Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking, it's been a long time since Freddy had an update... A real long time. I wonder whats up? Well, apparently it's just been a long time since notifications stopped happening.

A real long time :D

Everything looking good Freddy, Heidi included! She's working on that "You bought more coral?" face

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking, it's been a long time since Freddy had an update... A real long time. I wonder whats up? Well, apparently it's just been a long time since notifications stopped happening.

A real long time :D

Everything looking good Freddy, Heidi included! She's working on that "You bought more coral?" face
Rakie,
Thanks for the kind words about the Reef and Heidi.

Not going to add any new live stock right now / Ain't got no QT tank :eek:

Freddie :)

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MrMichael @SPR1968

Guys,
I broke my word and this 3.5" male Blue Throat trigger from Divers Den (WYSIWYG)

(lol)
Some how :confused:... fell into the ole shopping cart this evening. Just could not pass it up :D

1215171-106.jpg

:)

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MrMichael @SPR1968

Guys,
I broke my word and this 3.5" male Blue Throat trigger from Divers Den (WYSIWYG)

(lol)
Some how :confused:... fell into the ole shopping cart this evening. Just could not pass it up :D

1215171-106.jpg

Very nice!

Are you going to get a female as well for fun and games ?

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!

Are you going to get a female as well for fun and games ?
Shaun,

Thank You

No Female, I'm already worried about the additional bio-load :eek:

Gave up on a Regal Angel and I just can't find a tiny / healthy one in the US from a vendor that I trust.

So, I copied your male Blue Throat and jumped on it since it came from Divers Den :) and it's so small.

Will be coming in on Tuesday morning ;Woot ;Woot

Freddie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rakie,
Thanks for the kind words about the Reef and Heidi.

Not going to add any new live stock right now / Ain't got no QT tank :eek:

Freddie :)

I CAN SEE THE FUTURE !

Nice pickup, triggers are awesome fish. I've read they spit water to get attention (and food) though. So if you start finding puddles it's not a leak, just your water puppy wanting snacks.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I CAN SEE THE FUTURE !

Nice pickup, triggers are awesome fish. I've read they spit water to get attention (and food) though. So if you start finding puddles it's not a leak, just your water puppy wanting snacks.
They do make funny grunting noises which you can hear out side of the tank. It’s sounds like their jaws are snapping. They easily squirt water and infact when mine were building their nest they were squirting water into the sand to clear it out for the nest.

Also be prepared for having your rocks rearranged to how he wants them. Mine have a nest under the rockwork which they both dug out and that’s were they retreat to sometimes in the day and always at nighttime. I had sand storms but I think your bare bottom so will be a bit better for you. Well until the Trigger bull dozer arrives lol! Did you glue the rocks down..! Lol. I didn’t!

They are really great fish to have in the tank.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do make funny grunting noises which you can hear out side of the tank. It’s sounds like their jaws are snapping. They easily squirt water and infact when mine were building their nest they were squirting water into the sand to clear it out for the nest.

Also be prepared for having your rocks rearranged to how he wants them. Mine have a nest under the rockwork which they both dug out and that’s were they retreat to sometimes in the day and always at nighttime. I had sand storms but I think your bare bottom so will be a bit better for you. Well until the Trigger bull dozer arrives lol! Did you glue the rocks down..! Lol. I didn’t!

All I can say is that if he can move these rocks then "He's Da Man"!!!

Their all real big and interlocked into each other :)

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They do seem like really cool fish. No room in my little tank. To me, they seem like the kind of fish that really needs a larger tank. I feel even the smaller triggers wouldn't be comfy in less than a 6x2' tank. Even the smaller ones, if they get frustrated and take it out on the other fish in the tank it's not gonna end well for whoever isn't the trigger.

I'd be afraid of having one in less than something that's like 6x3', or 8x3'. But I've seen LOTS of happy triggers in smaller tanks so I'm just paranoid.

I'm used to big FW fish with big attitudes, and the moment they aren't happy they take it out on everything in the tank. Almost always, the answer to that is more space. The FW boys are all about BIG tanks. over at MFK, 500 gallons is considered a medium-small tank, and for some species, 500g is a grow out system!

Shame SW is so expensive -- I think we and our fish would all benefit from 300g being considered the small end of the tank spectrum.

Sorry freddy, I'm rambling today!

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I even got some Christmas color in there:D
I love it and finally getting in the mood too.
I've got Friday thru Tuesday off and go back to work on next Wednesday :D

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it and finally getting in the mood too.
I've got Friday thru Tuesday off and go back to work on next Wednesday :D

I have the weekend, and Monday, but already feeling the mood. I decided I was not going to go full speed this week:rolleyes::D

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GoVols: Update for the day...

Cal Reactor is still humming along smoothly and it's been up and running for almost 2 months.
A cal reactor is not for everybody but I'm happy that I made the transition. After a year of hand dosing the Red Sea ABC+ powder with colors C & D, I was ready to go back to automation but the ABC+ powder was a great ride with second to none results.

Now,
We did get in the male Blue Throat trigger, yesterday evening from Divers Den Wisconsin and only took a few shoots at this time.
It is a very healthy and beautiful specimen but I'm not going to pester it and stress it out until it feels comfortable. Last night it was just hovering in the right hand corner but today it's has been out and about but still hides when your walk up to the glass.

Very different personality than a Clown or Huma Huma trigger, where they are very bold as soon as you place them into your reef.

So here are some shots taken yesterday, with the crappy cell phone that we have. Will take more shots of him when he has become fully adjusted to his new reef.

1219171252.jpg

1219171254.jpg

1219171258a.jpg

1219171257.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cal Reactor is still humming along smoothly and it's been up and running for almost 2 months.
A cal reactor is not for everybody but I'm happy that I made the transition. After a year of hand dosing the Red Sea ABC+ powder with colors C & D, I was ready to go back to automation but the ABC+ powder was a great ride with second to none results.

Now,
We did get in the male Blue Throat trigger, yesterday evening from Divers Den Wisconsin and only took a few shoots at this time.
It is a very healthy and beautiful specimen but I'm not going to pester it and stress it out until it feels comfortable. Last night it was just hovering in the right hand corner but today it's has been out and about but still hides when your walk up to the glass.

Very different personality than a Clown or Huma Huma trigger, where they are very bold as soon as you place them into your reef.

So here are some shots taken yesterday, with the crappy cell phone that we have. Will take more shots of him when he has become fully adjusted to his new reef.

1219171252.jpg

1219171254.jpg

1219171258a.jpg

1219171257.jpg

Nice trigger!

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice trigger!
Thank You!!!

Looking more colorful today but still needs more time to adjust and thankfully, the Powder Blue tang could care less :D

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welp,
Some bad news on today's update.
Was doing some tank maintenance and noticed that the Royal Urchin has passed away :(
Can't even remember how long that we've had him and was a great little booger. He was the best part of my clean up crew.

Called the Aquatic Critter in Nashville and they have some pink pincushions and will pick one up in the morning.

On the new Apex that bit the dust ;Dead
Neptune Systems will call me at 3:00 pm tomorrow and we'll see if we can bring it back from the dead. They fully understand that it's a new box and if I have to ship it to them, they will fix it at no charge.

The cal reactor is still in tune but we need the Apex for the long haul to keep the reactor in tune, just in case the bubble counter goes nutz ;Wacky

The Blue Throat Trigger:
Coming out more often but has not ate, yet. He's getting bolder by the day and has wonderful colors.
Must thank @SPR1968 for letting me copy him on this fish :D

As a note:
The above picture from Divers Den is him.
So, If you want their picture be sure to down load it to your computer before you check out.
If you check out and then try to get it's picture, the picture will be gone from the (WYSIWYG) site.

So to shake things down:
Running to the Aquatic Critter in the AM and talking to Neptune Systems support in the PM.

Pretty much it for the day.

Regards, GoVols

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back