GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the boy!

Nice relaxed spot you have there Freddie! Oh the tank looks awesome!

Thanks Don!!

All is good with her pregnancy to this point.

lol
Not done a water change since the end of September, but I'll start back up the changes this week.

Been hitting the reef pretty hard with the Red Sea color's program, since the water changes had came to a stop.

Reef still looks pretty good for that long of a time, but it is starting to drive me crazy.
Got an fair amount of detritus on the BB floor to Python out too... ;Hilarious

Have no clue where it's phosphates and nitrates come to???

We've put in another chair and hung new drapes.

Bought the regular (corded) Bissell Crosswave for our tile and laminate flooring. Best purchase we've made in a long time, and would highly recommend it.

Don,
That's about all we have for an update and hope you guys are doing well.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Don!!

lol
Not done a water change since the end of September, but I'll start back up the changes this week.

Been hitting the reef pretty hard with the Red Sea color's program, since the water changes had came to a stop.

Reef still looks pretty good for that long of a time, but it is starting to drive me crazy.

Bought the regular (corded) Bissell Crosswave for our tile and laminate flooring. Best purchase we've made in a long time, and would highly recommend it.

Don,

Doing good Freddie. Glad everything is good on your end! :)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Don!!

lol

Don,
2hours 2late. Dang. Was looking at this and grabbed a DirtDevil Baggless instead. Bleh.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2hours 2late. Dang. Was looking at this and grabbed a DirtDevil Baggless instead. Bleh.

Hey Rich,

We still use our vac, but that Crosswave is amazing on all hard floor surfaces.

Kinda like an new arsenal to work with our home's vacuum... :p

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rich,

We still use our vac, but that Crosswave is amazing on all hard floor surfaces.

Kinda like an new arsenal to work with our home's vacuum... :p
Fish and vacuums. It's the simple things in life. Grats on the healthy little one thus far and momma following suit. Best wishes for a smooth ride from here out with that.

I'm about to start the RedSea ABCD in a week or so after I build the doser station. How long have u been running it? Do u base ur dosages off Ca consumption orr?

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to start the RedSea ABCD in a week or so after I build the doser station. How long have u been running it? Do u base ur dosages off Ca consumption orr?

Well,
Been using it for a pretty darn long time.

Before we put in the cal reactor I was dosing the Red Sea ABC+ powder with colors C and D, per Red Sea's instructions to calcium intake.

The Red Sea ABC+ powder doses cal, alk, mag and also contains colors A and B. My alk would drop with that system more than the others, but I got the hang of keeping it inline with dosing Seachem Reef Builder. It's harder to keep stable on a bigger reef, but had great results.

Rolled that way for right at the one year mark, but Kevin Davies told me to forget about automating the ABC+ power, Red Sea had already tried it in their labs.

Blind dose since we brought in the cal reactor, on the low side, because the media melts out some skeletal trace elements, but still good because the ABCD colors do not contain strontium, and the cal reactor's media is packed with that element.

Red Sea puts strontium in their Red Sea part-a calcium dosing formula.

I've always liked it, but just remember that their 4 part color's program does not dose strontium.

When I was dosing to my cal's intake, I dosed half as much, just to play it safe.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,
Been using it for a pretty darn long time.

Before we put in the cal reactor I was dosing the Red Sea ABC+ powder with colors C and D, per Red Sea's instructions to calcium intake.

The Red Sea ABC+ powder doses cal, alk, mag and also contains colors A and B. My alk would drop with that system more than the others, but I got the hang of keeping it inline with dosing Seachem Reef Builder. It's harder to keep stable on a bigger reef, but had great results.

Rolled that way for right at the one year mark, but Kevin Davies told me to forget about automating the ABC+ power, Red Sea had already tried it in their labs.

Blind dose since we brought in the cal reactor, on the low side, because the media melts out some skeletal trace elements, but still good because the ABCD colors do not contain strontium, and the cal reactor's media is packed with that element.

Red Sea puts strontium in their Red Sea part-a calcium dosing formula.

I've always liked it, but just remember that their 4 part color's program does not dose strontium.

When I was dosing to my cal's intake, I dosed half as much, just to play it safe.
I wasnt aware of the lack of Strontium. Glad I asked. Appreciate the info Freddie. Cheers.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been awhile.

We finally got done updating or home with new furniture, among other things, and have two more drapes to hang.

About a month ago the the Alka-T was giving off super low readings and was shutting itself down.
Caught that right away and did an inspection. The night before our cat chewed threw the Alka-T's feed, reagent lines and connections, but the cal reactor has remained dialed in.

Been using Hanna and Salifert as a crosscheck and she's just purring along. So we'll get replacements parts and shield that area.

The BTA moved up top and stung the green acro colony, so lost about 90% of that colony within the first 48 hours. The tissue recession stopped, but just a tad left.

BTA is going to be moved out for good. Don't have a clownfish, anymore, and and it's just not worth the frustration.

All else is doing fine and all fish are in good health, with no aggression.

Can't ge the DD-Pro mix at this point, and one mix left for next Friday's water change.
Like the Salinity salt mix, but after the reef is fully exchanged with that mix it hard to find the end points??? with the test kits that I use. Was like that in 2011 and the last time we switched to it.

So, ordered the 200 gallon bucket of TM Pro Reef, and will bump up alk as need be.

Been using the Specturepure RO membrane and their fixed bed DI for a long time. Seems to last a lot longer than the Dow membrane and BRS mixed resin. So staying the coarse with those.

Abyzz A100 has ran flawlessly, no more hardware has been purchased.

But, we did add a new frag...

Arron Kelly our first grandson was delivered via C-section, last Sunday at 2:42 am

The gal on the right is our oldest of 4, Addie
image000000.jpg

Thanks for taking the time, Freddie

:)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the grandBOY, Freddie!

Is your cat still on the young side? Our cats used to chew through all kinds of stuff. Once they were beyond about 5 years, it seems, they stopped with the chewing.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations Freddie.
What a lovely family.
I hope you put the Aaron Kelly Acro in low light and dipped him, before moving him to the main display.
;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the grandBOY, Freddie!

Is your cat still on the young side? Our cats used to chew through all kinds of stuff. Once they were beyond about 5 years, it seems, they stopped with the chewing.

Yeah,
She's a five year old Maine Coon and always chews on plastic things, like cellophane they use for Edge gel shaving cream bundle packs.

Here's a painting that one of our brother-in-law's did of her.
IMG_20200301_130907.jpg

IMG_20200301_130928.jpg

Super talented man in the world of art.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back