Good Morning!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She had a Chevy Corvair. One of the worst cars ever made IMHO. If she took you anywhere it was scary because it always smelled like it was on fire plus she was the worst driver I ever saw.

My FIL loved those cars! I didn't know him at the time, but he had several of them....maybe because they were the worst cars ever made? ;) Corvair was also my husband's first car, probably a handoff from his father.

When we lived in Miami, my parents had to go out of town and my aunt came to stay with us. She had to drive us to school each day and pick us up. My parents had a Pontiac Tempest at the time. It was a stick shift. Problem was my aunt had never driven a stick shift. I can still remember us bucking down the road to school and back. I'm sure my aunt was quite the spectacle driving up. I can see all the moms now grabbing their kids and running for cover! ;Joyful We loved it. Each trip back and forth was like a thrill ride!

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefGrammie. I know that is tough. My Mom was fine until 93 then she started to forget who I was.

We also put her in an assisted living and naturally that progressed into a nursing home. It was tough but you really can't take care of elderly people at home indefinitely. You try but after a while, you also have a life and they are 24/7 responsibilities.

Years ago our parents used to die when they got very old because they didn't have the means to keep them alive. Today we can keep them alive forever with medications, but I am not sure thats the best thing when their mind is gone. It is very tough but eventually I let my Mother go as there was nothing left in her to save even though her heart was beating.

After my Mom forgot me and didn't know where she was, it almost didn't matter where she lived as long as they were very nice to her, kept her clean and tried to keep her interested in something as after a while we all kind of revert back to our infancy. She also lost her ability to speak.

My Mother lived until 99 years old and passes away of old age with nothing physical wrong with her.
She never took a pill, not even an aspirin and didn't wear glasses.

As soon as my Mom passed, my wife's Mom started the same way and we also put her in the same assisted living and then nursing home. My Mother N Law lived in the same house as us for over 40 years and she was a Sweet heart.

We do what we can as much as we can but it is a hard time in your life and isn't easy seeing the people who raised us and were so vibrant to deteriorate in old age.

Thank you for this, @Paul B. It means a lot. My mom also has no major health issues. Doctors are amazed at how few medications she takes.

My brother takes the path of least resistance because she gives him such a hard time if he brings anyone in....plus he has to hear the endless tirade about how they stole her tupperware lids. My mom always said she didn't want to be a "blob on a blanket." She's not there yet, but she's getting close.

Her biggest risk is falls. She's already had two resulting in fractures, hospital stays, rehab, back home. It's been almost 2 years since the last one. Both of my in-laws had falls while living in a nursing home, so being in a nursing home isn't going to prevent a bad fall.

My sister will be there in a few weeks. I would like to see what she thinks of the current situation and hopefully come up with a plan. I think mom could stay home for a while longer with some outside assistance, but I'm afraid we'll have to force it. I'm also afraid my brother will do the same as before....use the help for a while and then cancel it. Ugh, it is a tough situation. :confused:

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be done with work in a few hours. Project this weekend is to spend some time on the "aftermath" from the kids moving. I don't think it will be too bad....I hope?? :rolleyes:

I love the stories that come out of this group. You all spark so many memories. Keep them coming! :)

Have a great Friday and weekend! It looks like the rain will finally be moving out and we'll have some nice fall weather for the next week. With the craziness of the kids living here/moving, we haven't even cranked up the fire pit yet. Now is the time! ;Joyful

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New aquarium lights came on Saturday. That was a very interesting conversation as DHL was supposed to delivery on Monday. After getting the lights set up, I nearly cooked my bta to death. He retreated into a hole the other day. I had to break out the par meter and had no idea the lights were putting out 3 times the intensity as my old leds. I knew they were brighter, but at 40-60% I didn't think it would be an issue. I was very wrong. After having the lights back at a low par of 60-75 10-30% setting. He started to come out of hiding. I was sure they loved 200-300 par? Mine appears to be a wuss.

bta-recovering.jpg

Good morning. I do hope all is well with everyone. It's been gloomy.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies.
received my live sale order from the weekend yesterday.
two days late. :mad:
story is on my build thread. (shameless plug (not a frag plug))

the ducks won out again yesterday. never pulled the trigger.
still had a grand time reminiscing with my my childhood best friend blood brother.

talked todays hunting partner into not going due to weather.
wasn't to difficult as he was in to many bottles of wine at a wine tasting party during said conversation.

so it's going to be a late breakfast out with the wife and hopefully the jewelers to pickup her ring.

have a fabulous friday.:cool:

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!
BIG STUFF! , That is what i call emotion-laden situations.
You are walking along and just ahead you see: a barrel of something on a ledge, wobbling, about to fall; or a surge of lava is coming toward you.
strong emotions used to cause me to run, afraid of being splashed or consumed. Logical, right?
Intense emotions, dealing with change, seeing, or worse, imagining, what other people are going through, being there when there is nothing i can do to prevent it or something hard that i can do to help if i am willing. these are part of adult life that i 'knew' i was incapable of handling. so i absented myself. so i missed so much.
There are parts of this journey that i am not 'overly fond of" (massive understatement), but each is a part of it that i try to embrace. i choose to experience, to feel. to share. what a rich texture life has when we are able to nurture those who love us. to stand watch in the cold rain of diminishing return, fading response, and love them fully. To make the right decisions when they are needed; and to have a community to draw comfort from when the night is long. bless you in your efforts, you are not alone.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and happy Friday!
I’m sitting here in front of a window reading through all the posts when some movement outside caught my eye. I look up and see this pair in my backyard. Seems kinda late in the day for them to be out.

On another topic, I must of been 4 or 5 years old (1964 or 65)and remember going to my 103 year old great grandmother’s house. I hated going there cause she had a rule that we could use only 3 squares of toilet paper and she went to the bathroom with us to make sure we didn’t use more than that. Now I think of the stories she could of told me had I been old enough to understand them.

Not able to work on my project due to rain. Not sanding in the garage!

Last edited:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good Morning Reefies.
received my live sale order from the weekend yesterday.
two days late. :mad:
story is on my build thread. (shameless plug (not a frag plug))

the ducks won out again yesterday. never pulled the trigger.
still had a grand time reminiscing with my my childhood best friend blood brother.

talked todays hunting partner into not going due to weather.
wasn't to difficult as he was in to many bottles of wine at a wine tasting party during said conversation.

so it's going to be a late breakfast out with the wife and hopefully the jewelers to pickup her ring.

have a fabulous friday.:cool:
Angry news, not so great news, acceptable news ending with wonderful news, for the wife anyhow.
This is how I felt after reading all of this.
salad fingers doll GIF by David Firth

Time for coffee, again.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I got to sleep in since I don't have to work today. I have my new Kessil lights coming in today. I can't finish my stand due to missing a few important parts. I might go to the store instead an maybe get something for the smoker before I put it up for the winter. Have a great day and stay safe!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning it is poring rain here but I have rain gear and will walk like usual. After that we are driving the 60 miles to Queens NY for my friends wake.

While we are there we will also go to my other friends house who also died a few days ago to see his wife so not a pleasant day :(

Last edited:

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! It’s another beautiful day in Yellowstone country. I’m going to swing some flies for a big brown today. I tore down the 32 last night and cleaned the sand. Today I will clean the tank and sump. All the fish and corals are in my 20. I think I might have killed my mangrove when I scratched the root removing it from a power head. Have a great day and stay safe.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! Don't forget what day it is today...

GIF by BOXYCHARM

It's National Doorbell Day!!!

(true story, look it up if you need to). :oops:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies :cool:
how do you lose to a rival when you're up 30-14 with under 7 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter??
follow the UM playbook under coach jimmy.;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
what a great day.

in other news....
picking up the ring today.
dinner out.
tank maintenance.
zombie tv.

enjoy your sunday.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 136 41.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 165 49.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 31 9.3%
Back