CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies.
looks like rain. yea!
it's knocked the 90's down to an acceptable 80's.
have a fun day doing what ever it is you do.:cool:
I never imagined it getting that hot in Michigan. Good thing about Florida is that we get the 90's but we also have coastal breezes. I'd hate to be in the 90's and land locked. That is one reason that I left Atlanta.
Global warming, huh?
Climate Change Reaction GIF

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good belated Morning!
was not having many cicadas in my yard. thought they were over, took my grandog for a walk, there are a huge number just a block or two toward the river. ill keep my tree protection in place for a while longer. IMG_2524 2.jpeg IMG_2609.jpeg
won't they just come up through the ground??

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my wife's co-worker took a new title and a pay increase but is now whining about he doesn't have time to get his work done, (while playing on his I-phone giggling like a little girl (my wife's description).
there was a meeting yesterday with him, his boss ( the wife's old boss and they don't like each other) my wife's boss and my wife.
it was decided she would have to help him, while still maintaining her own work load. him and his boss just sat there smirking the whole time. (again, my wife's description)
it was decided by me when she got home that after 27 years there she no longer needs to be there.
told her to put in for retirement. roll her pension into one of those self directed ira thingies.
and find a new job.
who's smirking now suckers. :cool:
Best Friends Love GIF by Target
Way to go for getting the gold star husband award. Congrats to the wife.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never took the test. At first I was grandfathered in but stopped riding after the crash for several years.
When I started again I took the motorcycle safety riders course. That is accepted here for your license test.
You also get an insurance discount usually. After the class you will have enough confidence to make short trips to a large local parking lot. Stay away from freeways and stop lights though. On the lot practice what you learned in the class on your bike. Counter steering, panic stops, brake control and shifting skills. I enjoyed the class greatly.
I hope they still have them
You do the class on school owned 125 and 250 class street legal bikes. There are lots of people that bought a Harley that never rode before and now don't know what to do with it. The dumb ones die.

I had a friend that bought a Triumph sport bike that was a skilled rider. He could not pass the course given by the state police. The turns were too sharp and he refused to drop the bike. I think he ended up taking the class like me.

Else you buy a used Honda Shadow 250 or a 200-300 cc dual sport and take it on that. They are very fun to ride except in heavy traffic where they are not fast enough.
so yesterday i signed up for the basic rider course put on in Troy, OH next to the Honda plant. they use 125's, unless you are buying a Honda, in which case they provide the model you are going to buy. the last time i took it , 20 years ago, one woman used a Shadow. I think i will be happy on the 125. like you say, in Ohio, the skills test at the course is accepted as the driving part for the endorsement. I just have to pass that.
today i took the written and got the temp permit; at the end of the month i will take the online eCourse portion of the safety course; then 19-22 July take the skills part.
my personal HD belonged to my wife and still has her SHRYL tag. the other bike i had while i was trying to learn was a Suzuki 550 that i bought from the side of the road. it was inexpensive to buy because the owner had been running it through the back field and all the crop dust piling up on the engine and a little overflow from the carbs created a little campfire so some stuff had to be replaced. it was a fun project bike.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss riding but that is something I will never do again. The drugs have helped greatly but I don't even walk perfect all the time.

Be careful and never go faster than you can see down the road. What I loved about the sport bikes was you could out accelerate and out stop other vehicles. Except in really heavy traffic you can drive in a way other drivers simply cant get close to you. So If I didn't screw up I was safe. There is very little city driving in West Virginia.

The Valkyrie was a very nice bike and quick. But it was not fast because it seemed to be geared for 55 MPH. It only had 5 speeds. I got tailgated by a Mustang GT driver I embarrassed at a stoplight down a 4 lane highway. He was following close at 110. All I could see in the mirrors was grill. It scared me good.

So I traded it for the CBR1100xx. Once I got used to it I was in love. It would get to 150 very fast and then a bit more if you held it. There aren't many straight roads around here clean enough to do that very often though. You have to watch way down the road for stuff going that fast. There are few cars in West Virginia that could outrun it. I never met one on the road. It would cruise at 95 on the interstate all day and you were a tiny radar target.

With the ZX1400 I graduated from crotch rocket to crotch starship. But it was a mistake and I got rid of it pretty quick. Very big heavy bike. Which is good at 170 but you don't do that very often.
So I decided to act my age and got the Victory.

LOL I don't drive much anymore and I hardly go the speed limit. The bikes killed cars for me. Once you have been 150 or faster on a bike tucked into the wind there isn't much you can do in a car that is exciting. So I got pickup trucks so I could haul stuff.

Last edited:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ba228b99-94da-4c8b-b3fd-ff503c2ba90f-jpeg.2211013

iu

Ich was covered in fishkeeping 100 your first year. Perhaps you should go back and read your notes.

Is it really a reef tank if you kill everything that happens to show up in your tank on your sterile dead rocks with the 2 corals and 3 fish in it? That have ich again.

OO those nasty spaghetti worms. I dipped the coral in gasoline and scrubbed it with a wire brush. Makes my skin crawl to think of them.

QT or everything will die. I have killed fish over and over again, so listen to me.

So many people with no clue what this is all about. I used to try and give them one but I cant look at it anymore.
I did my time.
2021040409280226--2061636258195299518-IMG_3484-edited-M.jpg

I am apparently entering the "GET OFF MY PORCH" phase of my life.

Last edited:

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my wife's co-worker took a new title and a pay increase but is now whining about he doesn't have time to get his work done, (while playing on his I-phone giggling like a little girl (my wife's description).
there was a meeting yesterday with him, his boss ( the wife's old boss and they don't like each other) my wife's boss and my wife.
it was decided she would have to help him, while still maintaining her own work load. him and his boss just sat there smirking the whole time. (again, my wife's description)
it was decided by me when she got home that after 27 years there she no longer needs to be there.
told her to put in for retirement. roll her pension into one of those self directed ira thingies.
and find a new job.
who's smirking now suckers. :cool:
Good for you (and her)! I can completely relate. I was assigned to be a "mentor" a year ago this month. My mentee is progressing, but still isn't productive. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day and you can't expect a new clueless person to understand a zillion regulations overnight. During this time, I was expected to carry my full workload plus become a mentor...and now a special project is being added to the mix.

Once everything is decided with my husband's "future," we will work on mine. I really would like to work for maybe 2-3 more years, but maybe not. One of my favorite coworkers has a good 20 years to go. I'm just glad I'm not facing THAT!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! It feels more like summer now....muggy, humid, thunderstorms. We keep the A/C on 68 downstairs. Yesterday, I had to run errands and enjoyed riding in the hot car. I go outside to warm up!

I'm off to race against the clock....work time! ;Joyful

beat the clock running GIF by andregola

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! It feels more like summer now....muggy, humid, thunderstorms. We keep the A/C on 68 downstairs. Yesterday, I had to run errands and enjoyed riding in the hot car. I go outside to warm up!

beat the clock running GIF by andregola
what's "AC"? ;)

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mornin’ Ned (and everyone else)!
Nother dreary, rainy day here today. The grass isn’t going to cut itself but I can’t do anything about it when it’s wet.
I think our carpeting has one more shampooing left in it before it completely deteriorates so I might do that today. It needs to be replaced but we were waiting till we got the rest of the paving done first. Should have replaced it before we moved in five years ago.
Going back to the Dr today and hopefully, I’ll get the go ahead do do some physical chores. Sitting around watching YouTube videos all day is not acceptable, ALTHOUGH, I did learn the proper way to prune a young Japanese Maple. We planted one two years ago and it’s starting to look like a bush. Everything I’ve read says to wait till it matures a few more years. It looks STOOOOPID but I guess it’s going to stay that way.

Anyhoo!
Hope Y’all have a great day today.
Stay Safe & Salty! ;)

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning.

it’s a coffee and feed the pup kinda morning. Training with a new client today. Not much to do other than hangout and be bored lol. Oh well, co worker who’s training me is cool. My better half leaves with the kiddo Saturday for vacation next week. I can’t afford to go as I don’t have enough PTO. And my company doesn’t do vacation days. Not sure what I’m going to do without them in the house for a week. Oh well, it’ll be fine

F0EC67E0-E7E3-4B7C-9C50-1D338A667DDA.jpeg

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OO those nasty spaghetti worms. I dipped the coral in gasoline and scrubbed it with a wire brush. Makes my skin crawl to think of them.
You know that I believe in you NED but worms, eels, snakes .... nope nope nope..... just can't. I draw the line at lizards.
I can completely relate. I was assigned to be a "mentor" a year ago this month.
Honey, I know. It CAN be rewarding. One of mine currently is an alcoholic. Training this person is like Groundhog Day.
With you there ... holding for customer service, then conference call, then client meeting, training a new mentee and resetting an entire store display. Tonight is going to be a hot bath, extra ice and a whole pain pill for sure. Gotta do it though. Like Mike said .... you only die once.
what's "AC"? ;)
It's why it is as hot in Michigan as it is in Florida.
Going back to the Dr today and hopefully, I’ll get the go ahead do do some physical chores.
Hope that it helps. A good Doc is worth everything. Pulling for you!!
Not sure what I’m going to do without them in the house for a week
REEF!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back