Good Morning!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone making cloth masks? Looks like I'm going to be working a lot. I'd like fabric with happy prints. I'd much rather support a member here before I go elsewhere.
Saw on this mornings news, womans bra's make great masks.

Although my thinking.... How would all that lace help anyone out as a mask.:rolleyes:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone making cloth masks? Looks like I'm going to be working a lot. I'd like fabric with happy prints. I'd much rather support a member here before I go elsewhere.
The Classics always Rock :p
1585744025933.png

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning. My tank overflowed a little because I replaced the plastic panel I have on the back of the tank to keep fish from jumping out there and when I put it back, It was resting on the float valve so the water didn't shut off.

Fresh water kept going in so now I could keep kissing gouramies and goldfish along with gorgonians. ;Bucktooth

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul B how bad is it?

Not bad at all. We need these "occurrences" occasionally to keep us interested and awake, If these things didn't happen, we would call this "Stamp Collecting".

All seems good and everything looks great today and on an added note, I think my Rainsford gobies are starting to spawn.

They normally stay on different ends of the tank, but looking through the back glass they appeared to be doing the Macarana. But it could have been the Hustle or Tango. I am not sure because Janis Joplin music doesn't lend itself to those dance moves.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I open the door to the LFS yesterday (where I work part time keeping three coral systems) and I get hit with a terrible smell. The coral display tank is white and the floors are wet. I suspect the end of the 2" drain line was incorrectly left facing the side or bottom of the sock tray preventing good flow and flooding the display. Two days of ATO refilling left no salinity. Yesterday was not a good day. Regretting not going in on Sunday to batten things down (as the store is closed on Monday). The owner changed out the socks before closing up...

So far, the fish seemed to have made it but ich could next. Guessing much of the zoas will survive, but all the stony stuff is gone. Had some very nice milli in there, basic acropora monti and a ton of LPS. No super high end stuff, just a ton of your everyday staple corals.

What's the quote about reefing? Like playing an infinite number of chess matches?

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, a good morning turn out to be a really bad morning. The company I worked for just let me go “ temporarily “ due to the coronavirus. Cutting off high salaries. Funny that I just trained someone on my position and I’m the one get fired. Better days will come !!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, a good morning turn out to be a really bad morning. The company I worked for just let me go “ temporarily “ due to the coronavirus. Cutting off high salaries. Funny that I just trained someone on my position and I’m the one get fired. Better days will come !!!

Wow! I'm truly sorry to hear this.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back