Great reef shops

moulton1853

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looing for some great lfs that are anywhere between Buffalo and Rochester. I am new at this hobby and only want to deal with reputable places. Not ready to get items from other sellers yet. Any suggestions?

Virtualbasil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go there alot but there is also Salt water Paradise in tonawanda but they don't give very good advice if you ask me.

Rkuhn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rochester has Caribbean forest, the coral kings, the reef shoppe, ABC aquarium, and house of corals that will be re-opening at the end of sept.

Steve Tobias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would absolutely include Coral Sea Aquatics in Hamburg, NY (actually Armor, NY) Pete has built quite a nice place for coral, saltwater and freshwater fish. I would not be where I am today without them.

bwatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ABC Aquarium is excellent. I've been doing all my business there for the past three years. Alex,the owner, is very knowledgeable. 5 star

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're looking for big more higher priced corals goto The Coral Shop

Medium to small sized corals but a wide range of leathers along with sps/lps frags then Caribbean Forest

Fish or hammer corals then goto ABC... I'm not a fan of ABC for marine but I love the freshwater selection

Cjud7982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a new place outside of Ellicotteville called ellicotville aquatics. They're the ones supporting all of my coral an fish needs. Prices are pretty good as far as I can tell and the place is really clean from what I am used to.

victorcan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ARC is my all day Fav... Joe at Saltwater Paradise is Good people also and always has incredible deals on select pieces, things others would charge double to triple for.. He was the 1st exclusive Reef shop going back over 20 years ago for me so he must be doing something right..

October Sky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Coral Dudes is near Pittsford. I'm terrible with town lines there, my wife's sister lives in Pittsford and it's 10 mintues from her house. Really nice corals, but the shop isn't like an Apple Store, more like a head shop. Out of the way, dimly lit, may or may not be able to buy a gram of O.G. Zoas.

MrPiGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would absolutely include Coral Sea Aquatics in Hamburg, NY (actually Armor, NY) Pete has built quite a nice place for coral, saltwater and freshwater fish. I would not be where I am today without them.
I know this is so old but I just wanted to come by here and say, as a new reefer myself, that this place really is legit. Definitely a huge bonus that I live a stones throw away too!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back