goodbye Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've downgraded all of my QD pumps back to the old firmware. It was just an imposition to have to disconnect the pumps from the power every day so that they syncronize again. As no firmware update is expected from Ecoptech in the near future, the pumps have been banned from Mobius! Now they work properly again, the various programs can now be changed again without any problems. I am happy now

I hope that at some point there will still be a possibility to get the G5 lamps to work under Ecosmartlive!

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear your Mobius experience.

I’m running 2 G5 xr30 lights, mp40, and Vectra m2 on Mobius without any issues. All equipment is plugged into my Apex but I control everything through Mobius app.

Did you contact EcoTech with your issues? I had an issue with the m2 pump and they immediately replaced.

shblink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting.. I've had the opposite experience with Mobius.

I used to use Ecosmart Live and it was a nightmare! I would have to unplug and replug the controller every single time I wanted to control my lights/pumps.

Now with Mobius, I haven't had to power cycle anything and it just works

OP
OP
Rando

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately I had no luck with the QD's and Mobius. This daily disconnection from the electricity was just annoying.And when I noticed that one of my QDs didn't work for about 1 week, although the driver indicated this, the decision was made.

OP
OP
Rando

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everything ecotech says about it .. disconnect from the power supply or initialize it again. in my case almost every day.now my QD's work perfectly.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, ecotechs answer to everything is disconnect power, reattach Bluetooth. They don’t even read reports when you write them. I sent them a report talking about how the scenes worked weird ( longer version was written to them) with the Vectra pumps. They replied with “reboot”. The problem was actually the feed timer delay and how it effects scenes.

It’s very frustrating when a tech support person just gives the standard BS answer and doesn’t listen to the customer.

FWIW, my MP pumps get reboot twice a day during feeding. My controller shuts off those sockets forcing the pumps to reboot all the time.

Not an ideal fix but you could set the pumps on a standard light timer to force a reboot daily.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, Mobius is the reason why I got rid of the G5’s and my six MP’s are all back on wxm. Try Mobius with 11 devices- makes you want to scream. Couldn’t be happier leaving radions and Mobius behind

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it that the my Ai app works flawlessly for me and everyone is having issues with mobius when isn’t it the same SW? Is it an issue with the wireless chips the they have been using? I would assume they would be the exact same? I have 3 prime 16’s and 2 Nero 5’s and in the year and couple months I have been using it has been a great experience. Sorry you guys are having such issues Eco needs to address that for sure

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back