Good Morning!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! Pretty sure I can see the weekend...

Confused Wile E Coyote GIF by Looney Tunes

of course, you may remember how this cartoon ended so I'm hoping for better luck. :oops:

Happy Thursday!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

@Paul B, sadly that is our reality as we get older. We've lost several long-term neighbors this year with different issues. It's heartbreaking. Will keep you and your family/friends in my thoughts and prayers.

@WVNed, I hope you continue on the mend.

I have a request of my own. I found out that one of our sons has "it." He's fully vaccinated and I'm not too worried about him, but I'm worried sick about the babies...almost 5 months old and 2-1/2 years old.

Our locals kids may be moving out tomorrow, so add that to the stress. My brain is in total chaos right now! o_O

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

@Paul B, sadly that is our reality as we get older. We've lost several long-term neighbors this year with different issues. It's heartbreaking. Will keep you and your family/friends in my thoughts and prayers.

@WVNed, I hope you continue on the mend.

I have a request of my own. I found out that one of our sons has "it." He's fully vaccinated and I'm not too worried about him, but I'm worried sick about the babies...almost 5 months old and 2-1/2 years old.

Our locals kids may be moving out tomorrow, so add that to the stress. My brain is in total chaos right now! o_O
I would not worry at all. Jill through work has had a close connection with first hand reports from her long time customers to "it". A very few passed away but all of them were close to death from some other long term condition and simply couldn't handle another stressor on their frail bodies. That is also what happened to her mother. My sons best friend's father passed when he got "it". He was also a candidate for a heart/lung transplant.
There has always has been an "it" out there and there will always be one. Nothing has changed except how we feel about disease now and that seems to have had a great deal of help from many fronts.

Day care has had a much greater affect on the grand kids and all 3 of them are sick again. 2 have ear infections.
No 'it", they were tested.

I remember when Jill was pregnant with our first and she got exposed to German measles at work. Lot's of shots.
Grant had viral meningitis. Take him home and make him comfortable. There is nothing we can do.

Peace be with you because angst accomplishes nothing.

Last edited:

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My next adventure appears on the horizon
I have a 4x4x3.5cm cyst on my right kidney. Apparently someone detected it before but didn't tell me because it is twice as big now compared to before. I have no idea over how much time though. My doctor says I should have been referred to a nephrologist at that time but nope I have never seen one.
A long time ago I lived next door to one. He had a full video setup in his bedroom made by Sony. Back then we are talking devices as big as large suitcases like a reel to reel video recorder and a huge camera on a massive tripod.
He was a Pilipino and a cool guy. Talked about boar hunting as a child with hand grenades left over from the war.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
been there, apparently it happened before 2015
Well, it did take place probably sometime around 40,000 years ago. I am not sure what took place first, the meteor strike or the birth of Paul B. :)

Good morning everyone. Rise and shine, coffee time. Mess with the fish, maybe dig around the sump and count pods. I am sure that isn't going to happen....

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not worry at all. Jill through work has had a close connection with first hand reports from her long time customers to "it". A very few passed away but all of them were close to death from some other long term condition and simply couldn't handle another stressor on their frail bodies. That is also what happened to her mother. My sons best friend's father passed when he got "it". He was also a candidate for a heart/lung transplant.
There has always has been an "it" out there and there will always be one. Nothing has changed except how we feel about disease now and that seems to have had a great deal of help from many fronts.

Day care has had a much greater affect on the grand kids and all 3 of them are sick again. 2 have ear infections.
No 'it", they were tested.

I remember when Jill was pregnant with our first and she got exposed to German measles at work. Lot's of shots.
Grant had viral meningitis. Take him home and make him comfortable. There is nothing we can do.

Peace be with you because angst accomplishes nothing.

Thank you. Son is doing ok. Babies are ok so far. The 2-1/2 year old goes to preschool, so he picks up his share of "nasties" there. The baby is just home with mom now. Not much angst in me over "it." Mostly just worry. Moms have to worry!

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I'm off until next Thursday!!!! Heading further south in a few days to visit family. There shouldn't too much tank prep for just a few days away. Hopefully, our son (IF he ever moves out) will come over once and feed the fish. The U-Haul is supposed to make an appearance in my driveway this afternoon, so there's hope! Enjoy your Friday and weekend! ;Joyful

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new doctor took the initiative to find out about the kidney cyst and called some people.
It's nothing to worry about because while it has doubled in size it did so over a long period of time which is normal.
If it did it in 2 years that would be bad.

I may have got a good one.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mibu
Can I have your pretzel recipe, please.
My first try made misshapen cow patties. I am cooking them anyway to check the rest of the technique.
I made a bath with BRS soda ash and dipped them for 3 minutes. They dough was very soft and impossible to move around though. Maybe I should have let it kneed longer.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Mibu
Can I have your pretzel recipe, please.
My first try made misshapen cow patties. I am cooking them anyway to check the rest of the technique.
I made a bath with BRS soda ash and dipped them for 3 minutes. They dough was very soft and impossible to move around though. Maybe I should have let it kneed longer.
I borrowed it from this guy, WORKS very well.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I borrowed it from this guy, WORKS very well.
Yes I love Alton and that was the one I used this morning. I guess practice makes perfect. Taste okay. Look real bad.
I will try again in a little while.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back