Got a Plague Need Guidance

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, based in earlier discussion that was my thought but wanted confirmation.

No CP yet, nobody in either LFS had a clue what I was asking for. I will need to order it. That was the last 14 days for him if I remember correctly?

One guy pretty much told me I was stupid for trusting a forum over him. I pointed at his obviously sick and dying fish and said thanks Ill pass on your advice. I don’t normally shop there but it’s the closest so i gave them a shot for the meds. They didn't have them.

You won't find it in a store. You'll need a vet script to get the stuff from diamondback drugs... that's where many of us were getting it since it was verified 99.5% purity. National Fish Pharmaceuticals has it now too... I don't know what the purity is, but I've gotten other medications from them in the past and they worked like they should. If you can't find a vet willing to write you a script, might give NFP a try.

I did the last 14 days for mine, it didn't have any symptoms through the whole ordeal. I would try to be prepared in case symptoms do crop up before, though. You can treat him whenever, just will need a fresh QT to transfer after, to avoid having to treat for 30-days. It's tough enough getting them through 14...

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse are very sensitive to ammonia, maybe the bath is starting to build up a little?
Not that I can really distinguish. Their normal stress colors make it hard to tell.
The flame hawk is in now. All thats left from there are the 2 damsels and mandarin.

The damsels look fine so I think I’ll just get them into QT and get my rock back in the tank.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I can really distinguish. Their normal stress colors make it hard to tell.
The flame hawk is in now. All thats left from there are the 2 damsels and mandarin.

The damsels look fine so I think I’ll just get them into QT and get my rock back in the tank.
They are probably fine, just stressing out... can be dramatic o_O. MB is pretty "safe" as far as medications go...

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, waiting on the wrasses
giphy.gif

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think just shock? 3 min FW and 5 in the MB. I cant imagine what else it could have been. Dipped a couple after them that are aeemingly fine.
/
It's hard to say... might have been shock from the freshwater dip, maybe a difference in PH or temp between the dip and the bath? Did they look any more infected than the others last night? May have had extensive gill damage that you wouldn't have been able to see, that could cause them to react to the MB like they did :(

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing outwardly visible. The PinTail had the worst coverage of the wrasse. Hes doing ok but not great. A little listless in the QT.
IDK. I got to move on I guess.

Going to test ammonia quickly in the QT tanks, see if theyll take any food and then start dosing the cupramine.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing outwardly visible. The PinTail had the worst coverage of the wrasse. Hes doing ok but not great. A little listless in the QT.
IDK. I got to move on I guess.

Going to test ammonia quickly in the QT tanks, see if theyll take any food and then start dosing the cupramine.
Did you set up more than one QT? I'm inclined to give the pintail a little more time to recover before starting copper if hes still kind of out of it...

@HotRocks @4FordFamily what do you think?

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you set up more than one QT? I'm inclined to give the pintail a little more time to recover before starting copper if hes still kind of out of it...

Three tanks so far. Mandarins in a 10g with a bunch of rock by himself

Two tangs, angel, Pin tail and Rose Band in one.

Radiant, KwaZulu, long nose, Anthias and damsels in the other.

God knows I have plenty else to work on while we wait on the copper.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back