Got my stand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

j000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use magnets or double sided tape and silicone for permanent ones. Velcro is too strong believe it or not haha..
Will going this route be loud if I place sump, skimmer, filter roller, & pumps in there? I’d probably want to run my controller board in there as well

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep… little Neo magnets would work fine.. the material is fairly lite it’s just pvc with a super thin aluminum layer front and back.. I have pallets of it and use it all the time.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will going this route be loud if I place sump, skimmer, filter roller, & pumps in there? I’d probably want to run my controller board in there as well
Should cut the noise down… if that’s what you mean..

j000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should cut the noise down… if that’s what you mean..
Well yeah of course, but I should have worded that better so my Apologies.

opposed to people running wood stands is going the aluminum stand/removable covers route much louder? I’ll have this display tank in a spare living room but I just wonder how quiet or loud it will be if I run almost everything in the stand

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well yeah of course, but I should have worded that better so my Apologies.

opposed to people running wood stands is going the aluminum stand/removable covers route much louder? I’ll have this display tank in a spare living room but I just wonder how quiet or loud it will be if I run almost everything in the stand
It’s not gonna be any different.. I actually skin my stands with straight aluminum and they’re quiet. Acm is a composite of pvc and aluminum..

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Remember that can be a humid area depending on ones location. I always am cautious when keeping certain electronics in these areas. Something to think about unrelated to this stand as it applies to any.

th365thli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I'm looking for ideas for a 240+ build and Tenecor caught my eye. At these sizes glass is just too much of a pain. The only thing holding me back is the lack of panels on the stand.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back