OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a water change on the holding tank and the remaining fish and shrimp appear to be fine. I am still baffled about what might have happened. One of those reefing mysteries I guess.

This weekend I took a few hours and managed to get the apex setup. Kinda, there are a few outlets dedicated to equipment however I have not programmed them to do anything yet. I realize that shouldn’t have taken so long but I had a terrible time getting it connected to WiFi. Turns out it was my fault the entire time.

Other than that I’ll just keep waiting....
It’s only been two weeks since I added the water

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just now realized you started a build thread for this. It's awesome of you to take the time so all of us can continue our dreams of winning the tank lol. I'm glad you went at the scape one more time, the final looks great. Sorry for your losses, looking forward to seeing this move along. Especially excited to see what WWC sends you. That will be a fun day.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just now realized you started a build thread for this. It's awesome of you to take the time so all of us can continue our dreams of winning the tank lol. I'm glad you went at the scape one more time, the final looks great. Sorry for your losses, looking forward to seeing this move along. Especially excited to see what WWC sends you. That will be a fun day.
That’s for looking! It’s been a lot of fun so far for me. I’ve spent more than a few nights dreaming about what WWC might send. After waiting this cycle out that will be a great day.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dreaming about what WWC might send
Tank is moving along quite quickly. Given the holidays and all I would still be puttsing along. How did you deal with all that water? You have a mix station set up?

WWC going to send a suprise box (truck load) or are you going to pick out some? Sticks might be tough in a new system

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is moving along quite quickly. Given the holidays and all I would still be puttsing along. How did you deal with all that water? You have a mix station set up?

WWC going to send a suprise box (truck load) or are you going to pick out some? Sticks might be tough in a new system
I’ve got the ro/di unit under the kitchen sink and I ran a line to the tank to fill it. Then I mixed the salt in the tank. I’ve purchased everything to hook up the ATO directly to the ro/di. For now I’ll mix water in a brute can for water changes. This summer we’re planning an addition and I’ll have a water station in there.
The $5k in corals will be WWC choice. They said they can ship in up to 3 deliveries so I’m sure theyll start me out with hardier corals. I’m sure there will be plenty of sticks though that’s why I’m going to wait out the 4 month cycle. Give everything the best chance I can.

Last edited:

Hybrid Ken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may sound dumb but I’ve never had something shipped this big. Did the delivery truck have a pallet jack? I’m hoping to set the tank in the garage until I can get the stand together and gather enough friends.
Not sure if they have the stuff to unload it varies between shippers. I would however try to inspect inside for damage before they walk away.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been almost 6 weeks since I started the cycle so I decided to transfer my clownfish and royal gramma into their new home. Other than that I’m just trying to figure out the Apex. I need to take a day off and get some guidance on programming.

DesertReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been almost 6 weeks since I started the cycle so I decided to transfer my clownfish and royal gramma into their new home. Other than that I’m just trying to figure out the Apex. I need to take a day off and get some guidance on programming.
BRS has a good video on programming basics. There are also some apex wizards on here that would be more then willing to help!!!

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to figure out the Apex. It took a few tries to get the radions attached via the wxm but I figured it out. I also learned about virtual outlets recently. Being a reef keeper user for many years I am really impressed with the Apex.
I picked up a couple more MP40’s. The octo pulse 4 wave makers did the job and moved a lot of water. The only reason I took them out was for aesthetics. I really just wanted all the pumps to match.
Currently I am deciding between using two part with the dos or setting up the calcium reactor. The only negative of the CaRx is the cost to purchase the remaining equipment to get it going.
Another decision I’m trying to decide on is the ATO. I will be using the tunze osmolator and planned on connecting it directly to the ro/di using the tunze solenoid valve. My tank is evaporating 2-3 gallons a day right now so that would be great not having to refill a ATO. However, I do like using sauturared kalkwasser for ATO for the ph benefits.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4FE7739E-C09C-4932-8B25-E413CA710AA3.jpeg

First new fish! Lyretail anthias

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back