!!!GRAB-BA-BA-BAGGIE BATTLEBOXES!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I should post some pics of the grab bag Battlebox I got on Saturday. All I knew that would be in there was; Snipers blue, Greg C efflo, and firecracker. The rest were Adam's picks. I really prefer to have Adam make pics based off the list of what I already have. Works out well and I'm never disappointed. Thanks a bunch Adam!

20180825_100107.jpg

20180825_131315.jpg

20180825_131308.jpg

20180825_131323.jpg

20180826_145733.jpg

20180825_131321.jpg

20180825_131328.jpg

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lowering alkalinity and increasing lighting intensity has helped me with coloring up some of these. My alk runs around 6.5dkh. I dose it to 7 max. Kinda doing this as an experiment to be honest. I also increased the intensity of my Kessils from 30% to 80% in the past 10 days.

My system has low nutrients. I got sick of dosing no3 and po4. Thought I'd see what happens with a lower alk target instead. Seems to be paying off but it's only been a month with it that low. Used to be mid 9s.
That’s low. I keep my system at 7.5-8.0 and was considering upping to max of 8.5. Maybe in a month you can circle back with an update on the lower alk experiment. I’m curious now. Lol

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to say Adam really did take great care of me with my last box. I have 2 that I have on hold, I'm still not ready. But my Sniper Blue seems to be growing. At least that's what my friend says and she has no coral knowledge but was here when I unpacked it.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s low. I keep my system at 7.5-8.0 and was considering upping to max of 8.5. Maybe in a month you can circle back with an update on the lower alk experiment. I’m curious now. Lol

I won't lie, it's borderline and makes me a bit nervous to be honest. My actual target through this is 6.5-7.5dkh. I'll update this if I see any negatives or positives as they pop up.

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my GrabBag last Wednesday, after FedEx let it sit in Memphis an extra 24 hours. I was expecting a bag of bones after the shipping delay but 5 of the 7 frags survived. Here is a shot of them the day after arrival. I decided to wait before posting to make sure they survived and now, a week later, they are all still looking good. From Left to right: Greg Carrol Efflo, Sniper's Blue Something or Other (my contest entry), GARF Bonsai, ATL Tulip Milli, Rainbows in Spain.....

grabbag.jpg

Adam certainly ships chunky and resilient frags as this prolonged shipment delay attests. And he was quick to assure me that he'll be replacing the few that didn't make it. No reason to look to another vendor.

My replacement frags also were delayed an extra day in Memphis, arriving yesterday. They all looked remarkably good on arrival, no doubt due to Adam's excellent livestock and packaging technique. Here is a shot from yesterday, fresh out of the baggies, and they look just as good this AM. Fingers crossed.
TheReplacements.jpg

The Xmas and SWK were replacements, but I decided I needed a little red and another stag in my tank so added on the Zit (Yellow Head Stag). Although the pic gets the Xmas and SWK colors right the Zit is a nice deep red, not quite right in the photo.
Thanks again, Adam, for being excellent. (I mean really, look at the size and degree of encrustation of those replacements, which Adam provided at no charge!)

JNHAqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been saving space in my tank for some frags from BC and I finally pulled the trigger on an $800, 10 frag battlebox during the labor day sale.
I got:

Daisy pusher
Sungod prostrata
Dragonfly
Bellicose Trobairitz ( This was the only one I requested)
Brad's Insane Defuego
Donkey Kong
Meld With Other Demons
Bennet Yellow Tort
Lemon Hammer
and an unnamed frag.

I thought I had got all the frags out of their bags and into the tanks but I come back to see that there's still one bag floating around. So I go to check it out and it's a

Fleshdunce!

I was pretty hyped for this. I definitely got my money's worth.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been saving space in my tank for some frags from BC and I finally pulled the trigger on an $800, 10 frag battlebox during the labor day sale.
I got:

Daisy pusher
Sungod prostrata
Dragonfly
Brad's Insane Defuego
Donkey Kong
Meld With Other Demons
Bennet Yellow Tort
Lemon Hammer
and an unnamed frag.

I thought I had got all the frags out of their bags and into the tanks but I come back to see that there's still one bag floating around. So I go to check it out and it's a

Fleshdunce!

Wow! ;Wideyed

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got:

Daisy pusher
Sungod prostrata
Dragonfly
Brad's Insane Defuego
Donkey Kong
Meld With Other Demons
Bennet Yellow Tort
Lemon Hammer
and an unnamed frag.

Fleshdunce!

I wish I found that box sitting on my porch! Congrats on the new corals.

SWQuest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3F32D9A7-8668-4DCF-8E7B-4A65A174A1E3.jpeg 5098523F-59D6-45DA-8C3C-50EC97403CA1.jpeg Got my first battlebox today. I have never let someone pick some corals out for me before but I would let Adam do it again. I even got the battle brush that I hear so much about. Looking forward to putting it to use. The packaging was perfect corals were all looking good. Good polyp extension on them as well. I’m looking forward to my next battlebox now. Thanks again Adam.

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lowering alkalinity and increasing lighting intensity has helped me with coloring up some of these. My alk runs around 6.5dkh. I dose it to 7 max. Kinda doing this as an experiment to be honest. I also increased the intensity of my Kessils from 30% to 80% in the past 10 days.

My system has low nutrients. I got sick of dosing no3 and po4. Thought I'd see what happens with a lower alk target instead. Seems to be paying off but it's only been a month with it that low. Used to be mid 9s.
When my no3 was undetectable I started losing color in my SPS. That's when I was running low alk too. Sounds like you are seeing the opposite. I'm interested in what you find out!

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my no3 was undetectable I started losing color in my SPS. That's when I was running low alk too. Sounds like you are seeing the opposite. I'm interested in what you find out!

I found out my system doesn't like alk that low, lol. Some growth tips started dying on me, color wasn't terribly affected, everything just quit growing. Once I got alk from 6.5 to 7.5dkh, the death stopped in its tracks. Most are rebounding nicely now. I did run with alk between 6.5 and 7 for 4 weeks before upping it. I'm now targeting 7.5 to 8.0dkh. Might up it to 8.0 to 8.5 as a target next week. I'm noticing an improvement with the higher alk already. I'm sure I'll find the sweet spot for my system by doing this. It'll just take time to dial it in.

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found out my system doesn't like alk that low, lol. Some growth tips started dying on me, color wasn't terribly affected, everything just quit growing. Once I got alk from 6.5 to 7.5dkh, the death stopped in its tracks. Most are rebounding nicely now. I did run with alk between 6.5 and 7 for 4 weeks before upping it. I'm now targeting 7.5 to 8.0dkh. Might up it to 8.0 to 8.5 as a target next week. I'm noticing an improvement with the higher alk already. I'm sure I'll find the sweet spot for my system by doing this. It'll just take time to dial it in.
Nice little experiment. Thanks for the update. I try to keep mine at 9 dkh now. Right now I'm working on getting a spike I had down. At 10dkh now

Fence13

Over Thinker Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to attest to the quality of these corals. Between tank tear downs due to flood, and moving, and spending a week in a water box with no light and poor filtration...........I still have two of these frags alive and healthy. I was so shocked that anything SPS made it out alive, and to have two of these corals still have wonderful polyp extension just goes to show you the wonderful care that they received prior to shipping.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back