!!!GRAB-BA-BA-BAGGIE BATTLEBOXES!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some of those like they're shooting off new growth! Very cool!

Right on! This is essentially my ultimate goal for all my available frags. :) I'd like to see them well beyond just the "encrusted" stage, and actually growing new growth upward again. Closer to the 4-5 month mark, as opposed to a few week or a month. You can't really get any more healthy and stable as that for a frag prior to shipping.

Az reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on! This is essentially my ultimate goal for all my available frags. :) I'd like to see them well beyond just the "encrusted" stage, and actually growing new growth upward again. Closer to the 4-5 month mark, as opposed to a few week or a month. You can't really get any more healthy and stable as that for a frag prior to shipping.
Are you still doing the grab bags?

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok nice!! How do you go about ordering one?

I always start a conversation with Adam(battlecorals) here on R2R.

Just click his name from one of his posts. Then, click start conversation. Pretty much works like any other thread from there. It's the same as a pm on other forums;) Adam will go over the specifics from there:)

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still doing the grab bags?
I got my GrabBag last Wednesday, after FedEx let it sit in Memphis an extra 24 hours. I was expecting a bag of bones after the shipping delay but 5 of the 7 frags survived. Here is a shot of them the day after arrival. I decided to wait before posting to make sure they survived and now, a week later, they are all still looking good. From Left to right: Greg Carrol Efflo, Sniper's Blue Something or Other (my contest entry), GARF Bonsai, ATL Tulip Milli, Rainbows in Spain.....

grabbag.jpg

Adam certainly ships chunky and resilient frags as this prolonged shipment delay attests. And he was quick to assure me that he'll be replacing the few that didn't make it. No reason to look to another vendor.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my GrabBag last Wednesday, after FedEx let it sit in Memphis an extra 24 hours. I was expecting a bag of bones after the shipping delay but 5 of the 7 frags survived. Here is a shot of them the day after arrival. I decided to wait before posting to make sure they survived and now, a week later, they are all still looking good. From Left to right: Greg Carrol Efflo, Sniper's Blue Something or Other (my contest entry), GARF Bonsai, ATL Tulip Milli, Rainbows in Spain.....

grabbag.jpg

Adam certainly ships chunky and resilient frags as this prolonged shipment delay attests. And he was quick to assure me that he'll be replacing the few that didn't make it. No reason to look to another vendor.

Greg C efflo was one I requested. Glad I did, your frag looks great! Contest frag looks nice and chunky as well;) Nice pack for sure! Can't wait to see the rest!

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm excited about the Greg C Efflo. I placed it at the top of the rockwork in strong flow. I hope it likes those conditions (I usually find conflicting recommendations when I research where others think a particular frag thrives, and the efflo was no exception).
I'll post pics when I get my replacements. I had requested the SWK Invalida, gave a few guidelines about my preferences for the other frags (hearty and no top-end pieces as my tank is still pretty barren and I wanted more frags to fill in real estate) and let Adam fill in the rest of the Box. The SWK and BC Xmas were the ones that RTN'd due to the delay. I hadn't even considered the Xmas, but after reading the thread about it I can't wait to get the replacement.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubblebath is one of the nicest corals out there! I've always wondered what the clown car actually looked like.

Good to know!! I know so little concerning acro save how to care for it. For $300 I am quite pleased with the selection he chose. No doubt I’ll be ordering again. Generally speaking, allowing someone else to pick out your product seems insane, but I much prefer it this was with acro. I can think of no other product I’d ever order in such a way. Adam is a true pro.

kiddbid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my first Battlebox this morning.

Notice the efficient packing…not too many peanuts (hate those) and the cooling pack separated by styro strip. Great attention to detail. Already used my Battle brush…love it! Do they come in different colors?

If you look close, you can see polyp extension still in bag.

Had to use flash on cell phone so color not exact but good representation of PE and size. Frags encrusting over glue and on to plug in some places.

Left to Right: BC Daisy Pusher, Bleeding Tree, Bohemia, Brads Insane Delfuego, Hawaii, RMF Red Devil Nasuta, Shades of Fall, Shag Priority

Next pic gives better idea of relative color to each other.

I ordered the 300 Battlebox, asked for 6 and got 8. Shortly after placing the order, Adam emailed me. When I responded back, I let him know about some coral already in the tank and asked him to send what he thought looks great. I did not ask for anything by name. I told him I would like to see at least one fuzzy (I guess that’s why I got the Brads Insane Delfuego and Shag Priority) and a shortcake like contrast with a lighter body and red/pink polyps (which the Bohemia and Shades of Fall and RMF Red Devil Nasuta cover). He said he would not load me up on the green stuff so I was surprised to see the Bleeding Tree but it’s a nice green and I’m ok with it. Primarily I mentioned that tank was under LED and slowly ramping up so preferred frags that were growing under LED. I guess he did so but will keep an eye on them. Size of frags are just perfect; looking forward to watching these guys grow.

Adam’s communication was terrific. He should probably consult on how to pack an order perfectly. I think you can see that he gave a decent variety of color. It’s a great looking pack. The pack itself seems a little heavy on the pink/red but I’ll see how these settle in. These are happy frags and if any die, even in the next couple of days, that would be totally on me. The quality/health that he sent for this price was super and they’re all good-looking corals. I’m kind of mixed on this though. Although a couple of these will probably replace some current pieces in my tank if they grow the way I think they will, there’s nothing here that I would have jumped at if I saw it in a store or on the site. I’m not saying Adam should be a mind reader. I think I should have asked for 4 instead of 6 or maybe I should have communicated a specific piece or species. So, for a first experience, it was good. It’s different than ordering online elsewhere and I liked it. Will do so again.

Just wanted to give the above because I really got a lot from reading this forum post and I wanted to keep the experiences as current as possible.

20180817_134831283_iOS.jpg
20180817_134823568_iOS.jpg
20180817_135230676_iOS.jpg
20180817_164506715_iOS.jpg
20180817_174655276_iOS.jpg

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubblebath is one of the nicest corals out there! I've always wondered what the clown car actually looked like.

I think the Clown Car will look different in everyone's tank depending on light. I've had it for about 2 months and it looks totally different now than when I got it. I've recently moved it into the highest PAR area of my tank and he can take it. Right now, it's white with purple corallites and purple polyps with a sea foam green colored base. I'll take a picture and post the before and after but you won't believe that it's the same coral. Also, it's a fast grower. I love it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back