Got LifeReef ??? Show us your LifeReef Sumps, Skimmers, and Anything else you may have by LifeReef.

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know when you spoke with him last, but his Signature Series comes in some pretty cool colors. Saw these on his website...
Signature Series Custom lg (1).jpg
DSCN2237.jpg
Oh I had not seen this, this may peak my interest again!

Desmo996

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met Jeff because I'd work with a relative of his and we had business in Denver. Even when we visited his house, I had no idea of what I was about to see. Long story short, I was happy to buy a complete setup from Jeff. He answered all my newbie questions and provided solid high-quality products. I started with the overflow box, then got a CLF2 sump, had him put a refugium on the side, which had to be a custom size to fit my cabinet. Then a month or so later I needed a box to hold my ATO water, which he custom built to fit the the cabinet right in front of the refugium.

Because my setup is in our living room, "we" needed super quite. So I bought Sicce pumps instead of the ones Jeff offered. That's also why you'll see some styrofoam in the pic. Trying to cut as much water flow sound as possible. That didn't work at all by the way. I did go to the local hardware store and bought some foam 1" pipe insulation, used for wrapping your air conditioner line that goes from your unit to the house (about $7.) Anyway, high density = better sound reduction. I used that on the water line out of the overflow box and into the sump. This made it quite enough for "her" to sit near the reef tank. Please understand, I'm NOT saying it's a loud system, "we" just needed it really quite. Now that I've been running this for a 8 months or so, I'm sure I could remove the insulation because the water flow sound is no longer a new sound, and isn't noticeable.

Anyway, here's a few pics of my setup.

Lifereef sump_2.JPG

Lifereef_Ovrflw.JPG

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my custom compact Berlin system squeezed into the stand for my 75g corner pentagon tank. Jeff does very nice work and is well worth waiting for, particularly if you have an odd sized stand and need to maximize the space. Since this photo, I have taken down the tank (11 years of water damage to stand) and am having the stand rebuilt in wood-skinned metal. Delivery in a week.

FTS_Lifereef.jpg

lifereef_in_stand.jpg

OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this photo, I have taken down the tank (11 years of water damage to stand) and am having the stand rebuilt in wood-skinned metal. Delivery in a week.

Nice ! Jeff does do great work.
What size tank do you have ?
And who makes wood skinned metal stands ?
I might be interested in getting a stand like that too.

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 75 g (24 x 24 x 30). I got it in 2006 and had the stand custom made by a guy who is no longer around. Although I really like the look of the stand, he apparently made it with a combination of oak boards and oak-skinned MDF. No surprise, the MDF soaked up the inevitable spills over the years and has started to disintegrate. You can see a support board I added behind the skimmer in the 2nd picture.

The wood skinned metal stand is from Willie at Ocean Marine Sales in Covina. I was concerned about reducing the available space inside the stand so he made it from powder coated angle iron instead of tubing and the skin will be a one piece unit (with door) that can be slid in or out for easy access. This also allows the stand to have leveling feet which is useful. If the skin were fixed to the stand, the levelers would not work as easily.

Bruce

20170315_171756.jpg

OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wood skinned metal stand is from Willie at Ocean Marine Sales in Covina. I was concerned about reducing the available space inside the stand so he made it from powder coated angle iron instead of tubing and the skin will be a one piece unit (with door) that can be slid in or out for easy access. This also allows the stand to have leveling feet which is useful. If the skin were fixed to the stand, the levelers would not work as easily.

Cool ! Thanks for the info ! Please post pics when you get the finished stand back. Would love to see it.

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will. Probably going to start a "rebuild" thread when the stand arrives.

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd show off my new lifereef system for my SCA 50. It's been up and running for about a month and I couldn't be happier, the fit and finish of his products are second to none. During the build process Jeff was exceedingly helpful and he convinced me to run no doors on the stand allowing me to fit a larger sump (21"x21"), which I am very glad he did. My media reactors should be shipping this week which will complete my build. For reference I'm running a mag 12 on the skimmer (Flanged 24" model) and a Jebao 8000 for the return.
3dc46f010c0400b4f1639e3d1a18e8c4.jpg
c82ac7210fb35a5bce84350db2b5a608.jpg
0fefecb530a736a7f3ba741cba960ffb.jpg

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd show off my new lifereef system for my SCA 50. It's been up and running for about a month and I couldn't be happier, the fit and finish of his products are second to none. During the build process Jeff was exceedingly helpful and he convinced me to run no doors on the stand allowing me to fit a larger sump (21"x21"), which I am very glad he did. My media reactors should be shipping this week which will complete my build. For reference I'm running a mag 12 on the skimmer (Flanged 24" model) and a Jebao 8000 for the return.

Very nice!
What reactor are you using? It's just temporary?

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!
What reactor are you using? It's just temporary?

Ya he builds media/bio reactors, skimmers, calcium reactors etc in mass runs a few times per year. Until my lifereef ones arrive I have been using a phosban which serves the purpose just fine for a little bit of carbon & phosguard. It just doesn't look as nice a my green life reef reactors will haha

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya he builds media/bio reactors, skimmers, calcium reactors etc in mass runs a few times per year. Until my lifereef ones arrive I have been using a phosban which serves the purpose just fine for a little bit of carbon & phosguard. It just doesn't look as nice a my green life reef reactors will haha
haha yup, the new ones will look good.
I'm VERY familiar with Jeff and his products. ;)

i-Z9PqKPL-XL.jpg

And I'm up on this week's build list again. :)

Seyoz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Fishroom was Top Notch, The Beginning post beautiful. But the Corner tank would have did slightly different, but don't wanna talk about details.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back