!!!GRAB-BA-BA-BAGGIE BATTLEBOXES!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

blebs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just got my first battlebox!!! wife got me one for our anniversary. So excited about the new corals!! ALso got a battle brush ya!

I will definitely have to pick up another in the near future!!! such great corals for the price.

NEW BATTLECORALS.jpg

1 PC rainbow
2 Vivids rainbow delight
3 Magic Wand Tenius
4 Grape Juice
5 Foxflame
6 Midnight rainbow Millie

does anyone have colony pics for Magic wand tenius or midnight rainbow millie??

Salt Creep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Father's Day came early! My girlfriend got a box for me and I cannot say enough times how happy I am with this. I am not disappointed at all.

These pics were taken right after they went in my tank so they haven't had time to settle in, but already look great.

coral id.jpg
Battle Stag1.jpg
Conveyor Belt of Fleshdunce1.jpg
Copps Cali Cali Acro1.jpg
Fox Flame1.jpg
Raindrops on Roses Milli1.jpg
Sungod Prostrata1.jpg

Can't wait to get another box next week :D

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Father's Day came early! My girlfriend got a box for me and I cannot say enough times how happy I am with this. I am not disappointed at all.

These pics were taken right after they went in my tank so they haven't had time to settle in, but already look great.

coral id.jpg
Battle Stag1.jpg
Conveyor Belt of Fleshdunce1.jpg
Copps Cali Cali Acro1.jpg
Fox Flame1.jpg
Raindrops on Roses Milli1.jpg
Sungod Prostrata1.jpg

Can't wait to get another box next week :D

Nice box! Can't wait to see what Adam puts together for my next Battlebox! I had Copp's Calacali but it stn'd on me 3 months ago or so. I'd really like to get another piece of that.

Edit: stn was totally on me. Tried putting sps in a tank that wasn't ready for them.

Last edited:

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered my first Battlebox yesterday which was also my first order from Battle Corals. I'm definitely happy with what I got and was very surprised at how healthy the corals looked when they got here. I've ordered from a couple other online stores but have never seen seen corals have polyps out while still in the bag. The customer service was also the best I've ever had, no other stores have kept me informed on the order status like Adam did.

Thanks again Adam!

The corals in the pictures are in the same order as they are in the picture of the bags. The pictures aren't great but its the best I could do.
IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0259.jpg
IMG_0261.jpg

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my first Battlebox today. I’m a little disappointed...coz now I feel like I’m an addict because I’m going to want more later on! Adam is awesome! His service and packaging and, of course, corals are amazing! No problems with communication. The corals had PE in the tank in less than 30 mins. They’re just freaking healthy. Phone pics just don’t do it justice. Expect more orders from me @Battlecorals !!!
AA9E458C-6706-41F1-AC12-9A5640FB2743.jpeg
E749AF7A-EC00-4441-B1BD-9CB70EB45307.jpeg

chefmur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from Adam several times but this is my first Battlebox with Father's Day $$$. All I can say is wow, had a couple requests and he delivered then some. Ended up costing around $35 per frag delivered, I have seen some of these on similar sites for double at least. Polyps out in the bag. Here is quick cellphone pic, only blues on as I had to get them in the tank and get to work. Thanks Adam you are the best.
battlebox.jpg

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got another Battlebox from Adam earlier this week. The only one I requested in this one was the Sun God and a nice tenuis. I was super excited to see what was in this one. Anyway, here's the list followed by a couple quick pics. Sorry about the dirty glass. I've been super busy at work and pretty much have the tank on auto pilot for now.

The list, not in any particular order;

RR Lady in Pink
BC Magic Wand Tenuis
Really Cool Orange Tip Smoothy
Scooby Doo Sunset
BC Pushing Daisies
Sun God Prostrata
Soft Rainbow Milli
Sky Doppole
Big Aussie no namer
Serpentman Soli

20180619_140541.jpg
20180619_140530.jpg
20180619_140527.jpg
20180619_140512.jpg
20180619_140538.jpg

Some of the frags you see on the rack are from past orders from @Battlecorals. Same goes for those you see in the back ground. Every coral in this tank came from Adam. Except the 2 lps and 1 palythoa of course, which I don't think are in any of the pics.

I still don't see any reason to order sps from anywhere else. Some of these packs that he puts together honestly makes his competition look bad as far as health and price goes.

Thanks a bunch Adam!

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a battle box land this week. Unfortunately, I had 2 frags strip within 4 hours of acclimation, nothing to do with the frags at all, I think the box got overheated in transport. Adam has been really great about the 2, we are going to hold off until September when it isn't 98 degrees by quarter after 7 in the morning. This box was Dragonfly, Greg C Efflo, Aquatic man, PC Superman, BC Adam Bomb, Backdraft, and BC Catapault Fireball. The 2 lost were the Greg C and PC Superman
P7140007.JPG

IMG_20180711_214724_DRO.jpg

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, am I conflicted.
I ordered a $300 Battlebox back on the 20th to be delivered on August 7th, since I am out of town for a couple weeks. My original order's preferences were simply that while I really like the SWK Invalida and that I'm hoping an efflo could be included, I'd like T5 - raised corals that Adam feels might be more hardy than average (I usually suffer about 25 - 30% loss on new sps frag additions to my tank and am hoping to cut that down by letting Adam make the selections).
To help take the sting out of having to wait until the 7th, I have read this entire thread, and now I am torn....I have seen so many stunning pieces that have filled others' grab bags that I keep thinking 'Okay I'm going to tell Adam to include (kaleidoscope/copps calacali/pearly cadaver/Sniper's blue something or other/insert 30 + other coral names here) in my Box. But then I realize that everyone who has left the coral selection entirely up to Adam have gotten really amazing pieces, too. Really, I haven't seen a single piece in this entire thread that I wouldn't be jazzed to have in my tank. So I am going to try to stand firm and hopefully won't convert my Battlebox into a handpicked selection of specific pieces. (I am making myself the promise that if I can resist the temptation for this Box that I'll allow myself a cherry-picked BC purchase the next time my budget allows.)

I do have a question. Last year bif24701 and Mael posted in this thread that they arrange to pick up their coral at UPS/FedEx hubs. How do you do that? I live in the country, so our deliveries are usually late in the day and given that temps are usually in the high 90's - 100+ degrees here in August I'd like to spare my frags the 8-10 hours of bouncing around in a hot van. Do you contact the carrier once you have a tracking number to ask them to hold it at your local hub, or do you ask Adam to list the hub as the final destination when he ships the Box?

Old Yeller cruising current tank thinking there is plenty real estate for BC corals:
P7060582.JPG

Old Yeller enjoying the landscape of the tank back in its hayday (2013):
2013FTS.jpg

Kurt

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi there

I can arrange for your box to be held for pick up no problem. I can send you a quick list of possible locations near you to pick from as well. I do lots of hold at’s. Never a bad idea in more extreme temps, or if you are in the afternoon delivery window for priority as well.

Let me know if you’d like a list and I’ll shoit one right over. :)

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, am I conflicted.
I ordered a $300 Battlebox back on the 20th to be delivered on August 7th, since I am out of town for a couple weeks. My original order's preferences were simply that while I really like the SWK Invalida and that I'm hoping an efflo could be included, I'd like T5 - raised corals that Adam feels might be more hardy than average (I usually suffer about 25 - 30% loss on new sps frag additions to my tank and am hoping to cut that down by letting Adam make the selections).
To help take the sting out of having to wait until the 7th, I have read this entire thread, and now I am torn....I have seen so many stunning pieces that have filled others' grab bags that I keep thinking 'Okay I'm going to tell Adam to include (kaleidoscope/copps calacali/pearly cadaver/Sniper's blue something or other/insert 30 + other coral names here) in my Box. But then I realize that everyone who has left the coral selection entirely up to Adam have gotten really amazing pieces, too. Really, I haven't seen a single piece in this entire thread that I wouldn't be jazzed to have in my tank. So I am going to try to stand firm and hopefully won't convert my Battlebox into a handpicked selection of specific pieces. (I am making myself the promise that if I can resist the temptation for this Box that I'll allow myself a cherry-picked BC purchase the next time my budget allows.)

I do have a question. Last year bif24701 and Mael posted in this thread that they arrange to pick up their coral at UPS/FedEx hubs. How do you do that? I live in the country, so our deliveries are usually late in the day and given that temps are usually in the high 90's - 100+ degrees here in August I'd like to spare my frags the 8-10 hours of bouncing around in a hot van. Do you contact the carrier once you have a tracking number to ask them to hold it at your local hub, or do you ask Adam to list the hub as the final destination when he ships the Box?

Old Yeller cruising current tank thinking there is plenty real estate for BC corals:
P7060582.JPG

Old Yeller enjoying the landscape of the tank back in its hayday (2013):
2013FTS.jpg

Kurt

I really enjoyed reading this post. Like you said, it's so hard to make a decision with the selection that Adam has. I'd ask for a few that you really really want and let Adam fill in the rest, imho. You'll be surprised by what's in that box, no doubt about it.

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoyed reading this post. Like you said, it's so hard to make a decision with the selection that Adam has. I'd ask for a few that you really really want and let Adam fill in the rest, imho. You'll be surprised by what's in that box, no doubt about it.
Thanks, MTBake. That's what I plan to do. I better stop looking at the BC website if I hope to stand firm. I'm like that dog in UP. When I open the web page and see one of Adam's corals, its like someone yelled "Ball!"

Oh, and Adam replied right away to my email query about the carrier hub pick up (refreshing to get such prompt responses from a vendor--just one more example of how BC sets the standard for customer service.)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back