Grape Caulerpa Rocks

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont get some objections to grape caulerpa. I have maintained it in my refugium for years. With my tank a mess and with my tank great as far as nutrients. Never sexual. Chaeto died out almost entirely by being out competed. If any gc gets in my tank the tangs attack it like stoners on a bag of chips licking the bag for crumbs. About every two weeks I pull out lots of it along with unfortunate microcritters that uwisely hang on. Microcritters left just reswarm and repopulate. No invasion of equipment except for the mass that keeps forming by the return pump and slowing the return a bit until I every couple of days pull that out too, which is actually fantastic also. I do run the fuge 24/7.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ken, was there a question in there somewhere?

I run chaeto and caulerpa in my fuge as well. The caulerpa is slowly taking over. I don't have any issues with it in the fuge. I did have a display fuge a number of years ago and the caulerpa did spawn and both the fuge and the DT water turned green and 75% of the caulerpa turned white/translucent. But beyond that, it was cleared up with a water change.

Back