Good Morning!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I walked through a creepy forest.

The road turned into these tire ruts
today3.JPG

Then it became this

today 4.JPG

Deeper and deeper into the creepy road I walked.
today2.JPG

There were so many birds in the trees that it was deafening. I felt like it was Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds" movie. (Google it)

birds in tree.JPG
You can see them on top of the tree, but the trees were saturated with them.

Luckily, I made it back without a Ghoul eating me. o_O
No need for this guy to Google “Hitchcock’s, “The Birds” @Paul B
We have spent many weekend getaways in Bodega Bay. Been to the schoolhouse ( which is now a historic landmark) and eaten at The Tides restaurant ( which he’s been remodeled and modernized since Tippy Hedren was in there hiding from a flock of seagulls , the birds NOT the band).
Fun fact;
A large group of crows is called a “murder” !

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning thunder and lighting the past 3 hours. Heavy rain on and off. I got new lights to mess with for the reef. Still have to plan out this weeks lunch/dinner menu. I only thought of chili cheese fries...
yesterday was very busy..
Have a wonderful Sunday. Time for coffee, tis ready to brew!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning thunder and lighting the past 3 hours. Heavy rain on and off. I got new lights to mess with for the reef. Still have to plan out this weeks lunch/dinner menu. I only thought of chili cheese fries...
yesterday was very busy..
Have a wonderful Sunday. Time for coffee, tis ready to brew!
thanks for the heads up it is coming this way, due any minute!!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Everyone!
Its been a while since I’ve posted here and figured I’d better check in so Y’all didn’t think I abandoned ya!
Been a rough week for me (health wise). I developed a pretty nasty cough a few weeks ago and figured it was my seasonal thing I get from blowing leaves ( mold ) but it started getting worse. My Neurologist referred me to a Pulmonologist because she fears COPD.
Of course, hearing that kind of news makes a person feel even sicker.
My appointment is on the 3rd.
Looks to be an exciting football day here. My Titans are taking on the KC Chiefs here in Nashville. Chiefs are a hard team to beat but the Titans have been doing pretty well. Hope they don’t let me down.
Y’all have a great day. ;)
I had the seasonal thing twice a year from tree pollen and leaf mold most of my life. I got switched to COPD drugs in 2014 ( 1 inhaler used once a day) and haven't had it since them. One of the better things that has happened to me. No more going to urgent care for antibiotics because I think I have pneumonia and coming home with steroids instead once or twice a year. No more carrying a rescue inhaler.

The ciabatta was wonderful. I only ate a tiny bit though. My blood sugar, blood pressure and everything else has been wonky since that drug reaction from the patches. Scares me a bit that I didn't even notice. Putting humpty dumpty back together again is a really crappy hobby.

My new thing is a shot I give myself once a week for the diabetes. O O O Ozempic.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! As a follow up on the shopping excursion yesterday, I had a great day with my family, my daughter exercised some fiscal restraint, and I may have added a few things for the fish room to the IKEA cart. Among 10,000 other things, we shopped for a couch which gave me the chance to expand my children's vocabulary to now include davenport, settee, divan, and chesterfield. The one thing that I hadn't planned when we left home at 7a - I asked when we'd get back home and they said "about lunchtime". Apparently some people each lunch at 4pm. :rolleyes:

No worries, today includes a fish-related excursion!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Do people ever ask you, “What inspires you to get out of bed every morning?”
When people ask me that I simply look at them and say, “My bladder.”

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, dear reefies.
So, this just has not been my season. As if everything that has transpired has not been enough, my loving and incredible grandmother passed away yesterday morning. I was closer to her than any person outside of my children. My last conversation with her, she told me that I was her in every way. She told me not to come because she wanted me to remember her beautiful. I knew she was saying goodbye. I'm not ready. We're never ready. I feel like the world opened up and swallowed me whole.
I'm trying to distract myself from grief by focusing on anything else. I finally tested my parameters yesterday. Turns out that my ReefDose4 has not been a good friend. It has been telling me everyday that it has not been able to dose alk, when in fact it was - a lot. My alk is up to 14. It told me it was dosing calcium, and it wasn't - the container was bone dry. My calcium dropped to 310. Mag remains high at 1400, which I was not dosing. The supplement monitor on that thing just does not work. Nitrates are at 8.9 but ammonia is still at zero and PH is 8.2. Essentially, the tank looks good. I lost one fish, which could just be old age - it was a chromis. I also lost a few nerite snails. I actually hope getting the paramenters back in line does not have an adverse impact. My nem split and she is thriving. My bubble coral is enormous. (still concerned about what the heck is growing on it's base but it's localized so I'm just going to wait and see)
With the knee injury, it is incredibly difficult to do any tank maintenance right now. I'm going to thank the reef god's (Neptune?) that the tank has not gone completely haywire.
Today, I need to go tell my daughter who was out of town that her great grandmother has passed. This will mean that she has lost every biological grandparent she had within 6 weeks. I need this year to be over. If ever I needed a fresh start and a do-over ... I'm there. I've had another company trying to recruit me for months. Maybe it's time to listen.
Thanks for listening. I'll probably read this later and realize that I make no sense. Sleep has not been my friend.
Hugs and well wishes to you all. May your travels be safe and your tanks be spectacular.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I’m sorry for those of you going through various trials. I hope things improve soon. I had a moment yesterday. I finally got up the nerve to donate some of Maya’s things to the local animal shelter. Talk about ripping off the bandaid…ouch, that hurt. I’m always glad to help the local shelter, but under different circumstances. :(

We just made it through Atlanta. That’s never fun, but the traffic wasn’t too bad this time. Husband stayed up until after midnight to watch the Braves make it into The World Series…hopefully, everyone else in Atlanta did the same thing! Now he’s trying to figure out how to go when the Braves come back to Atlanta. I found a ticket for $7500 that includes a whopping $25 food credit. Seriously??? Umm, no thanks.

Have a great Sunday! Looking forward to a “salty” view later today! :)

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I’m sorry for those of you going through various trials. I hope things improve soon. I had a moment yesterday. I finally got up the nerve to donate some of Maya’s things to the local animal shelter. Talk about ripping off the bandaid…ouch, that hurt. I’m always glad to help the local shelter, but under different circumstances. :(

We just made it through Atlanta. That’s never fun, but the traffic wasn’t too bad this time. Husband stayed up until after midnight to watch the Braves make it into The World Series…hopefully, everyone else in Atlanta did the same thing! Now he’s trying to figure out how to go when the Braves come back to Atlanta. I found a ticket for $7500 that includes a whopping $25 food credit. Seriously??? Umm, no thanks.

Have a great Sunday! Looking forward to a “salty” view later today! :)
I was living in Atlanta the last time they went to the series.... long time ago. Atlanta doesn't need much to give them an excuse to gouge people. Wow - remembering the 1998 Olympics.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone!

But First Coffee Heart GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Yesterday I finally replaced the 55g tank that blew a seem a few weeks ago - Petco's sale comes through again. Additionally, I picked up a bunch of older freshwater books from a friend that no longer needed them. ;Bookworm

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Five tips for a woman:

1. It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a good job.
  2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.
  3. It is important to find a man that you can count on and who won’t lie to you.
  4. It is important that a man loves and spoils you.
  5. It is important that these four men don’t know each other.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! @Paul B, I’m probably about a thousand miles from you, but it’s the same Atlantic Ocean! Kids are in charge of the tanks for a few days. Other kids/ grands are doing much better and will be released from QT before Halloween…you know, the important stuff. Have a great day! I’m going to take a walk and enjoy the salty air!

B0E442CE-D45B-4D8B-BB91-3E93650CEB78.jpeg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back