Good Morning!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning All!
Rainy and windy here this morning. I’m gonna get out and do my “non perishable “ Thanksgiving shopping done today (supply chain and rapidly emptying shelves). It’s always just the two of us for “turkey day” but I still cook the entire traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We just do a turkey breast instead of a whole bird.
Still have not serviced the car and the leaves are getting deeper here.
Christmas shopping has started early here. I got a new stand mixer for Angela And she also mentioned that she wanted a bread maker. She loves to bake for the holidays so she will get the mixer early.
Have a great day and Stay Safe, Healthy & Happy!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. Got a good start on my project yesterday. Stripped and rough sanded. And hole cut in the side. Today I am fine sanding. The doors will take a little longer to do cause the inserts /recessed part require hand sanding. I’m make a cat litter hiding box from an old end table I found for cheap.
53833BE4-9CB4-4D58-800C-2EDA516A7A65.jpeg 02674121-0CD3-4732-9F06-AAAA1F6B3CAB.jpeg

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning

Good morning. Got a good start on my project yesterday. Stripped and rough sanded. And hole cut in the side. Today I am fine sanding. The doors will take a little longer to do cause the inserts /recessed part require hand sanding. I’m make a cat litter hiding box from an old end table I found for cheap.
53833BE4-9CB4-4D58-800C-2EDA516A7A65.jpeg 02674121-0CD3-4732-9F06-AAAA1F6B3CAB.jpeg
I need one of those except it would have to be made of something cast iron because of the 100 pound dog.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfortunately another really close friend of mine died suddenly yesterday. He went downstairs presumably to feed their cat and never returned so his wife went to look for him, and he was dead.

He was seemingly in good health with no apparent issues.

This is our second friend in a week to die and the third to die in about a year. I have pictures of all three of these friends at a party in our back yard in our first house in 1973.
His wife Lorraine is another good friend I used to drive home from high school with my wife.

They were planning a wedding for one of their sons in a few months, and now a funeral. He is also a Veteran so I assume it will be a military service.

We are still consoling our other friend John's wife who lost her long time husband of about 45 years a few days ago.

Mike retired a few weeks ago and he was about 68
It's a sad thing, my neighbors are old. I don't know his age but he has old pow tattoos on his arms and hands. Most look like numbers in a different language. My husband and I don't want to see them pass. But, his wife, everyday I see her she is losing strength to hold her self up. Their son helps them around the house. They just remind me what the world has forgotten and what this generation I am living in knows nothing about.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately another really close friend of mine died suddenly yesterday. He went downstairs presumably to feed their cat and never returned so his wife went to look for him, and he was dead.

He was seemingly in good health with no apparent issues.

This is our second friend in a week to die and the third to die in about a year. I have pictures of all three of these friends at a party in our back yard in our first house in 1973.
His wife Lorraine is another good friend I used to drive home from high school with my wife.

They were planning a wedding for one of their sons in a few months, and now a funeral. He is also a Veteran so I assume it will be a military service.

We are still consoling our other friend John's wife who lost her long time husband of about 45 years a few days ago.

Mike retired a few weeks ago and he was about 68

I'm so sorry to hear this news....all of it! :( It's so hard losing friends. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all and also those families.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mibu I was born right after World War 2 and I knew many people, much older then me who had those numbers tattooed on them from POW German war camps.

They are all but gone now as is the "Greatest Generation" that my parents were a part of.

Most younger people today have no idea what their parents or Grand Parents went through and most of it was so much tougher than today. There is no comparism.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mibu I was born right after World War 2 and I knew many people, much older then me who had those numbers tattooed on them from POW German war camps.

They are all but gone now as is the "Greatest Generation" that my parents were a part of.

Most younger people today have no idea what their parents or Grand Parents went through and most of it was so much tougher than today. There is no comparism.
No it is not. I grew up with those ww1 and 2 stories. All my dad knew were military vets. I had respect for them all. They would give their life to save another and not even think twice. You needed them, they were there. Through poverty, sickness, you name it. You got put in jail, they got you out. You were sick, they got food put on the table. When friendship actually had a definition.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Back to reality. It was bittersweet seeing my 89-year-old mom this week. Her dementia is really bad now, which makes seeing her very difficult. My brother lives with her because she could never live on her own anymore. I'm not even sure she'd qualify for assisted living at this point. We'll be going back in January. We enjoyed the beach very much. The other part was tough.

On a good note, one set of kids/grandkids are well on the road to recovery and will be visiting here in a few weeks. On an even better note, our "boarders" finally moved out! We're working on some different plans now and husband will be setting up his mancave in the bonus room. He will be able to blast the TV without me yelling at him to put on the headphones! :D

Have a great day. Give your friends/family members an extra hug. :)

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what a blessing to have family to care for and a compass to steer by.
if no compass, when you are going west, aim a set of rocks or the wagon tongue toward the setting sun before dark so that you can get an early start before the sun rises

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random memory. I started walking with a cane until my knee is 100% again, which may never be. Mostly I use it get up if I happen to sit somewhere that flexes my knee a little to much.

It was my grandpas cane and was his gun when we were bear hunting in the family room when I was very small.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ned - thanks for sparking a few memories for me from a time long, long ago. My main memories of my grandfather include watching him shovel coal into his stove, watching him eat oatmeal, and listening to him play polka music on the accordion. Clearly this was a few eons ago, but I got coal in my stocking when I was 12 (I'm sure that I earned it!), I still regularly eat oatmeal, and my family assures me I will be fine without an accordion!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my dad knew were military vets
Almost all of my friends are military Vets including myself. I also lost quite a few friends in the war I was in in Viet Nam..

Most of the people of my parents generation were in WW2. Tough people.

(I also eat oatmeal :cool: )

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aunt Dude. Iduma Best, my mothers aunt, widowed. She had the same birthday as me. Her old farm house had a cistern that collected rain water from the roof and it had a hand pump in the kitchen to draw water. We would go there and I would catch June bugs and fly them on a thread. We would go down to the large creek and play. You could find brain rocks there. I believe they are fossil sponges from the Devonian period. I took them when we sold mom and dads house.
IMG_4098-M.jpg

She had a Chevy Corvair. One of the worst cars ever made IMHO. If she took you anywhere it was scary because it always smelled like it was on fire plus she was the worst driver I ever saw.

Lived to be 103. Regularly drank pickle juice.

Last edited:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefGrammie. I know that is tough. My Mom was fine until 93 then she started to forget who I was.

We also put her in an assisted living and naturally that progressed into a nursing home. It was tough but you really can't take care of elderly people at home indefinitely. You try but after a while, you also have a life and they are 24/7 responsibilities.

Years ago our parents used to die when they got very old because they didn't have the means to keep them alive. Today we can keep them alive forever with medications, but I am not sure thats the best thing when their mind is gone. It is very tough but eventually I let my Mother go as there was nothing left in her to save even though her heart was beating.

After my Mom forgot me and didn't know where she was, it almost didn't matter where she lived as long as they were very nice to her, kept her clean and tried to keep her interested in something as after a while we all kind of revert back to our infancy. She also lost her ability to speak.

My Mother lived until 99 years old and passes away of old age with nothing physical wrong with her.
She never took a pill, not even an aspirin and didn't wear glasses.

As soon as my Mom passed, my wife's Mom started the same way and we also put her in the same assisted living and then nursing home. My Mother N Law lived in the same house as us for over 40 years and she was a Sweet heart.

We do what we can as much as we can but it is a hard time in your life and isn't easy seeing the people who raised us and were so vibrant to deteriorate in old age.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
Today I will think about cats or fish or something else.
I ordered a large multi tier plant stand and it shipped yesterday. It will be nice to have additional space. Jeanna is a plant kook and she keeps giving us plants she split off of hers or giving us ones she bought because she doesn't have any more room.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everybody! In recognition of National Cat Day I decided to share a picture of one of the cats that I belong to (as you may know, cats don't have owners they have possessions).

Smokie.jpg

Happy Friday!

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judging by the recent plethora of gear and gadget threads people look at our running systems and wonder
What is that? What does it even do?

But ignorance has gone from something cured through self education to a virtue.

Ha, you are just a gear junkie. You don't need all that stuff that I don't know what it is. My fish has been fine 2 months without all that stuff.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If I ever buy an RV- this is the one
7ABB54EF-05BE-45AA-AE8A-F829E43072B5.jpeg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 45.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 71 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.4%
Back