Good Morning!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you mean. We routinely have a huge Italian meal the day before Thanksgiving that my wife makes. We get home made pasta, breads and meats in the only Italian place left in new York and schlep it all the way up there.
After that we don't feel like eating no turkey, but you have to.
I grew up with a lot of Italians, Cooked and worked and even got frisked by men in black suits ;Wideyed Oh I miss all the good food and fun.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone - Happy December!

PenguinDance.gif

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all , hope everything is fantastic on your reef@ R2R. Hope ya'll are having awesome winter holiday seasons are happy and healthy, and doing what you love on this fine Sunday ! Got an hour before the lights come on but doing some serious reef work today , and going to try and slap together a thread soon on our new DT (oldtank running 4 years ) re-scape and plant 80g Mixed Lagoon Peninsula , Its a mix of some old broodstock colonies , some new frags of old corals, and a bunch of new frag goodies from some of the amazing vendors here on R2R! Spoiler , there is sand involved lol have a great day everybody !!! Reef On

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!! Supposed to snow today. Power came back on after maybe an hour so all was just fine. We have pretty reliable power usually, outage rarely (this was 3rd long one in 7 years) and then usually < 1 hour. I have noticed an increase in smaller 1-10 minutes one though...maybe once every couple months. We're a growing community so might be time to invest in some backup solutions.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made some Instant Pot red beans last night. My wife has been singing that thing's praises so much that it's our default Christmas gift this year to the kids.

I'm usually a purist on things like beans, stews, chili and carnitas which is several hours in my Trusted and very heavy dutch oven (found it in a consignment shop - must be 30-40 years old). Plus Instant Pot just sounded gimmicky. But my curiosity got the better of me. So after soaking overnight, made up a quick saute of aromatics and seasonings (10-15 min) in separate pan...added it to the Instant Pot with some water and it was done in 10 min after whatever warm up time it took. And I actually thought the texture was better than the old way, firm without mush. So I'm sold.

Still cooking my bolognese for 6 hours the old way - some things you just don't muck with..but then again.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Progress! (Red tablecloth for cranberry juice protection)

3xJcj50.jpg
Wow, looks good enough to serve British Royalty !!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Not waiting for snow, but were going to get some. So loving the snowless winter !!
It will melt during the week as we have stable 40's ahead.
The bad note. . . . . . Back to work tonight (got so spoiled with 5 days off) and just found my Powder Blue Tang on top of the tank. Forgot to slide cover back over the opening. Im bummed on that . I think its time to evict the Clown tang who constantly chases him and wont leave him alone. No wonder he took the leap !
11 days ago I acquired a beautiful Flourescent green and red RBTA and its already split this morning !

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! Hopefully you still have some money after all of the sales and are ready for giving Tuesday!

CatMoney.gif

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back