Good Morning!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to share this little story from last week. Wife is in the kitchen and I in my office. Hear her yell. I come into the kitchen and she points to a very large, toppled ash tree now laying where my 27-ton log splitter was. Oh, the irony. Or was it cosmic karma?

Thankfully, the splitter was largely undamaged.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad the move went well and the blenny was found! Good choice on the LED. I have the 50” v2 inside the canopy of my 90. If you’re a numbers geek, after I’m back home, I can send you my Excel spreadsheet ramp up/down demonstrating a beautiful bell curve. ;Shamefullyembarrased

just don’t ask me about PAR because I have no idea! The programming is a bit tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, it’s not bad.
Thanks! And yes, I would definitely be interested in the spreadsheet if ya don't mind

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies
i need one of you in the nashville mafia to go to the fedex building and save my poto order. :confused:
was supposed to be here yesterday.
left n.y. on monday night.
stuck in nashville with no updated delivery date.:mad:
and i'm gone thursday and friday.... not that i expect it to survive past today.
hav a fab day.:cool:

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! It's been a while since I was on here. Life has been crazy out here. Record business for the last 10 months. We are finally getting a break. I am hopefully done with the 100 hour work weeks till February. My tank has been mostly been on autopilot all summer. My landlord was spraying insecticide outside in May and killed all but 3 of my fish. It was devastating to say the least. I had a major GHA out break that was easily beaten by turning the lights off for a week. Most of my corals have somehow survived my non existent husbandry. I am in the midst of building a new stand this weekend and resetting the tanks and setting up AWC. Anyway, I hope everyone is happy and healthy and I will be seeing you guys around here.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, dear reefies.
So, this just has not been my season. As if everything that has transpired has not been enough, my loving and incredible grandmother passed away yesterday morning. I was closer to her than any person outside of my children. My last conversation with her, she told me that I was her in every way. She told me not to come because she wanted me to remember her beautiful. I knew she was saying goodbye. I'm not ready. We're never ready. I feel like the world opened up and swallowed me whole.
I'm trying to distract myself from grief by focusing on anything else. I finally tested my parameters yesterday. Turns out that my ReefDose4 has not been a good friend. It has been telling me everyday that it has not been able to dose alk, when in fact it was - a lot. My alk is up to 14. It told me it was dosing calcium, and it wasn't - the container was bone dry. My calcium dropped to 310. Mag remains high at 1400, which I was not dosing. The supplement monitor on that thing just does not work. Nitrates are at 8.9 but ammonia is still at zero and PH is 8.2. Essentially, the tank looks good. I lost one fish, which could just be old age - it was a chromis. I also lost a few nerite snails. I actually hope getting the paramenters back in line does not have an adverse impact. My nem split and she is thriving. My bubble coral is enormous. (still concerned about what the heck is growing on it's base but it's localized so I'm just going to wait and see)
With the knee injury, it is incredibly difficult to do any tank maintenance right now. I'm going to thank the reef god's (Neptune?) that the tank has not gone completely haywire.
Today, I need to go tell my daughter who was out of town that her great grandmother has passed. This will mean that she has lost every biological grandparent she had within 6 weeks. I need this year to be over. If ever I needed a fresh start and a do-over ... I'm there. I've had another company trying to recruit me for months. Maybe it's time to listen.
Thanks for listening. I'll probably read this later and realize that I make no sense. Sleep has not been my friend.
Hugs and well wishes to you all. May your travels be safe and your tanks be spectacular.
So sorry for your loss

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good Morning! It's been a while since I was on here. Life has been crazy out here. Record business for the last 10 months. We are finally getting a break. I am hopefully done with the 100 hour work weeks till February. My tank has been mostly been on autopilot all summer. My landlord was spraying insecticide outside in May and killed all but 3 of my fish. It was devastating to say the least. I had a major GHA out break that was easily beaten by turning the lights off for a week. Most of my corals have somehow survived my non existent husbandry. I am in the midst of building a new stand this weekend and resetting the tanks and setting up AWC. Anyway, I hope everyone is happy and healthy and I will be seeing you guys around here.
Wow! What a happy surprise to see a familiar face again! I'm glad to hear that you are navigating the whirlwinds and challenges of life. I look forward to seeing the new stand and reset tank.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! Back at it for another day!!!

Rocking Out Tv Shows GIF

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. 3 days ago my parrot was in a mood and while giving him food he bit my thumb hard enough to draw blood. Guess he doesn’t understand the concept of don’t bite the hand that feeds you. :rolleyes: Yesterday I had my hands in the tank and this morning my thumb is super sore and a little red. Not too bad but I did put some Neosporin and a bandaid on it. Was going to do maintenance on another tank today but my hold off now for a couple days. Have heard of people getting bad infections this way. Guess I will work on a woodworking project instead

Good morning! We're officially in the new house and the tank move went great yesterday! Well except for the lawnmower blenny. Little bugger hid in the muck left in my old tank and I missed him. Went back to the house an hour later and got him. Tough little dude is doin fine lol. Now to finish unloading the truck and go through all the dang boxes.. At least the important part of the move is done I plan on putting the light on the tank this morning. Will have to acclimate a bit I think since I'm going from a single A360x over the 60g cube to a reefbreeders 48" photon v2 over this 75g. Any suggestions on a ramp up? I was thinking like no more than 25% intensity for 4- days, then bump it like 5-10% every few days? And yeah, those are clamps holding the return outlets in place until I can find something more practical lol 1026211814_HDR.jpg
1026211814a_HDR.jpg
I have these lights and really like them. There is a little learning curve to programing but not too bad once you get the hang of it. Just got to do every channel separately for ever hour. Gets kind of tedious

Have a great day everyone.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome back.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! I’m sorry for the tank trials along the way. I would have been devastated about the fish also. :( I hope the reset goes well. Keep in touch!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A recent reexamination of archeological findings has caused scientists to theorize that the first Walmart stores opened perhaps as early as 40,000 years ago.
220px-Wien_NHM_Venus_von_Willendorf.jpg
800px-VenusHohlefels2.jpg

These stunningly lifelike figures from 30.000-40,000 tears ago are amazingly similar to people that shop at Walmart yet today.
Lion-Man-576x1024.jpg

Man with silly hat and dropped pants with crotch at his knees 38,000-40000 years old

Last edited:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately another really close friend of mine died suddenly yesterday. He went downstairs presumably to feed their cat and never returned so his wife went to look for him, and he was dead.

He was seemingly in good health with no apparent issues.

This is our second friend in a week to die and the third to die in about a year. I have pictures of all three of these friends at a party in our back yard in our first house in 1973.
His wife Lorraine is another good friend I used to drive home from high school with my wife.

They were planning a wedding for one of their sons in a few months, and now a funeral. He is also a Veteran so I assume it will be a military service.

We are still consoling our other friend John's wife who lost her long time husband of about 45 years a few days ago.

Mike retired a few weeks ago and he was about 68

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry to hear of the recent losses in your life @Paul B
It is never easy to lose a friend, family member or even a beloved animal companion.
If it means anything, at least he went quickly.
Thoughts and Prayers are going out to Mike and Johns wives and also to you and your family.
Stay Strong My Friend!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I had the worst night last night! The ghost of Gloria Gaynor appeared in front of my bed.
At first I was afraid, then I was petrified.

(If you don’t get the joke, click here. You’ll get it then.)

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! It's a nice toasty 35 for my morning commute. 8 hours of work an then 9 days off. I am more than ready for this staycation. I got most of the stand put together last night and made the RODI water. I'll make it salty tonight and finish the stand. Have a great day and stay safe!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately another really close friend of mine died suddenly yesterday. He went downstairs presumably to feed their cat and never returned so his wife went to look for him, and he was dead.

He was seemingly in good health with no apparent issues.

This is our second friend in a week to die and the third to die in about a year. I have pictures of all three of these friends at a party in our back yard in our first house in 1973.
His wife Lorraine is another good friend I used to drive home from high school with my wife.

They were planning a wedding for one of their sons in a few months, and now a funeral. He is also a Veteran so I assume it will be a military service.

We are still consoling our other friend John's wife who lost her long time husband of about 45 years a few days ago.

Mike retired a few weeks ago and he was about 68
So sorry to hear this. That is really tough! My thoughts and prayers are with you and their families. Hugs.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back