Got Stung by my BTA

  • Thread starter Thread starter MasonK24
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MasonK24

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2018
Messages
170
Reaction score
164
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had it for almost 2 years. After handling them hundreds of times it finally got me.
8B10FC41-4EBA-41D6-93B9-2BA705C3FAE3.jpeg
46C1D0DD-22DA-489E-BA9B-789F6EBCC4C9.jpeg
417D28A9-0B6F-4F14-93CD-5584E6CC5C99.jpeg
 
Ouch! Thanks for the warning! I have heard that well established, healthy BTAs can pack a stronger sting than ones struggling, and so one shouldn't assume that all stings are mild or undetectable.
 
Ouch! Thanks for the warning! I have heard that well established, healthy BTAs can pack a stronger sting than ones struggling, and so one shouldn't assume that all stings are mild or undetectable.
I knew they stung, but not to the extent that i got. I cant even count how many times ive handled mine, peeling them off a rock to move them. Nothing ever happened. The nem that got me is the mama. Its around the size of a dinner plate. It was fully inflated and all i did was brush it with my forearm and i instantly knew. It felt like pins and needles or multiple bee stings all at once. Im going to be more careful next time!
 
ouch gonna have to be careful when i get a nem , though i wonder how much worse some can be like sebaes or condy nems.
 
So here’s my question as a newbie whose now handled a nem.... I take it the slight almost electrical feeling I get touching them isn’t the actual sting?
 
So here’s my question as a newbie whose now handled a nem.... I take it the slight almost electrical feeling I get touching them isn’t the actual sting?
thats a great way to describe what it felt like when it happened to me. Between that and bee stings. I guess thats what venom feels like. Electric
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new