing/yawning a few days after I got him. He's in the BioCube with the possum wrasse, and they are the only fish in the tank from the same vendor, added the same day. I suspected flukes, did a w/c, removed the filtration, and dosed with PraziPro. The bottle says to add a second dose if needed. The flashing has stopped and both fish are eating well.

Would you do a second dose or just do a w/c and add the filtration back and be done with it? One side of me says it probably wouldn't hurt to do the second dose just because, but the other side of me says to leave things be. The only corals in the tank are zoanthids and they didn't seem to mind the PraziPro and have been open the whole time. If I do the second dose, should I do a w/c before? The bottle instructions don't specify that part.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I noticed the mountain range around us had practically disappeared in the haze yesterday. I hope today will be better, too! It sure is hot, though...oh wait, it's July! :rolleyes:
There has been a ton of smoke in springfield since thursday. It's cleared up for now. No idea why. I stopped watching the news. It's always bad. You don't want to know. It's all Chicago related.

A blast from my past as I was leaving White Sands missle range to springfield. I was in the back of the car hoping to get a photo of an oryx before I left. They normally hang out on the back road to El Paso, but I wasn't lucky.

wsmr001.jpg wsmr002.jpg wsmr003.jpg desert001.jpg

I don't miss any of it. 14 years of desert is enough to last me the rest of my life.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and happy Saturday. Off for a walk, then groceries, then maybe pick up some BBQ. Have I changed the RO/DI filters yet.....ummmm, no.

I'm probably going to post this elsewhere, but since we have so many fish experts on here, I'll ask. I noticed my new firefish flashing/yawning a few days after I got him. He's in the BioCube with the possum wrasse, and they are the only fish in the tank from the same vendor, added the same day. I suspected flukes, did a w/c, removed the filtration, and dosed with PraziPro. The bottle says to add a second dose if needed. The flashing has stopped and both fish are eating well.

Would you do a second dose or just do a w/c and add the filtration back and be done with it? One side of me says it probably wouldn't hurt to do the second dose just because, but the other side of me says to leave things be. The only corals in the tank are zoanthids and they didn't seem to mind the PraziPro and have been open the whole time. If I do the second dose, should I do a w/c before? The bottle instructions don't specify that part.
I second the second dose.....
Just cleaned my filter socks - a week late.
Cleaned the protein skimmer - ick blech.
Wiped about half of the inside of the tank yesterday with Mr. Clean magic erasers. (Note to do that more often)
This morning, I drained the 90 with the Sicce Ultra Zero. That thing is worth it's weight in fish flakes. It's awesome!!
Now, I'm going to scoop the sand, look for living CUC. Then I'll have more water to drain I'm sure.
Once I get it cleaned out, I can get it listed for sale. Oh wait... I still need to drain the fuge. JOY
Wanna trade @ReefGrammie? RODI filters sound fun right now. LOL JK I just want to look forward and pay the 90 forward to a new reefer.
Happy Reefie Weekend all ... @Mike from TN ... I'm glad you finally got a break in the weather.

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now, I'm going to scoop the sand, look for living CUC. Then I'll have more water to drain I'm sure.
Once I get it cleaned out, I can get it listed for sale. Oh wait... I still need to drain the fuge.
I remember the day of digging through the gross remaining sand for living CUC in my 46! Ewwww! Good luck with your transfer.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the tank drained. 99.8% of the sand is removed and cleaned thoroughly. I found a few handfuls of snails. I now smell like low tide. I listed the setup on the marketplace, plus OfferUp and Craig's List. My husband and I have decided that all proceeds will go to our reefing friend that had a stroke a few weeks back. She is on a feeding tube and the hospital bills are staggering. One generous reefer from R2R even contributed to their recovery fund. It makes smelling like low tide and dealing with the Craig's List spammers worth it. It is so amazing to see how much reefers support each other. (and how many scumbags are on Craig's List)
Now ... to drain and clean the sump. Oh, that is going to be fun.
Basset Hound Water GIF by Four Rest Films

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A hamburger gets married out of state. None of his hamburger friends back home have met his wife yet, and he can hardly wait to introduce her. One night he tells them to head to the local pub to meet her. The hamburger and his wife walk into the bar and he looks at all his friends and says, “Everyone, meat Patty.”

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A hamburger gets married out of state. None of his hamburger friends back home have met his wife yet, and he can hardly wait to introduce her. One night he tells them to head to the local pub to meet her. The hamburger and his wife walk into the bar and he looks at all his friends and says, “Everyone, meat Patty.
We need to change your name to DadJokes53081.... Lol
Thanks for the chuckle!

Have a blessed morning, Reefies... Off to drain a sump.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Sunday Morning Everyone!
Busy day here with chores yesterday and a few more to get done before Angela leaves for Chicago this afternoon.
We have been contemplating a fairly large project here. Angela has been promoted to Sr Vice President which means she will be traveling much, much less in the future. We have a 3 bedroom house. Our room, the bird room and her office. We would like to have a guest room again so we thought about renting an office space for her. We decided we didn’t want to rent anything so we are shopping for another Amish barn which we Will have an electrician wire before I insulate and drywall. It will go up near our existing barn which is close to the power pole. We can then have the power company come out and run a separate line to it with its own meter. We can get a wall A/C heater combo for it. She also wants laminate flooring and a ceiling fan. We can have one built with as many windows as she wants and a regular house style door. She needs good internet so we will have to figure that out. It’s too shady in that area for a dish so maybe HughesNet can install her a separate dish on the house and run a line to the new office. Cable won’t run service to the house because we are too far off the road.
Should be a fun, back breaking project for my tired old bones but she is worth it.
Have a great day All!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! I woke up refreshed and realized Monday is trash day and i forgot to put it out last night! is it too late? oooh, Sunday... Happy pre-Monday everyone!
besides the trash, i have gotten done the only other chore i needed to do today: the Chinchilla cage is clean and she has had her dust bath.

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Did I mention that I'm going to change the RO/DI unit filters? About 100 times maybe? :rolleyes: Today is the day!! I have found the big circle wrench thingie and informed son that "we have a project." He was just happy to hear it isn't a slimy project.

Off for a walk first, after my first dose of coffee. I hope you all have a great Sunday! Safe travels to Angela and any others traveling today. ;Joyful

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good Morning! I woke up refreshed and realized Monday is trash day and i forgot to put it out last night! is it too late? oooh, Sunday... Happy pre-Monday everyone!
besides the trash, i have gotten done the only other chore i needed to do today: the Chinchilla cage is clean and she has had her dust bath.

Let the good times roll!!!

bath dust GIF

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
2am. The bung came loose in my stock tank I mix water in. Emergency drain into 3 Brut cans.
5am Install the wind deflectors that came for the Subaru. Hurry, light rain.
9am Head to tractor supply. The internet says they have a bung kit.
9:13 Screw it, drink the coffee.

Maybe if I drank some of this it would give me energy. Home brew.
IMG_3807-M.jpg

The sump get's more interesting.
IMG_3808-M.jpg

I removed 3 pumps and now run the sulfur reactor, GFO reactor, biopellet reactor and fuge from this.
The cheater outlet strip is gone.

I wonder what I can glue that bung in with that wont let go. Silicone didn't hold. The hole is 2 inches. I don't see a normal bulkhead that will fit.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies.
successful road trip.
IMG_4120.jpg
off to brunch.
praying (metaphorically) for the humidity to break.
Annnnd the power just went out.
Guessing power company shutdown to fix everyone else’s.
Non issue. Generac fired up.
Time to go drink.:cool:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back