Good Morning!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I did gut wrenching at 4 am. Now it's time to caffeinate myself and take more pills. It's a heck of a life.
Hang in there My Friend!
Its the same way for me. Many meds daily ( 7 pills in the am and 9 every night ).Sometimes I think I should convert my SnapOn box into a giant pill caddy.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
40+ fish!!! Are you getting into breeding?

I've been breeding fish for a long time - mostly freshwater and local native SW fishes (about 100 species so far). I have only been minimally successful with breeding pipefish so I am working with them again to get a better understanding and improve my approach to creating a space for them to thrive. While I'm not expecting the pinfish to breed, this gives me the opportunity to observe and learn more about them rather than my normal experience of watching them as they nibble at my legs when I am strolling through the grass flats!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hand feeding the crab
I wonder how long before this comes back and pinches me
IMG_3578_HEIC-L.jpg

This guy knows exactly where his food comes from. If he sees me he comes up and hooks his legs over the side of the tank and waits.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been breeding fish for a long time - mostly freshwater and local native SW fishes (about 100 species so far). I have only been minimally successful with breeding pipefish so I am working with them again to get a better understanding and improve my approach to creating a space for them to thrive. While I'm not expecting the pinfish to breed, this gives me the opportunity to observe and learn more about them rather than my normal experience of watching them as they nibble at my legs when I am strolling through the grass flats!
Wow! If you ever feel like giving a tour to a fellow local reefer, please let me know! I used to work with lots of folks like you when I worked at the environmental center in Ga. but I have only been to Florida based Koi breeding ecofarms so far. Fascinating stuff.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning R2R!

Expecting weather today... severe thunderstorms. However, we will be unloading a ton of steel racking, off a flatbed truck in this weather... :oops:

Anyway, I’m definitely bringing a coat and a cap. o_O
Maroon 5 Rain GIF by NOW That's Music's Music
We got it all unloaded! Had to use a forklift to actually get it off the truck, then we had to use muscles to get it in the building.

Took a while, but he pushed through. (Even in the rain...) :)

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the raccoons i noticed in the attic of my garage Tuesday are gone. Tuesday afternoon i propped a long 2x4 from the floor up through the hatch of the attic and left one door up about a foot over night. She was as clever as i thought. probably carried them down the sloping board and off to a better place.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the raccoons i noticed in the attic of my garage Tuesday are gone. Tuesday afternoon i propped a long 2x4 from the floor up through the hatch of the attic and left one door up about a foot over night. She was as clever as i thought. probably carried them down the sloping board and off to a better place.
wonder if that would work for bats?:cool:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies.
a fine crisp morning.
clock out at 11:20am.
and the weekend begins.
lfs for a discounted chili coral.
Whole Foods for some product for some recipes I'm working on.
enjoy your day.
be safe.
do something nice for a complete stranger.:cool:

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Marning All!
Got very heavy rain yesterday afternoon and last night. Crystal clear and beautiful today. I guess I’ll find out just how good a job I did on sealing the greenhouse. I’m sure I’ll find SOME water in there this morning.
Heading out tomorrow morning for our overnight trip to Memphis so I’ve got to get all my weekend chores done today. It’s the price I have to pay for a one day break in my routine. Sometimes, I feel like I’m living out the movie “Groundhog Day”.
Hopefully, I’ll get some good pix to post up of Graceland.
Y’all have a great day and Stay Safe!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!
there is so much coming today Aqua SD: coral; Saltwateraquarium.com: tools, lights, food, pumps, stuff; Gardener's supply: mesh gaiters (tick protection). It is a beautiful day already!!!!
so much to do: acclimate corals, transfer lights, install lights, position sapling box, check on new eyeglasses, sort and store aquaria goods, enjoy it all. IMG_2504.jpeg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!
there is so much coming today Aqua SD: coral; Saltwateraquarium.com: tools, lights, food, pumps, stuff; Gardener's supply: mesh gaiters (tick protection). It is a beautiful day already!!!!
so much to do: acclimate corals, transfer lights, install lights, position sapling box, check on new eyeglasses, sort and store aquaria goods, enjoy it all. IMG_2504.jpeg
Sweet man! Do you have a thread to journal all the stuff coming in?

I’ll be busy today, so probably not a lot of tank work. ;Sorry

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet man! Do you have a thread to journal all the stuff coming in?

I’ll be busy today, so probably not a lot of tank work. ;Sorry
i track activity in the hobby on a spreadsheet. lol, fish, inverts, equipment, additions, settings, testing, expenses, each tank has its own sheets in the file. down side, i can look and see how lax i am about testing and maintenance.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live on the edge of a golf course and can't help seeing it as it is all I can see from the front of my house.
But I don't play golf. :rolleyes:
Golf: An endless series of tragedies, obscured by the occasional miracle.

Unfortunately in these parts, it is not a very wallet friendly activity. But it keeps me out of the house for a good spell, so my wife approves of the expense.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back