Good Morning!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course another way to look at it is that you would’ve already been a mile down the road by the time the deer got anywhere near you if you hadn’t been slow down by the garbage truck!
I thought of that, but the deer would have come through a touch sooner if not for the roar of the garbage truck, so aha!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning.
Today the fish get stuck in a box and sent to me. This always makes me feel bad.

My philosophical question probably comes from spending far too many years in various boxes (e.g., classrooms), but I’m just trying to understand your concern. Your fish is going from a glass box into a shipping box so that it can come to another glass box at your house. What part of the fish being in a box makes you sad?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think outside the box.

Yes, we know and it is one of the things we all enjoy! :)

So true story - a few years ago I was in the office of a senior vice president at a large corporation for a discussion and he looks at me and says, “Sometimes you’re so far outside the box, you forget there’s a box!” I smiled and said “Thank you!” Based on the rest of the conversation I don’t think he meant it as a complement.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You wouldn't mind being snatched from where you are, stuck in a coffin in the dark and sent off somewhere while there is nothing to eat and it is too hot or cold.

That makes sense. There are essentially no 90 degree corners in nature for fishes or for us, so I wasn't sure what part of the shipping experience you were referring to being an issue. I will add that your pointed description did have some eerily familiar similarities to some of my experiences in the military.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The intellectual in me knows it will be fine if everything goes as planned. As a person with a lot of animals I am still empathetic to their plight.

I definitely understand and appreciate that tension. Please know that we are cheering for your fish!

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Husband and I are officially on a one-year plan for the tank. We whipped out our budgets and put our heads together to make it happen. But! We agreed we don't want to go into debt for it so it has to wait for that one year milestone when other things will be paid off, and our emergency fund is fully funded. I used to hate money talk but now I love it when I see it actually makes our dreams come true rather than faking it hoping to make it. (and failing) Have a great day, all! I'll be lurking the forums I am so scatterbrained trying to figure out what to read next.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning! Husband and I are officially on a one-year plan for the tank. We whipped out our budgets and put our heads together to make it happen. But! We agreed we don't want to go into debt for it so it has to wait for that one year milestone when other things will be paid off, and our emergency fund is fully funded. I used to hate money talk but now I love it when I see it actually makes our dreams come true rather than faking it hoping to make it. (and failing) Have a great day, all! I'll be lurking the forums I am so scatterbrained trying to figure out what to read next.

Don’t forget to bookmark posts that you find particularly helpful so you don’t have to try to find them again!!! :)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drive to Detroit and I will give you a 75 gallon tank, stand and sump but you have to clean it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back