Good Morning!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 hour day yesterday --- and I'm doing ok - eh. Steroids are the wonder drugs. Hubby is worried that I'll get a false sense of confidence and do more damage. He may be right. I guess I'll never learn. Got another marathon today.

The front fountain is still full of tadpoles. Birdfeeders are full of squirrels. Birds and bunnies are eating the peanuts out of the grass. Nothing is as it should be but it's exactly how it needs to be, I guess.

We're almost to the weekend - counting our blessings....

@Wen be careful with that numb leg ... we don't need you going overboard!

@ReefGrammie slip a little Bailey's in that coffee, no one will notice. LOL ENJOY!

Good Morning GIF

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning All!
Rain, rain and more rain. The grass is somewhere between ankle and knee tall which means that even a short walk across it will result in legs covered in ticks! YUCK!
Hopefully, I can get most of it whacked down this weekend.
Angela comes home tonite from NOLA ( that’s New Orleans ) and works from home tomorrow. There is a huge flea market in Dickson every Saturday and I want to go and find some “vintage” goodies to create garden “accoutrements” out of.
Getting closer to July 1st. That’s when every untrained “yahoo” will be allowed to carry a gun without a permit here in TN. I’m pro gun BUT feel that people who are going to carry, should have at least SOME training.
Sitting here watching Toby the Goby construct a sand mountain. My turkey blaster has seen a lot of action re scraping my sand bed since I got that guy but I wouldn’t trade him for anything. Tons of personality.
Have a great day everyone!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning R2R people! Looks like we'll have a reasonable day in NJ...temp will only reach 78 today.

Set up the duck blind; scare them off; leave the dog in the pool area.......once they nest, you won't get rid of them, and the pool now becomes theirs! Most years we have a similar problem, as I scare them off and watch them pool hop to the next pool down the block.
I like the ducks! They have been coming for 4 years now. They eat up spilled bird seeds under the feeders. If it has rained and there is water on the pool cover they go in it, just on the cover never inside the pool. Pool cover is always closed unless we are in it. And it is a saltwater pool so I don’t know if they would go in if it was left open. Otherwise they don’t bother it. They come in the morning stay for a little while then leave till the next morning. The geese, on the other hand do get chased away! They make a mess!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 3 of these yellow and black fish at Petco. They are called Endlers. I had never heard of them before. All 3 are male. I put them in the feeder guppy tank.
IMG_3680_HEIC-L.jpg

Endlers are native to Paria Peninsula, Venezuela. They inhabit freshwater lagoons and connected streams within the country, huge populations occur in the Campoma and Buena Vista lagoons, Carúpano in north-eastern Venezuela.
Endlers or Endler’s livebearers are a diminutive and colorful fish species that are popular in the hobby and ideal for tropical tanks. Interestingly, Endlers bear a striking resemblance with the Common guppy and some enthusiasts argue that both are the same species, however, this is not true.
IMG_3678-L.jpg

and now I have a fancy female who must be one of their offspring. I have only seen one though I haven't looked real hard.
I have an empty 20L in the fish room with a stand I made.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my morning beach walk I noticed something at the surf.

1623324668699.png

1623324175717.png

I thought it was two octopuses wrestling, but I was wrong and we don't get many octopus here on Long Island and if we do, they get along and don't fight.

On closer inspection I noticed they were Horse shoe crabs. A common sight here.

1623324302237.png

They were up side down just relaxing in the morning sun. They must have forgotten that in an hour it was going to be 90 degrees and they would turn into crab cakes which sea gulls love.

Normally horseshoe crabs can turn over but on this rocky shore they were having trouble so I helped them and put them back in the sea.

Then as I walked I noticed why they came out of the water. I stumbled upon their favorite food which horse shoe crabs would do anything for.

1623324550694.png
Glad you helped them!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you helped them!
MrsBugmaster, I always help out my crab friends and have saved countless horseshoe crabs in this way. I know they have been here for millions of years before Nancy Pelosi was born but I think even if they had thumbs they would still do lousy on standard "true and false" tests. I mean, there is an entire ocean out there but they insist on crawling up to the surf where they know a wave will turn them up side down on the sand and I am not always going to walk on that beach just at the right time to rescue them. I realize they need to spawn but get a room.

Last week I also saved a bright yellow box turtle who was calmly walking across the street. These guys are also endangered and I think the reason why is that they think they would make excellent speed bumps. But they fail miserably at that. :confused:

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I (we) rescue turtles and snakes out of the road almost on a daily basis here. I hate to see them in the road because they will mostly meet their demise. The only time we won’t stop is if there is a chance of getting rear ended.
Right now, here in TN, the Armadillos are rutting and the roadways are littered with them. Breaks my heart. I wish they ran just a little faster.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did the armadillo cross the road?

There was a sexy looking rock on the other side.

Is this funny? I always heard they were really stupid but I have never been around them.
Here it's possums that dont make it across.

Last edited:

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We see the opossums get it here also. Different critters at different times of year. When it’s their time to reproduce and the males are chasing ( in slow motion as far as the Armadillos go) the females, that’s when the “road kill” crews are out in full force. T.D.O.T. Sends out the crews to clean up the messes all the time. Especially when the deer are rutting.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WE also have wood chucks which are just as stupid as turtles. Rabbits I hardly ever see squashed so maybe they should teach turtles and woodchucks how to cross.

We also never see dead aardvarks. :cool:

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CANCUN CAUCHAN)UPCBA)SufgBWE{)UFgDPSY(FgPYF*gAYgf9yfiyVAYSFIYSVF9yASFPY(AYFgYAF9bASIFcb(AUSFg9af9yisbfybaisfb9ayvfafafgoyeskefgskfgsuyuigdhidfdfhjhsfkhjgfshfsdjhkfjskhsdfhfsdhfksdhjfsdkjfhdskjhfdskhjdfshksfdhsdfjjdsfjjhkfsdkfdfdskhjfdshkjdkshdfhjsdkjkhsfdjkhsfjhksdfjkhsdfkjsdfjhsfdjdfjfsdjhksdfjdhsjhdskfjhdfsjfkdjshdkjhsdfjkhsfjhsdfkjhksdfjhfsdjhfsdjhdfsjhdfsjhksfdjhsdfdfsjdshfigsfyafaigoafaogaofagafag cahfv shjdvYKScvEUdbvISE ugsfisviSVE

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CANCUN CAUCHAN)UPCBA)SufgBWE{)UFgDPSY(FgPYF*gAYgf9yfiyVAYSFIYSVF9yASFPY(AYFgYAF9bASIFcb(AUSFg9af9yisbfybaisfb9ayvfafafgoyeskefgskfgsuyuigdhidfdfhjhsfkhjgfshfsdjhkfjskhsdfhfsdhfksdhjfsdkjfhdskjhfdskhjdfshksfdhsdfjjdsfjjhkfsdkfdfdskhjfdshkjdkshdfhjsdkjkhsfdjkhsfjhksdfjkhsdfkjsdfjhsfdjdfjfsdjhksdfjdhsjhdskfjhdfsjfkdjshdkjhsdfjkhsfjhsdfkjhksdfjhfsdjhfsdjhdfsjhdfsjhksfdjhsdfdfsjdshfigsfyafaigoafaogaofagafag cahfv shjdvYKScvEUdbvISE ugsfisviSVE
Question What GIF by 1 Play Sports

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spill something on our keyboard did we? :p

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Why do cow milking stools only have three legs?
- Because the cow has the udder!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow guys ... been a long day ... came home butt kicked tired and achy. I popped on to see what you guys had been doing all day and you just made my heart happy with humor. Thanks so much. Keep giggling ....

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what’s so great about this community. So many gems of people who all share a passion for this incredible hobby. And all of us here for eachother
and everytime I see your dog, I smile..... LOL

Back