Good Morning!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy Veterans Day! (Somehow that phrase almost seems wrong, but the sentiment is there)

Even "Happy Veterans Day" is better than not being recognized. If you know someone that is a veteran, a simple "thank you" means more than I can put into words.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Veterans Day! (Somehow that phrase almost seems wrong, but the sentiment is there)

The Phrase is correct. Veterans Day is for all people who served. And we can be happy.
Memorial Day is for all people who died in the service and that is not a HappyDay.

So Happy Veterans day and Welcome Home. :D

I just came back from I Hop and got my free breakfast. Later we are going out with other Veterans for a free dinner. :D

Last edited:

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Elks used to do a nice breakfast for us before they closed. Always enjoyed that. They were much more than just once a year folks if you know what I mean. VFW was nice too but been 30 years since close enough to one to go.

Happy Veterans Day and uggghh....Monday again and a real peach of a Monday at that.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone! Woke up to snowy streets and blowing wind. It's going to be a cold one this week. Arctic blast is calling for record breaking low temperatures
1573510335470.png

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Morning everyone! Woke up to snowy streets and blowing wind. It's going to be a cold one this week. Arctic blast is calling for record breaking low temperatures

I grew up in NY so I know what -16F feels like (which is precisely why I don't live there any more). For those of you who still live in that weather, please make sure that you, your family, and animals are safe!!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went to work today - the same place for over a decade - and no-one mentioned Veteran's Day either directly to me or in general. I don't make a big deal about my military background but it certainly is no secret. No surprise because this is par for the course, but it makes me thankful for my R2R family. As I said in a previous post, thank you for recognizing veterans and Veterans Day.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted something about Veterans day on 6 other forums and on half of them, not one member posted anything. Disappointing.

WE went to dinner tonight at a place that gives Veterans half price dinners. It was really nice and just as our check came this little girl about 9 years old comes to our table and hands me this card she just made that said: Thank you so much for keeping us safe, Happy Veterans Day.

I cried.

So many people just don't care or realize why they live in such a free country or even know what that means. Maybe they never traveled to countries where they are not free. Maybe no one ever taught them about D Day and about how many people died in a few hours so we could be free. Like tens of thousands. I don't think they teach it in schools any longer and I don't think they say the "Pledge of Allegiance" any more and if they do, I doubt many people know what that means.

Few people know how or why we respect the flag.

Red Skeletons Pledge of Allegiance. (If this is not allowed, Shoot me)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...84F1798263F46956772684F1798263F4695&FORM=VIRE

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning! Headed to the gym again before I get into the hard part of the day.

CatWeights.gif

Back