Good Morning!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! It feels more like summer now....muggy, humid, thunderstorms. We keep the A/C on 68 downstairs. Yesterday, I had to run errands and enjoyed riding in the hot car. I go outside to warm up!

I'm off to race against the clock....work time! ;Joyful

beat the clock running GIF by andregola
I keep the temp 75-77 for the benefit of the aquariums. my son is visiting, he reset the thermostat to 67-74. i mentioned it to him, he told his brother i had it set that way because i was a tightwad and he adjusted it to 'help'.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep the temp 75-77 for the benefit of the aquariums. my son is visiting, he reset the thermostat to 67-74. i mentioned it to him, he told his brother i had it set that way because i was a tightwad and he adjusted it to 'help'.
tightwad...... apparently has no clue to the cost of reefing. :cool:

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of the families houses when I was a kid had AC including ours. Several had whole house fans which are kind of cool things when you are a kid. If you stood in the right place there was a strong wind.
I liked window fans! they are great to talk or sing into.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! We used to have an attic fan in one of our other houses. That thing was amazing, especially after a summer thunderstorm. Crack the windows and turn that thing on....whole house would cool down within minutes.

Two more days of work and then a whole week off! It won't be a restful week....heading back to Nashville to help the kids after the new baby. I imagine I'll mostly be chasing the 2-year-old. I'm sure cardio will be involved. I am most definitely looking forward to the week off work!

Husband and other kids will be in charge of the tanks. Daughter-in-law is pretty responsible....son and husband, not so much. There will be another 2-year-old staying here while I'm chasing the other 2-year-old. Should be an adventure!

Have a great day! ;Joyful

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning folks,
Dawn lights on DT coming on, considering amount of time to set up a temporary 30 gal for my harassed CBB before we leave for working wkend, gotta make time today to see a chiropractor for my numb foot, did I mention that pile of ironing needs attention again...

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. It rained so hard last night water came in the front basement foundation. It made a puddle in the hallway to the garage and some damp places on the paneling/ baseboards. Hopefully I wont have to unfinish the basement.
After exercising 3 days I woke up with a giant cramp in my right hip and butt at 3am. No pain no gain. I think I will go get some potassium to take today. I don't think fishguy ever sleeps either. Perhaps a rest day is in order.

Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning R2R people! Looks like we'll have a reasonable day in NJ...temp will only reach 78 today.

Good morning. My morning ritual now while drinking my coffee is to watch the ducks on my pool cover. This morning was just the one, but usually there is 3 of them 1F, 2M.

Set up the duck blind; scare them off; leave the dog in the pool area.......once they nest, you won't get rid of them, and the pool now becomes theirs! Most years we have a similar problem, as I scare them off and watch them pool hop to the next pool down the block.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

another grey day with the promise of rain. I’ll take it though. Especially if August ends up being super dry again this year.
Another day of training is at hand. So I’ll be hanging out for 8 hours. Coffee with the pup as usual right now. Then off to work.

have a good one everybody!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my morning beach walk I noticed something at the surf.

1623324668699.png

1623324175717.png

I thought it was two octopuses wrestling, but I was wrong and we don't get many octopus here on Long Island and if we do, they get along and don't fight.

On closer inspection I noticed they were Horse shoe crabs. A common sight here.

1623324302237.png

They were up side down just relaxing in the morning sun. They must have forgotten that in an hour it was going to be 90 degrees and they would turn into crab cakes which sea gulls love.

Normally horseshoe crabs can turn over but on this rocky shore they were having trouble so I helped them and put them back in the sea.

Then as I walked I noticed why they came out of the water. I stumbled upon their favorite food which horse shoe crabs would do anything for.

1623324550694.png

Back