Got me a few new tangs coming this week. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered me an Achilles, Powder Blue and Convict that is coming this week. I am stoked about the Achilles. I went with Live Aquaria since they are a sponsor oh and they offer a 14 day stay alive guarantee which is important with the Achilles and PBT. :D

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Glad to see you went with the achielles! It will be awesome! I would love to have one, alas , I cannot........ Be sure to post pics so I can day dream about him. Lol!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what tank are you putting these beasts in???? last time i saw you were selling the 240 no??????? you did the right thing by adding them at the same time but your still gonna get problems down the road thou i think between the powder blue and the achillies they are the 2 of the most aggressive tangs out there.... my achillies beat up every fish in my tank after a month and that lasted for about 4 months and then he stressed him self so bad got ich and went to better place.....:( but him and my blue hippos would fight all day long....dang it!!!!!!!!!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats. The Achilles is an ich magnet, so keep we'll keep our fingers crossed that your's stays healthy, or anybody's for that matter. They are gorgeous fish for sure, and I've had the pleasure of keeping one for a while, but I sold him so he could have a bigger tank and is much healthier now.

As for the Convict, they are cool fish as well, as I've had two of them in the past. Very active and fun fish to watch. Great selection Rev.

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id be very scared adding a PB with Achillies..

adding them the same time does increase there chances though...

Gl..Keep us updated

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow , I saw the Achilles they had in DD . Very nice!!!!!
Can't wait to see some pics.

Mantis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice pick up Rev... I heard the PBT are one of the hardest to keep for a long time period of time. Post some pics, when you get them.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 times i've attempted an achilles from highly regarded sources. each time they died in the 4th week. :(

good luck - i hope you have better luck than i do.

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
run UV, feed rods and garlic soaked nori for the first few weeks daily and slowly (dont just drop and run).

rubberband nori to a rock too, that will help draw the achilles into it and focus on it.

[video=youtube;Mce09VCa70I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mce09VCa70I[/video]

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks gang. Yes the Achilles is going in my 250. Also the achilles from LA is considered Juvenile. I hope this helps as well.

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well If all else fails Rev, and you need to seperate the PB and the achielles, I will take the achielle, trade you for my Regal and yellow, and you can send the PB to Susans tank! I am quite sure he would love it there! LOL:xd:

zigzag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice...absolutley my favorite (ach tang). Good luck to you sir. I have seen them get along well with other tangs and fight like the dickens..plz post some pics!

Zig

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main problem here is that you are introducing two acanthurus tangs to the same tank. Aside from that, they are also similar in body shape.
This will lead to aggression issues down the road, especially considering that doing the same with even the most peaceful of tangs will do so without fail.

These are two of the most aggressive tangs in the hobby to begin with. I am interested to know how big your tank is, and to see how this works out.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main problem here is that you are introducing two acanthurus tangs to the same tank. Aside from that, they are also similar in body shape.
This will lead to aggression issues down the road, especially considering that doing the same with even the most peaceful of tangs will do so without fail.

These are two of the most aggressive tangs in the hobby to begin with. I am interested to know how big your tank is, and to see how this works out.

it could! lead to it, but will it? no one knows. every fish is different!
there is many many tanks post that have both of those fish in them!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

• I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back