Gorilla Super Glue Brush & Nozzle -- Any Users Out There?

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I was told by Gorilla Glue the following info about their glues: "We do not recommend using our super glues in fish tanks. They are water soluble and we cannot confirm that our adhesives are non toxic once they are cured." So, I'm a little hesitant to use this. Has anyone out there used this on frags that they put in their tank?

gorilla_super_glue_brush_nozzle_white_bg.jpg

Rilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used gorilla glue gel for years without issue.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any glue that is 100% cyanoacrylate is perfectly safe. MOST plumber epoxys are safe as well.

Dragon174

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried using the GG gel to attach a couple new frags to my rocks and it was a disaster. Nothing happened to the tank, but the frags wouldn't stick to the rocks and I almost glued my fingers together.

What is the secret to using this stuff to attach corals to your rocks in the tank?

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried using the GG gel to attach a couple new frags to my rocks and it was a disaster. Nothing happened to the tank, but the frags wouldn't stick to the rocks and I almost glued my fingers together.

What is the secret to using this stuff to attach corals to your rocks in the tank?

Use it in conjunction with a reef epoxy like HoldFast from Instant Ocean. Knead the epoxy and use the glue on the sides that will attach to the rock surfaces. The epoxy helps the glue conform to the shape and nooks of the rock surface.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t used that glue however I’m sure the brush is worthless. What will happen is as soon as it gets wet it will encrust and turn into a solid mess.

I much prefer a gel style CA adhesive over anything else. You can apply a glob and press and twist it to your rockwork. The gel stays where you put it.

Ideally you want something that you can change or cut the tip on till you run out of glue. Attaching frags to rockwork can be a very messy job.

Back