Good Morning!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite time of day. Sun has almost completely set and the bats have come out of their houses (we have two houses, each house about 10 bats) to hunt skeeters. They are very hard to photograph because they fly so erratically and fast. They say each one can eat up to 1000 insects a night. So cool! E712BBF7-D09A-4AEE-AD1A-7A82DD3B92AD.jpeg 57379FE8-CEDC-4F7D-A9A1-1411378BCA4F.jpeg B43F44F7-7152-41B6-8C4E-168D4514106C.jpeg 7F5853F4-1B4C-4E89-BB26-30F888047A53.jpeg

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite time of day. Sun has almost completely set and the bats have come out of their houses (we have two houses, each house about 10 bats) to hunt skeeters. They are very hard to photograph because they fly so erratically and fast. They say each one can eat up to 1000 insects a night. So cool! E712BBF7-D09A-4AEE-AD1A-7A82DD3B92AD.jpeg 57379FE8-CEDC-4F7D-A9A1-1411378BCA4F.jpeg B43F44F7-7152-41B6-8C4E-168D4514106C.jpeg 7F5853F4-1B4C-4E89-BB26-30F888047A53.jpeg
1627349947614.jpeg

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Night Dont Let The Bed Bugs Bite GIF by PBS KIDS
I have someone interested in my 90. They may come down from Gainesville this weekend. That would be awesome. It feels like things are finally starting to come together.
Night night, Reefies .... Sweet dreams!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we found out after buying and moving in there was a known bat "problem".
$1100 later for removal and cleanup we can now use our attic again.
$1100...... that's a coupla pieces of coral. :cool:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
Soon I will be able to put my car in the garage. Soon. It has been full of stuff that never got put anywhere when we moved in. Having an American Flyer All Aboard Champion 800 train set from 1965 is nice but not in my garage anymore.
I am attempting to sell it along with some other old stuff I have been dragging along for decades.
Only a small amount of heated discussion with Jill was involved. I lost, her stuff is staying.
Can I interest you in a nice Log Cabin Syrup Bicentennial Edition bottle. How about some fold up wooden chairs from a funeral home. Old milk cans, nail kegs. Sigh.

You can get a lot done when you wake up at 2:45am. Now if I could just convince my eyes that it is okay to be up this long. Perhaps I will try rubbing some coffee in them.
My second attempt at a subwoofer is supposed to come today. I found it quite refreshing that you can get Crutchfield tech support at 6pm on a Saturday. Plus they replaced an open box special with a new unit at no extra cost.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost forgot....

MangroveEcosystemDay.jpeg

Happy International Mangrove Ecosystem Day! :)
This is so cool! Mangroves are amazing. When I lived in Miami, we used to go to a beach where mangroves were everywhere. I could sit there all day watching the fish swim and other "critters" crawl around the mangroves.

Last edited:

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is time for some coffee, some salted chocolate covered pretzels and some slippers. Today is a work from home day, so I think slippers count as appropriate work attire.
Slippers are REQUIRED work attire. So are dress shirts and shorts, if you're my husband in a Teams meeting. :cool:

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Scorching here today also. We had a huge thunderstorm yesterday that actually set off our fire alarm for a few seconds. Scared the daylights out of me! :eek:

More storms today, then REALLY hot, then more storms. It looks like it may cool down a bit soon. I'm ready for September!

I hope you all have a great day! :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning Everyone!
Looks like another hot one here today.
Im going to try to make an appointment with my Neurologist and hopefully she can get me in today or tomorrow. She has been on vacation and today is her first day back. Long story short, I have been a chronic sufferer of Cluster Headaches since 2001. Saw many Drs in California but nobody was able to help me. Was diagnosed with Migraines (they are not), Tension Headaches (they are not), alignment of spinal discs ( not the problem), etc!
I found this Neurologist when we moved here and she knew exactly how to treat them. It’s a problem with the Hypothalamus in the brain that causes them. No cure but they can be managed.
Ive been on some high doses of some pretty hardcore meds and have been in remission for over three years. Well, they are back with a vengeance. Very debilitating and come on within seconds. Some last 10 minutes and some last for hours.
There are come new injectable meds available now, similar to the Epipen that you give to yourself. It’s either that or keep oxygen with a rebreather device on hand. Google “cluster headache” to get the full rundown on these things. @WVNed I know how you feel about lack of sleep. These things always hit after you fall asleep. They are referred to as “alarm clock headaches”.
Enough about that!
I have some window tint arriving today to do the glass on our storm doors. The cats like to look out but the heat just bakes the house when the sun comes through. I could never understand how they could lay in the sun like that when it’s so hot.
Hope you all have a great day.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! If you don't have time to stop and smell the flowers, then be one!

Flower Suit GIF

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!
Bless all who share where they are instead of suffer in silence.
When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it; and Hang On, Help is coming.
I need more coffee to decide whether to drive or ride. oh yeah, i have a cube of brine shrimp thawing, maybe feed the fish first.
shhhhh, August is coming.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. Gonna be another hot one here today!

Good morning! Scorching here today also. We had a huge thunderstorm yesterday that actually set off our fire alarm for a few seconds. Scared the daylights out of me! :eek:

Your lightening story reminds me of a time I thought I was going to arrested for bank robbery. One rainy night I had to go to my ATM to get some cash. I get my money and as I start to pull out I see two cop cars with lights on come pulling into my bank. One pulls sideways in front of me and the other behind me. Both jump out of their cars with guns drawn and pointing at me. The cop in front comes closer and saw me in my mom van and immediately lowered his gun. Apparently lightening struck the bank as I was withdrawing money and set off a silent alarm. I was shaking all the way home.

Morning Everyone!
Looks like another hot one here today.
Im going to try to make an appointment with my Neurologist and hopefully she can get me in today or tomorrow. She has been on vacation and today is her first day back. Long story short, I have been a chronic sufferer of Cluster Headaches since 2001. Saw many Drs in California but nobody was able to help me. Was diagnosed with Migraines (they are not), Tension Headaches (they are not), alignment of spinal discs ( not the problem), etc!
I found this Neurologist when we moved here and she knew exactly how to treat them. It’s a problem with the Hypothalamus in the brain that causes them. No cure but they can be managed.
Ive been on some high doses of some pretty hardcore meds and have been in remission for over three years. Well, they are back with a vengeance. Very debilitating and come on within seconds. Some last 10 minutes and some last for hours.
There are come new injectable meds available now, similar to the Epipen that you give to yourself. It’s either that or keep oxygen with a rebreather device on hand. Google “cluster headache” to get the full rundown on these things. @WVNed I know how you feel about lack of sleep. These things always hit after you fall asleep. They are referred to as “alarm clock headaches”.
My daughter and I both suffers from migraines as well as cluster headaches.( I don’t get them anymore though.) We finally found a neurologist that did a procedure on her that actually worked. I don’t remember what it is called but he put her out and went in through her nose and gave her a lidocaine (I think) nerve block. No headaches for several months. She will still get headaches from time to time but it doesn’t last as long. This procedure can be done more than once if needed. And now we found out she is having kidney problems from all the ibuprofen she took from all her headaches. Hope you find some answers and relief.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back