OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad your tank is on the mend from the TMP disaster Freddie! My acros are coloring back up with every water change :)
That some good news Tim!

After talking to Matt, they (brs) sent a form to fill out, with a picture of the batch # as well.

Just finished a water change

Never tried this:
Shots with an 2018 iPad?????

5E17E0C6-23F7-456D-9862-156849064019.jpeg
8D4236B8-2AEE-44C8-86E6-1A45ACC4BAC1.jpeg

A1F8FF85-9964-4021-9D85-2DF8B5B6BB1B.jpeg

lol.... ;Wacky
That Mel wrasse is hard to capture.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m loving the Deltec but the skimmer. Haven’t been using it long but did my first cup cleaning. Was only draining and everyday turning the wiper. I will watch and check the venture. Thanks for the tip.
Hope cleaning your venturi helps.

That self turn neck cleaner is real nice.

Does your Achilles come to your hand while feeding?

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles comes up to eat from my hand but I don’t let her eat much. I hand feed the CBB and Achilles becomes a pig. They all come over to nibble from hand but the wrasse come by and hit it quick. They don’t like to linger by my hands.

Great shots specially the angell. wrasse are hard to photograph between the movement and for the colors to show. Yours looks to have great color and is a beast.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That some good news Tim!

After talking to Matt, they (brs) sent a form to fill out, with a picture of the batch # as well.

Just finished a water change

Never tried this:
Shots with an 2018 iPad?????

5E17E0C6-23F7-456D-9862-156849064019.jpeg
8D4236B8-2AEE-44C8-86E6-1A45ACC4BAC1.jpeg

A1F8FF85-9964-4021-9D85-2DF8B5B6BB1B.jpeg

lol.... ;Wacky
That Mel wrasse is hard to capture.
Wow that Regal with the intense green from the Duncans looks awesome Freddie.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final GoVols S-400 Update:

Guys,
After struggling so long with this reef’s parameters, it came to the point to make some decision's.

At first I was selling the entire setup and leaving the hobby. The entire setup was posted to sell.

That move started to way on Angelia’s heart (sad), so we had a long talk.

I told her there would only be one setup that I would have in mind. Black, Red Sea “Reefer” Nano.

Welp, that setup had been discontinued, for better sales in the Max Nano, but knew it’s sump / downpipes are the same for a Reefer 170.

After a hunt and some no’s, contacted Aquarium Specialty, they took the time to contact Red Sea USA.

After consulting with Red Sea USA, AS fired back that they were still 3 black Reefer Nano’s on Red Sea USA‘s floor. With AS’s help I pulled the trigger, and remain active in this cazy… :face-with-spiral-eyes: hobby.

Got to give @AquariumSpecialty, Kudos!!

Just shooting for a BTA / Clownfish reef.

We’ve kept (and using) the Abyzz A100, Apex jr, ReefWave 25, Teco (SeaChill) TK-1000 and 4 Head ReefDose.

Pushing one ReefLed 90 and added in a NYOS 120 skimmer, into the reefer’s sump.

Yep, you can dial in the 120 on an 28 gallon (dead silent), but stopped skimming. Just using for using for aeration.

Going 4” deep sand bed / Tropic Eden (live sand) Reef Flakes. At this time have hit the diatom stage.

The S-400’s live stock was sold to The Aquatic Critter.

After looking over the S-400’s live rock, it was truly time to do a full reboot.

At this time all is out of the S-400, except for running with fresh water. The S-400 will sell as stock, with some tossed in, goodies.

Guys,
We have a had a great run, including some nice experiment's along the way, with some great results…

but, it’s time to let this build thread lay.

Everyone who has tagged along during anytime has been a blessing.

Over the years, you guys truly drove this thread.

Thanks so much!!

The End,
GoVols:)

Last edited:

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freddie like Semisonic sang every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end. It’s all about enjoyment and nothing wrong with a smaller slice of ocean if you will enjoy it. Thanks for sharing the ride

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good things come to an end and new beginnings start. Love the idea of clown and anemones. Stop in and say hello with a tank pic once in awhile.
Cheers Freddy and thank you for your help when I started. I’ll never forget you told me about TSM and they really made a dream I thought was impossible possible

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck Freddie!!!
Hope to see more of the new nano soon.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck Freddie!!!
Hope to see more of the new nano soon.
Janci,
Hope your doing well

He's a new link for the reefer nano

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final GoVols S-400 Update:

Guys,
After struggling so long with this reef’s parameters, it came to the point to make some decision's.

At first I was selling the entire setup and leaving the hobby. The entire setup was posted to sell.

That move started to way on Angelia’s heart (sad), so we had a long talk.

I told her there would only be one setup that I would have in mind. Black, Red Sea “Reefer” Nano.

Welp, that setup had been discontinued, for better sales in the Max Nano, but knew it’s sump / downpipes are the same for a Reefer 170.

After a hunt and some no’s, contacted Aquarium Specialty, they took the time to contact Red Sea USA.

After consulting with Red Sea USA, AS fired back that they were still 3 black Reefer Nano’s on Red Sea USA‘s floor. With AS’s help I pulled the trigger, and remain active in this cazy… :face-with-spiral-eyes: hobby.

Got to give @AquariumSpecialty, Kudos!!

Just shooting for a BTA / Clownfish reef.

We’ve kept (and using) the Abyzz A100, Apex jr, ReefWave 25, Teco (SeaChill) TK-1000 and 4 Head ReefDose.

Pushing one ReefLed 90 and added in a NYOS 120 skimmer, into the reefer’s sump.

Yep, you can dial in the 120 on an 28 gallon (dead silent), but stopped skimming. Just using for using for aeration.

Going 4” deep sand bed / Tropic Eden (live sand) Reef Flakes. At this time have hit the diatom stage.

The S-400’s live stock was sold to The Aquatic Critter.

After looking over the S-400’s live rock, it was truly time to do a full reboot.

At this time all is out of the S-400, except for running with fresh water. The S-400 will sell as stock, with some tossed in, goodies.

Guys,
We have a had a great run, including some nice experiment's along the way, with some great results…

but, it’s time to let this build thread lay.

Everyone who has tagged along during anytime has been a blessing.

Over the years, you guys truly drove this thread.

Thanks so much!!

The End,
GoVols:)
Thank you and I'm happy we could help!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back