Good Morning!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies
My coral auction sniper abilities came in to play last night.
Local potter was auctioning off a bowl for charity and my mrs “just had to have it”.
Bid was at $255 with it ending at 10pm.
At 9:59:50 I punched in $300.
Her girlfriend punched in $325 at 10:00:10.
We told her she can come and visit it.
B7FC3AB2-A399-4E4F-81CD-E79CE9E681C5.jpeg

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another project for a lazy day!
Angela said she thought one of those river rock “reflexology “ mats would be cool under the outside shower.
Checked Amazon (my favorite place to blow money) and they are pretty expensive.
I got $12 worth of decorative river rock in little bags at the dollar store, already had a rubber mat and a tube of clear silicone. Made her this.
03A18E67-56AF-423A-91C9-8ECC24212328.jpeg BF749F35-524D-46A4-B0A2-F83AD7678F48.jpeg

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, Wonderful day. Yesterday I took another beach walk to see if I could find any more ancient artifacts.
beach walk.jpeg

Usually I have to chase the deer off here..

Astonishingly I found more hieroglyphs but I am not sure of their age or meaning.

Graffity on beach.JPG

I kept walking hoping to make a new and exciting discovery and I made a few. For instance, I learned how the Egyptians moved those huge stones in place for the pyramids.

Rock with pipes.JPG

They seemed to have just poked them into place with these long pipes probably made of bamboo or Tyrannosaurus leg bones.

Soon I found where they must have made camp as I discovered their clothes lines

Sticks on sand.JPG

But the most impressive thing I found, which will change history as we know it, is the dinghy from Noah's Ark buried in the sand.

Boat in sand.JPG

Noah must have used this for the smaller animal pairs like pods, bristle worms, flatworms, dung beetles, mosquitoes and no-see-um gnats.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I found out yesterday someone stole my cats DNA and cloned him
I guess I will have to patent him
This is not Mocha. This is a cat Jeanna met yesterday that is his twin.
2021051907003833--7902537695101587143-IMG_6311-L.jpg

Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

Last edited:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO you ever wonder what is actually going on out in the big wide world?

Due to heavy shipping demands, FedEx Freight will be suspending inbound shipments destined for the Cinnaminson, NJ service center starting Wednesday, May 19th until further notice. This service center serves Philadelphia, PA and parts of Eastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey. Outbound shipments or pickups from this impacted service area will continue uninterrupted.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

change of schedule again. No biggie. Just rolling with it. Constantly being told I’m “so flexible”. I mean, this is my job, I go where I’m needed. Is that really that hard to find?

in other news the trees and plants and such are out to get me. Zyrtec was powerless to defend me from pollen, the lord of sneezes. Maybe today will be better as sneezing and a running nose are awful when wearing a mask.

have a good one everybody!
FEC280C7-5452-4241-859D-955BCA598E62.jpeg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies.
I've been rejuvenated.... workwise.
I'm finally back on my fav computer design program working on the stuff I prefer. for the last year it was all I could do to get 50 hours in.
now I'm clocking in at 5:30 working 12 hour days and with a due date looming I told them take the gloves off and let me work unlimited.
my super is good with it, but has to get approval from above.
I told him easier to get forgiveness (when we make the due date) then permission (when we don't make the due date and they are yelling about that).
have a most awesome super excellent energetic play hard stay safe kinda day. :cool:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!
I thought i heard cicada music this morning as i lay in bed... opened window, nope, the buzzing is in my head.
a bea U ti ful day on the way, i intend to enjoy it! I hope you can as well!
just so ya know..... I do have bug recipes. ;)

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Friends!
Cloudy but Gonna hit 80* today. Luckily, Angela was home and I took my phone with me to feed the girls. I got locked in the hen house AGAIN!
The release cable (wire) broke and I couldn’t unlatch the door from the inside. I just replaced the wires with steel cable so, hopefully, it won’t happen again.
Was going to buy lumber today but may put off this project till later. Joints are sore and I don’t feel like overdoing it this week.
Holy cow! Plywood is close to $80 a sheet now. Didn’t think trees even got COVID!
Y’all have a fun day and Stay Safe.
@sp1187
Dont kill yourself just because they approve OT.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Friends!
Cloudy but Gonna hit 80* today. Luckily, Angela was home and I took my phone with me to feed the girls. I got locked in the hen house AGAIN!
The release cable (wire) broke and I couldn’t unlatch the door from the inside. I just replaced the wires with steel cable so, hopefully, it won’t happen again.
Was going to buy lumber today but may put off this project till later. Joints are sore and I don’t feel like overdoing it this week.
Holy cow! Plywood is close to $80 a sheet now. Didn’t think trees even got COVID!
Y’all have a fun day and Stay Safe.
@sp1187
Dont kill yourself just because they approve OT.
sitting on a computer, listening to music LOUD, designing automotive tooling isn't killing myself. it's art and puzzles all at the same time.
I'll play my guitar for a song or two while waiting for files to save. I get up and and check the tank and then take the "kids" out every other hour or so. throw the ball. let them run around.
now if I were to join them in the running around THAT would kill me. ;)
the kids
IMG_3787.jpg
IMG_3788.jpg

ReefRxSWFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. Going down to my boat today to get it ready for the season. Yesterday I went there and put in 3 batteries and started the engines. My wife came to take stock of what we have to bring there to stock it for the season. To start we need a case of wine. :cool:

Good thing the gas is still filled from last year because we can still get gas here in New York but regular boat gas at the marina is $4.00 a gallon and the boat gets less than 2 miles a gallon and burns 22 gallons an hour. :rolleyes:

But you can't complain about boat expenses because no one really needs a boat. :)

It's not like a reef tank which is a necessity. :D

I find a boat as a necessity as well. Its just more challenging than keeping a reef tank.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all. Plugging along on the new tank. Meeting with my chair for my committee this afternoon. Sometimes I feel like I’m not doing enough, then I see all the things I’m doing and think I’m doing too much. ;Hilarious At least I’m having a blast with it!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 149 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back