Good Morning!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a freelance Technical Director for live television programming.

I am a freelance technical television watcher, but only at night after a very busy day which I spend on my retirement stuff which means I get up anytime I want, eat anything I want, then do anything I want which as time goes by I gradually do slower but I am so busy doing things I want to do that I am trying to find ways that I don't have to sleep. I tried using coral glue to stick my eyes open but that doesn't work because my Manly eyebrows stick to the stuff and tend to pull my forehead down. By the way, my forehead starts at a point on the back of my neck where a shirt used to come to.

I am in the process of building so many cool things that I am not sure which one to work on first. The day I retired, on my way home I had to stop by a plastic surgeons office to have my face made bigger to fit my smile, and I always wear it.
The hardest thing I have to do is go to the bank to pick up my retirement pension check, then social security check then the profit checks I get from selling signed, glossy 8 X 10 glossy pictures of Nancy Pelosi.

This morning I have to do something else, not so fun. Yesterday my wife had an accident with the car. She didn't get hurt but the car needs a new "side". It's a new Jeep Compass. I will bring it into the body shop in a few minutes.
I also need a newer knee to replace the 6 month old one that got tarnished. :eek:

Tonight we are going out to dinner on our boat. We found a restaurant on the water we want to try out. In the future, if everyone is lucky you will get to retire so all of your time is yours. If I was still working I would have trouble paying for all the fun things I am doing (not counting bringing the car to a body shop).

Just before I retired my union sent me to a "retirement class". No, Really! It seems a lot of people are not sure how to fill the hours, but that concept goes right over my head.
The teacher asked a question. "What is your biggest fear when you no longer have to work?"

Then she held up my paper and asked, "Who's paper is this?" I said, It's mine. She said, "You are the only one here out of the fifty people that should retire. The rest of you should continue working or stick the ozone hose from your skimmer up your nose and inhale 9 or 10 times. Or something like that.

I wrote, " I don't think I will live long enough to do all the things I want to do and the days and years are too short. :D

It came true and I love my life. I think of working as a nasty thing I had to do for almost 60 years and I never miss that or think about it. :cool:

This is our closest friends and my wife and I a few weeks ago in Mustique. We bought a home right next door to them and we have been friends all of our lives. :p
That's Brian Adams house on the other side of the lagoon. :)

Of course some people can't afford to retire and that's unfortunate and sad. My wife and I came up with a system as soon as we got married so that we would always have money so as not to starve. But we didn't rob banks or anything although that would set you up nice. It's basically a system that makes sure you only spend what you have and leave enough for cat food. Even though we don't have a cat.

I know this is a Good Morning thread so I hope you stopped reading at the second line. But have a wonderful and good morning. :D

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning everyone! or it will be once the sun rises. 45 degrees this morn:mad:
The day I retired, on my way home I had to stop by a plastic surgeons office to have my face made bigger to fit my smile, and I always wear it.
I hope I last long enough to see that pot of gold.
I get enough TV at work.
Now when I see dead Air I will know you are surfing R2R. BTW got any Bloopers? ;)

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
I am a semi professional dog petter now. We have a new client coming. Dolly the beagle. My wife is renting me out. It's her brothers dog.
I find dogs to be vastly superior to supermodels.
I will get to retire when I am 67. I have no trouble amusing myself. Retiring beats the heck out of getting sent home to die. I have always been contrary though.

I used to work 9-1-1 dispatch, now I am in the natural gas industry in gas control. Set infront of almost the same amount of electronics.
I installed and fixed that stuff in Jackson, Roane, Kanawha, Cabel, Mason, Putnam and several other counties. It's been a few years ago though now. It was my voice on the call director at Kanawha co for a long time. Fascinating job until my magic wand warped and cracked. I was programming a new system with one of the directors from Mason county
when I had my second event at work and was sent to the hospital. Never made it back.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ced1594c-e75c-4fa0-8257-681a215ca893-jpeg.1100889
Hey I forgot to mention Chernobyl is looking for tech operators EXCELLENT Benefits

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, I do not even have a real TV. I watch movies on a laptop sometimes. I get enough TV at work.

Ha, I don't even have a lap top. And I certainly wouldn't stare at my phone. ;)

I had some VHS tapes in the 90s that would get me banned.

What do you mean "Had" I still have them. I keep them next to my 8 track tapes. I just threw out my reel to reel tape recorder from the fiftees. (google it) :p

mshonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all!!! @NY_Caveman thats awesome. I mean as far a jobs go. Not as good as @WVNed though. I'm a software engineer aspiring to be a artist/coral rancher but moonlight as a carpenter and landscaper. My brother told me 5 years ago when he hit 55 that he wants to be a brew master when he grows up!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all!!! @NY_Caveman thats awesome. I mean as far a jobs go. Not as good as @WVNed though. I'm a software engineer aspiring to be a artist/coral rancher but moonlight as a carpenter and landscaper. My brother told me 5 years ago when he hit 55 that he wants to be a brew master when he grows up!

I am going to have some business cards made. I will be the acting director of
"The Appalachian Sea"
a small nonprofit aquarium facility in West Virginia. I wonder how much in donations I can collect. I need to get Jeanna to show me how that Facebook thing works.

The gas fireplace lit it is so cold in here. It is against my religion to wear long pants in June.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back