Got my stand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Is the Al 6061 or 7075?

Are the gussets Al, SS or anodized steel?

Are the bolts standard ar graded?

Thanks
The aluminum is 6105. It is an alloy composed primarily of aluminum (95-98%) with magnesium (0.6-1.2%) and silicon (0.4-0.8%) as its primary alloying elements. It is heat treatable, possessing moderate strength and good corrosion resistance. 6105-T5 aluminum is commonly used in the automotive, aerospace, appliance and defense industries. The gussets are cast aluminum. Same alloy. Not sure about the bolts. Need to check the markings. For others reading this, a graded bolt is a bolt that has been manufactured to a specific grade or standard of strength or quality. Grade markings are placed on the head of a bolt to designate the material and strength characteristics of the bolt. This makes it easier for those purchasing the bolt to identify and select the correct grade of bolt for a particular task.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aluminum is 6105. It is an alloy composed primarily of aluminum (95-98%) with magnesium (0.6-1.2%) and silicon (0.4-0.8%) as its primary alloying elements. It is heat treatable, possessing moderate strength and good corrosion resistance. 6105-T5 aluminum is commonly used in the automotive, aerospace, appliance and defense industries. The gussets are cast aluminum. Same alloy. Not sure about the bolts. Need to check the markings. For others reading this, a graded bolt is a bolt that has been manufactured to a specific grade or standard of strength or quality. Grade markings are placed on the head of a bolt to designate the material and strength characteristics of the bolt. This makes it easier for those purchasing the bolt to identify and select the correct grade of bolt for a particular task.
Gussets followup. If you mean perhaps the angle brackets, they are coated steel.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank stand looks really nice!!
One more thing you may be interested in the overhead light mount. Adjustable up/down, front/back, left/right. On our stands or retrofit on other wood stands.

39281061-F545-4E8E-ABB2-E640E7848E0B.jpeg

D98F77F9-7183-4B0A-9235-92DC213690CA.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more thing you may be interested in the overhead light mount. Adjustable up/down, front/back, left/right. On our stands or retrofit on other wood stands.

39281061-F545-4E8E-ABB2-E640E7848E0B.jpeg

D98F77F9-7183-4B0A-9235-92DC213690CA.jpeg
Oh wow, that's really neat it can do that!!! What lights are you going to use for it?

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow, that's really neat it can do that!!! What lights are you going to use for it?
No lights. We have this debate all the time whether we should include lights. There are so many options and everyone has their own preferences. The mounts are going to be as universal as possible.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No lights. We have this debate all the time whether we should include lights. There are so many options and everyone has their own preferences. The mounts are going to be as universal as possible.
I like the idea of keeping it universal!!

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look great , I can't wait to see them available? Any idea on cost of a 72x24x24 stand with panels?
Did you see this?
@Tenecor Aquariums I submitted a custom stand request on the 19th but have not heard back. Can you assist?

A question like this needs a long answer. "Wood" stands can be anything from low cost/quality chain pet store stands with particle board panels to high end custom millwork. And the gap in in between can be something like what you get with one of the well advertised glass aquariums, similar to garage cabinets. Will these be competitive with the low end particle board stands? Of course not. That stuff is eventually destined for the landfill, so is it really a good value? High end custom millwork is something we will be providing as well since this is part of our aquarium furniture initiative. At this time, I want to point out all of these stands will be built by us. No outside contractors. I mentioned previously we signed a lease on yet another facility for just this reason. It is important for us to keep this capability in house. The images are of the basic aluminum frame design. No control panels or internal shelving. These can be considered our entry level models. They still will have adjustable "Bigfoot" leveling legs and made with oversize profile. This collection will be available as DIY self assembly as well or factory assembled as part of an entire setup. The deck and shelf will be 1/2 inch PVC with Starboard HDPE as an available (but pricey) upgrade. Hinges will be top quality BLUM or equivalent. The available skins for these will be pretty wide but still limited to around a half dozen or so selections. Importantly, the warranty on these will be at least five years on the panels, lifetime on the frame. This is why "cheap" is not always the best value. I have seen the stands from these glass companies and what they look like just one year out. Cheap, corroded hinges, swelling wood panels, dubious structural integrity. Now, About those leveling feet. There are lots of threads started here regarding uneven floors asking how to Shim up a stand, etc. Our answer is leveling feet BIG ones, not cheap little stiletto heels that will ruin floors. Another glass company has a cute assembly video showing their aluminum stand being quickly assembled then picked up and carried away. Don't try this with a Magnum stand. Even the small ones are heavy and take time to put together, if DIY. The next level up will have control panel mounting boards, internal lighting and other goodies with a wider selection of skins. The top end will feature cantilever perimeter decks as well as open spans of up to 10 feet. Canopies with light mounts will be available for all models. Our lighting selections will be available in about three weeks. Equivalent to Primes at about 30 percent less. With longer warranties. Back to the canopies. There is a reason why rimless glass tanks don't have canopies. The inherent weak design of the "rimless" tank will be further compromised if a canopy sits on it. Our answer is the floating "bikini" canopy that does not touch the tank, does not collect condensation, contains light spill and frankly looks awesome.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stands look great, cant wait to see the stands with side panels actually available, I know they are working on it.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. I am hoping to get some panels from them.
Any sign shop supplier will carry the acm panels.. you could prolly find a local sign shop and they would sell them and cut them to size for you.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back