OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I didn’t read it well, I’m on Daddy duty so I’m not all here haha!

I wouldn’t worry about switching from one to the other, personally. They should handle it fine :)
Thats some good news that I honestly wasn't expecting to get, Thank you!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I didn’t read it well, I’m on Daddy duty so I’m not all here haha!

I wouldn’t worry about switching from one to the other, personally. They should handle it fine :)
Agree! No issues here!

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following along with heart aching. I've been in your situation and know the amount of work, worry, and aggravation you've been through trying to save a whole tankful of fish. In my case, I introduced velvet, brook & uronema with the addition of snails from Petco. You've been in good hands with the different Reefsquad members who have been supporting you through this mess. Just remember to quarantine any new CUC when you get situated again!

Good luck. We're all hanging in there with you, sending you our strength and well wishes through this difficult plague!

Last edited:

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So once I get to .50 I know I need to keep that level for 30 days and if it drops below I start the clock again. At that point am I out of the woods geenerally with the survivors so long as they keep eating and dont develop any infections or could they just randomly die?
What else am I looking for?

I feel like I failed on the Pin Tail and Anthias for not recognizing what was ultimately infection. May not have made a difference but if I knew what I was looking at they might've had a chance.

So sorry you going through this..Please don’t feel that way. You’ve done so much just by being prepared. I lost all my fish to Velvet last September . They didn’t stand a chance because I had no quarantine set up & no meds. We can only do our best and hopefully learn from our mistakes.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following along with heart aching. I've been in your situation and know the amount of work, worry, and aggravation you've been through trying to save a whole tankful of fish. In my case, I introduced velvet, brook & uronema with the addition of snails from Petco. You've been in good hands with the different Reefsquad members who have been supporting you through this mess. Just remember to quarantine any new CUC when you get situated again!

Good luck. We're all hanging in there with you, sending you our strength and well wishes through this difficult plague!
+1

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s one thing I never thought of, but makes perfect sense!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had mixed up extra water for the Rally bath so I figured id do a quick 5g water change to the tang tank. Over shot the cupramine dose by a wide margin so that went out the window. Maybe next time I’ll actually do some math. Guess ill need to order another 50 reagents too, these things go pretty quick.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any input on feeding the fallow display? What did you do while you were fallow? Does 1/4 of my usual daily buffet say twice per week sound like a good place to start or is that overdoing it?

I have dialed back my fuge light by 50% intensity and cut a couple of hours off both ends of the photo period so far.

I know I need to keep the bacteria and snail population going but also will want to keep pods and chaeto thriving in the fuge if possible.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any input on feeding the fallow display? What did you do while you were fallow? Does 1/4 of my usual daily buffet say twice per week sound like a good place to start or is that overdoing it?

I have dialed back my fuge light by 50% intensity and cut a couple of hours off both ends of the photo period so far.

I know I need to keep the bacteria and snail population going but also will want to keep pods and chaeto thriving in the fuge if possible.

I guess it depends on how much of a CUC you have in the fallow tank. I just added a small pinch of sinking algae pellets and carnivore pellets daily. I figured each snail or worm might eat one or two with a tiny pinch of smaller sized pellets for the worms. I also thought pellets might be cleaner than frozen cubes or flakes while I was fallow. I try to rotate foods so the fish get a variety of things to eat, so the CUC were used to pellets. The CUC seemed to do fine on this diet the whole time. Even the pods would come out to eat the pellets as soon as they smelled it in the water. Others here may have more suggestions too. This is just what I have done in the past with success.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it depends on how much of a CUC you have in the fallow tank. I just added a small pinch of sinking algae pellets and carnivore pellets daily. I figured each snail or worm might eat one or two with a tiny pinch of smaller sized pellets for the worms. I also thought pellets might be cleaner than frozen cubes or flakes while I was fallow. I try to rotate foods so the fish get a variety of things to eat, so the CUC were used to pellets. The CUC seemed to do fine on this diet the whole time. Even the pods would come out to eat the pellets as soon as they smelled it in the water. Others here may have more suggestions too. This is just what I have done in the past with success.
This is great, thx for the reply. I mix it up as well and generally feed 2 - 4 times a day depending on my schedule. I wont go that far while fallow but maybe I will do a daily feeding.

Keep the thoughts coming :)

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Be extremely careful doing this. I had a fallow period fail because of what we could only determine was frozen food keeping the life cycle going somehow. I had a BTA at the time and was feeding once a week with small chunks of frozen scallop and cod fillet. Otherwise, the tank was fallow for the (I think it's 30 days for velvet?), had no cross contamination, and the QT was in another room so no aerosol transmission.

I would dose straight NO3 or PO4, or use a pellet or flake food. I would not add anything fresh or frozen to the tank.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back