Got a free RODI system. Now what...

bigbugoutfitters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given a Marine depot Kleanwater 6 stage RODI system. He also gave me 5 gallon buckets of Brightwell Code A, Code B, etc but I will save my questions about that once I start to get my corals started.
I am just getting back into the hobby, currently have a 16 gallon biocube cycling that I will use as my QT tank. The display is a 60G AIO I am currently in the process of piecing together. So 76 gallons-ish total and 10% weekly changes will be say 10 gallons weekly with top offs.
My previous experience with RODI systems was just a RO buddy that I had in college attached to the basement sink for my 150 gallon system. Upon looking at the RODI system i noticed a few things right away:
-there is no attachment to a sink, but it looks like it would be easily plumbed with bits and pieces from BRS
- looks like 2 of the stages are empty, so i will need to replace atleast two of the filters
-this thing way more involved that my RO buddy, atleast from what I can tell.

Now my questions are the following:
-are any of the fittings or replacement pieces for this system going to be difficult to find seeing as MarineDepot is no more?
-i live in northwest montana, the water quality is awesome, is this RODI system overkill and should I try to trade it for something less substantial?

All help is greatly appreciated!

278395838_978867949493469_3652168091493805194_n.jpg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this exact system. Bought it cheap from MD when they were shutting down. The good thing is that Bulk Reef Supply bought Marine Depot and, while they don't carry this exact unit, they can troubleshoot it with you and let you know what replacement parts to buy. As far as I can tell though, everything on it is pretty standard. Should be pretty easy to set up :)

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parts are readily available form a lot of sources. The canisters a standard size and replacement filters are available in a wide range to suit your needs. Even you local hard ware store may have some of what you need.
That is a very nice setup, but if your water is good to start with you don’t have to use all the stages.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back