Rating - 100%
14   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Teachers these days tell kids not to worry about spelling because now there’s autocorrect on all their devices. And for that, I am infernally grapefruit!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! reservoirs are full, fresh water tank topped off, making RODI; bird baths filled, dust bath for birds on the patio concrete stirred and cat poop removed, lol. humming bird, seed, and suet feeders full. remaining 2 liters of nectar in the fridge. chinchilla: cage clean with new pine shavings. dust bath taken and dust sifted for poop and fur. last laundry load in the dryer. lawn about to get mowed. I'm probably forgetting something but it has been a full morning so far. enjoy yours. this is a neighbor who will not reveal his name IMG_4946.jpeg

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. I’m off to Iowa this morning(10 hour drive) Moving Dad into a new house. Mom’s been in nursing home for past 4 years now and we finally convinced Dad to sell the acreage and move into town. He’s lived there for 50 years so it was a hard fight. It was hard to tell an 85 year old proud and stubborn man he should not be going up and down the stairs in the basement with a laundry basket anymore. Last spring my sister got a call from a concerned neighbor. Said they saw Dad with the tractor and the bucket raised as high as it would go and then a ladder inside the bucket so he could clean out the rain gutters. :flushed-face: We found him a nice little 3 bedroom ranch home with a laundry room so no more basement stairs! We will all sleep better at night now.

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. I’m off to Iowa this morning(10 hour drive) Moving Dad into a new house. Mom’s been in nursing home for past 4 years now and we finally convinced Dad to sell the acreage and move into town. He’s lived there for 50 years so it was a hard fight. It was hard to tell an 85 year old proud and stubborn man he should not be going up and down the stairs in the basement with a laundry basket anymore. Last spring my sister got a call from a concerned neighbor. Said they saw Dad with the tractor and the bucket raised as high as it would go and then a ladder inside the bucket so he could clean out the rain gutters. :flushed-face: We found him a nice little 3 bedroom ranch home with a laundry room so no more basement stairs! We will all sleep better at night now.
I fully understand your worries but it sounds like your dad and I could be good friends. Hope he does well in his new home.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely understand. My 90-year-old mother has lived in the same house for almost 50 years. Fortunately, it's a one level with no stairs anywhere. My brother lives with her. We know at any moment, we could be faced with the hard decisions. She refuses sitters, and fires PT the second they step in the house to work with her. She is a VERY stubborn woman! I'm glad you found a good solution for your dad.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back