OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They're ravenous! Dad's holding again... I'm going away for a week right about the time I'm due to strip him again so he may brood in the tank this time. I have a fishy pal who can take the current batch if need be (I think/hope).
I've been trying to feed them reef plankton starting yesterday... They're not really taking it. I think they know its food but since its not squirming its not 'fresh'...
Do I starve them till they take it? Hunger does wonderful things to folk's motivation.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're ravenous! Dad's holding again... I'm going away for a week right about the time I'm due to strip him again so he may brood in the tank this time. I have a fishy pal who can take the current batch if need be (I think/hope).
I've been trying to feed them reef plankton starting yesterday... They're not really taking it. I think they know its food but since its not squirming its not 'fresh'...
Do I starve them till they take it? Hunger does wonderful things to folk's motivation.
I think the person that had the thread that I shared before said he fed tiny bits of frozen with the brine at the same time to get them started. Is that what you are doing? I think @Sean Clark might want to take them all off your hands

HAHAHAHA JK sean :winking-face-with-tongue:

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rehabbed my old sump/paint/fish storage room to be my Phytoplankton/QT/baby Cardinal room!
IMG_0971.JPEG IMG_1051.JPEG IMG_1028.JPEG IMG_1056.JPEG
The cardinals get their first water change! I know I'm lame... They got a whole new tank as I moved them into their new digs. There is enough room for all the bbs hatcheries and I am even going to start gut-loading bbs with phyto.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rehabbed my old sump/paint/fish storage room to be my Phytoplankton/QT/baby Cardinal room!
IMG_0971.JPEG IMG_1051.JPEG IMG_1028.JPEG IMG_1056.JPEG
The cardinals get their first water change! I know I'm lame... They got a whole new tank as I moved them into their new digs. There is enough room for all the bbs hatcheries and I am even going to start gut-loading bbs with phyto.
That room looks too neat to be real, what’s actually behind the scenes?

Those bangaii’s are still adorable but they’re getting big!

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That room looks too neat to be real, what’s actually behind the scenes?

Those bangaii’s are still adorable but they’re getting big!
I really wish I got a before shot on the room! It turned out way better then I thought plus I got to get rid of a ton of scrap lumber I've been hanging onto. Its used to be dingy with two metal shelves, one was decrepit, and one of those plastic-drawer stacking bins that never works because the plastic buckles under the weight and its hard to get the drawers out... I had my fishy stuff in disarray in the drawers and on the other nasty shelf.

I couldn't do anything about it though because the conduit in the first photo didn't run against the other wall... I built a metal shelf around it before...
So, I had todo a bunch of electrical before I could rehab the room. I even tied into a GFCI in the other room and pulled the wire to have a GFCI outlet in there now.
IMG_0978.JPEG IMG_0980.JPEG IMG_0981.JPEG IMG_1029.JPEG IMG_1026.JPEG IMG_1055.JPEG

oops guess I should have put the room in my build thread...

Edit: Chicago so everything need to be in conduit...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think the person that had the thread that I shared before said he fed tiny bits of frozen with the brine at the same time to get them started. Is that what you are doing? I think @Sean Clark might want to take them all off your hands

HAHAHAHA JK sean :winking-face-with-tongue:
Where on the hand Sean? I have to go on vacation on the 22nd and I don't think my high-schooler fish-sitter is up for the bbs stuff... I have someone locally who wanted a few; I'm not sure he is up for all 11 and bbs hatching...
dunkin donuts 80s GIF

I can give him/you the hatcheries... will just print some more!
I could give you a fresh batch! the male has been holding for about 2 weeks now...

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Their play dead response freaked me out when I moved them. Basically, after transferring them to the bucket from their old tank they stopped moving and just float even when I would prod them they just stayed still... I thought I killed them. They didn't snap out of it for like 15 minutes in their new tank. I turned off the flow because I didn't want them getting sucked into the filter.
They all settled onto the bottom of the tank in a little pile.
IMG_1032.JPEG IMG_1033.JPEG IMG_1034.JPEG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
this is what I like to see !!
very nice !!!

RAP21r.jpg
RAP21s.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back