Got a Plague Need Guidance

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just starting an 18 hours work day myself.... Is it too soon for me to start drinking too? Lost the last Fairy wrasse sometime last night. The KwaZulu managed to find his way through the cover of his QT tank. Little bugger was doing great! After all the effort Im disgusted... Im actually glad I have 5 crap days of work ahead of me so I can get away from fish tanks.
I know how you feel . Ive lost a lot of fish qt so I quite. Ive lost 1 fish since from velvet. It was a bicolor angel. It came down with velvet shortly after I got it. Treated it right in the tank. I know use my 55 fowlr as a qt tank. Observation no issues into the reef tank they go.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost the last Fairy wrasse sometime last night. The KwaZulu managed to find his way through the cover of his QT tank. Little bugger was doing great!
Sorry @Scurvy :(

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just starting an 18 hours work day myself.... Is it too soon for me to start drinking too? Lost the last Fairy wrasse sometime last night. The KwaZulu managed to find his way through the cover of his QT tank. Little bugger was doing great! After all the effort Im disgusted... Im actually glad I have 5 crap days of work ahead of me so I can get away from fish tanks.

Dude... like many others, I'm so sorry you're having to go through all of this crap.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, man. That really sucks! I'm really sorry it didn't make it. ;Jawdrop

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remaining 7 fish all doing well. Haven’t spent much time with them lately but all doing well with no signs of relapse. Just counting days at this point and staying away to avoid frustration.

Dude... you've been through a nightmare on a roller coaster! Hats off for all you've done.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how's everything. I havnt seen an update
Lost the last wrasse (Radiant) to the floor last weekend. Otherwise the rest are doing fine. Still feeling mostly indifferent towards the tanks. They're running, I feed and top off but mostly ignore them.

No signs of velvet or any other issues at this point just waiting for something to get me excited again.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost the last wrasse (Radiant) to the floor last weekend. Otherwise the rest are doing fine. Still feeling mostly indifferent towards the tanks. They're running, I feed and top off but mostly ignore them.

No signs of velvet or any other issues at this point just waiting for something to get me excited again.
Getting ready to re-read this entire thread in hopes that I can learn some tips and tricks...:(

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to re-read this entire thread in hopes that I can learn some tips and tricks...:(
I hope something in here helps you! Tag the experts if you need help and stay calm. Those first few days were such a whirlwind for me and Im sure will be for you too.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we cleared 30 days in copper early last week. Starting to think about moving into a copperless QT. Can I simply pull the fish and move to the clean water or do I need to drop copper levels first?

Better to transfer to another tank without lowering the copper level, if you are able.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back