OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations!! This is a build thread I can't wait to follow. Do you think you'll go dominant on sps, lps or will you shoot for a nice mix reef? Do you get to pick your corals from WWC or are they predetermined?? Either way I can't wait to see how this comes together.;Drool

Thanks! I’m gonna wait and see what WWC sends. They’ll select the coral and I’m sure they’ll hook me up. I’m thinking a sps dominated mixed reef at this point.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may sound dumb but I’ve never had something shipped this big. Did the delivery truck have a pallet jack? I’m hoping to set the tank in the garage until I can get the stand together and gather enough friends.

OK here is the low down on delivery...

fully inspect tank its boxed really good. so if not damage to box I would say your good. BUT if you can have a screw gun on hand and at least open to the top to see in. sigh ticket pending inspection I hear that helps not sure it will hold up in a legal battle tho..

the truck should have a lift gate and pallet jack...if you live in an area where they can back in and wheal it on to your garage you are one lucky guy. mine got drop off in long drive way...we had to slide it up hill to the house.

you will have to take the box apart the sump, ATO res, plumping & hardware are inside the tank. the side are around the tank. the door should be on top outside of the box.
however the top and bottom are under the tank. if you want to get the stand going you will have to move the tank off the pallet. I suggest setting it on a few 2x4 so you can pick it back up when the time comes. (don't use ones with nails or screws tho)
also be mindful of the bulk heads on the bottom of overflow.

if you ordered white it will come with an extra front bottom piece dont freak out if you have parts left over. also the inside of the stand is black on the white models...just FYI the instructions are just OK the part are not labeled so you have to take some time when you start but about half way through it starts do go alot faster.

hope that helps mine is still on the living room floor its been about a week since I got mine...

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK here is the low down on delivery...

fully inspect tank its boxed really good. so if not damage to box I would say your good. BUT if you can have a screw gun on hand and at least open to the top to see in. sigh ticket pending inspection I hear that helps not sure it will hold up in a legal battle tho..

the truck should have a lift gate and pallet jack...if you live in an area where they can back in and wheal it on to your garage you are one lucky guy. mine got drop off in long drive way...we had to slide it up hill to the house.

you will have to take the box apart the sump, ATO res, plumping & hardware are inside the tank. the side are around the tank. the door should be on top outside of the box.
however the top and bottom are under the tank. if you want to get the stand going you will have to move the tank off the pallet. I suggest setting it on a few 2x4 so you can pick it back up when the time comes. (don't use ones with nails or screws tho)
also be mindful of the bulk heads on the bottom of overflow.

if you ordered white it will come with an extra front bottom piece dont freak out if you have parts left over. also the inside of the stand is black on the white models...just FYI the instructions are just OK the part are not labeled so you have to take some time when you start but about half way through it starts do go alot faster.

hope that helps mine is still on the living room floor its been about a week since I got mine...
That’s exactly what I needed to know, thank you!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is how the tank will look when you get it...
3f32c77045dee89b18977dfdb861499e.jpg

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be rudebut why did you seem so unexcited when you won? :/

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 153 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back