Good Morning!

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2005 Volvo V70 2.5T with a built 2.3 swap. The 2.5s have very weak rods lol. The 2.5 only has 150k miles, but it is now in the garage and will be built soon to replace the other built 2.3 I have in my 850R.

First pic is day we got it. Second (only a month later lol) is after H&R springs/V70R struts and active suspension swap, LED lights conversion, motor swap, and some platidip on the wheels. The coil overs we had made, as we want to keep the active suspension. They just replace the spring but still allow height adjustment. We ordered 2 sets of front springs and 3 sets of rear springs. Just different rates, but not sure which will be best for the track at bowling green or the track in Atlanta. No need for actual full on coilovers with the active suspension and re-valved struts. We are aiming for 375-400whp and 450-475 ft. lbs of torque at the wheels as anymore than that and I will have to replace the rear diff,center diff, and that is the edge of a/r efficiency for the new turbo lol. Motor currently is my old one one from my 850R and is capable of supporting a 1k hp with no issues. It currently has a 14T low pressure turbo on the stock ECM, but we went with a programable EMT ECM. That should be nice for the KKK K24 hybrid that is going to go on there. The wheels are just Pegasus look alikes for a V70R. Tires are Pirelli P ZERO TROFEO R and will only be used with the 18" Pegasus wheels on track days. He wants to roll the 16s for daily driving, as well as get either drag radials or pilot sports for some added grip. The really fun part will be this weekend when we carry it and dyno tune it. Well more fun when I am driving it after that lol.

And yes it is a Volvo Wagon. Turbo bricks are fun.

Volvo1.jpg

Volvo 2.jpg

Now that's not something you see every day!! Awesome man :) Bet that's a fun ride

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that's not something you see every day!! Awesome man :) Bet that's a fun ride
Always fun and is a double edge sword. You beat an exotic car at the track in a Volvo Wagon, it hurts more. You lose to an exotic car at the track, it's only a Volvo Wagon lol.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked up another 55g tank for free that had a broken top brace. Since I had a pair of frames to fit in my spare parts, yesterday evening’s project was to remove the old top and bottom frame, clean up the glass, and then reinstall the replacement frames. Although I didn’t remember to take pictures, everything went as planned.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Morning all. Off to Boston I go for a few hours and then fly back this afternoon. Uggghhhh, I hate same day round trip flights lol.

I know how exhausting that can be. Safe travels!!!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning, Remembering September 11
I have the day off waiting for fridg delivery. I should get something done on the tank, salt is mia so I will get some IO to start the cycle. the 75 is a mess......did I say I had the day off :rolleyes:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the day off waiting for fridg delivery. I should get something done on the tank, salt is mia so I will get some IO to start the cycle. the 75 is a mess......did I say I had the day off :rolleyes:
Wish I had the day off lol. Finally boarded the plane, but it’s packed lol. Bout time for a nap lol.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

That gives a whole new meaning to “salt creep”! I wonder where it wandered off to!?!

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And we are off. 2 hours from Nashville to Boston just seems excessive lol. Guess it’s better than driving. Really need me a teleporter.
I’d be like everyone From enterprise. Sure it looks intriguing, but send the fruit and other stuff first. I’ll go if I gotta lol. Mess up my atoms. Though it’d probably be a nice full body massage.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
One way is bad enough in a given day what says round trip.
I did that only twice but with company jet so at least no waiting in line and vehicle is waiting at smaller airport for my 15 minute drive home.

Back