Green Hair Algea Experiment

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's overkill it should be 1 ml for 25 gallons so you must be like me feed heavy? I will be going up to 2 or 3 ml when I'm comfortable with the doses as I just started using it
Check out my videos in my link
Really? people excluding OP earlier in this post stated using much higher? also searched forums here for answers and thats what a lot replied. bummer getting info that is overkill
I made some early mistakes and slacked on water changes. Finally getting on top of things.

Also note I only did this for about 2 weeks until things cleared up, haven't been doing this steady for months.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I was just reading what the instruction said of course it depends upon what your doing. For mixed it could be up to 3ml per 25 so that would put you in range. I think I'm going to going with two ml to three ml and just dose it everyday
Then again I have so much filtration it's pathetic I shouldn't be needed anything LOL

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really saw no negative side affects in fish or any corals. bubble tips-monti's also a cleaner shrimp.

Just deff lost some color in my coral so i added little more feeding here n there

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah it's supposed to help corals. All of mine are doing ok some Duncan's and trumpets are being slow but everything else doing good. My oldest thing is a long tip anemone and he is doing great

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we are talking about two different things here bob I are talking about nopox correct? And tyreefer are u talking about h2o2?

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good twillard all good waiting for my future wife to paint the wall so I can set up my new tank. Doing it right the first time this time. I've made enough mistakes to know what not to do haha.
Hey I heard u are going back to triton is that right?
Hope all is well at ur house twillard hope u have a merry Christmas or happy chanaka or however u spell it and a happy new year.

O one last thing have u heard anything about aqua forest salt causing unwanted algae in the tank?

Everyone twillard the algae master.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some years ago when I had a nightmare 150g and had just come back to the hobby after many years and I moved to fl plus now had a well, I didn't know that in my absence the Rodi unit was born. I also didn't know these forums existed until my nightmare began! That was my first bout with hair algae. Good thing I didn't have a lot of corals mostly softies and LPS. I found Reef 2 Reef through searches as well as the other one ;) and eventually found a thread on dosing hydrogen peroxide for hair algae removal. Long story short , I decided to go all in on it, filled 5 gallon buckets with rocks from the tank than 3/4 RO/DI water and a whole entire bottle of hydrogen peroxide for each bucket LOL I let them soak for a day then rinse them well and never had the issue again hahahaha!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matter of fact I still have those rocks and they still do not have hair algae on them. I would not suggest this to anyone if they have corals attached to their rocks. I did not.

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I'm telling u gha has been absent on all the rocks that were in the 90 they are actually starting to get covered in coraline now the fake frag rack I have(egg crate) is covered in what I now call free fox face food aka gha but that's it nothing else

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that's how mine were too. I will tell you though those buckets were really ugly! I'm assuming I basically cooked them in hydrogen peroxide and doing so with all of its glorious bubble action it's soaked into the rocks and got at the root. I was just so fed up with it and I was about to hang it up if it didn't work. But I did and I'm still here today LOL

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good twillard all good waiting for my future wife to paint the wall so I can set up my new tank. Doing it right the first time this time. I've made enough mistakes to know what not to do haha.
Hey I heard u are going back to triton is that right?
Hope all is well at ur house twillard hope u have a merry Christmas or happy chanaka or however u spell it and a happy new year.

O one last thing have u heard anything about aqua forest salt causing unwanted algae in the tank?

Everyone twillard the algae master.
Future wife hu.. well congrats my friend! We better see a build thread on this new tank ;) you will get this right as I know you will not let any algae beat you or overcome your tank. I have been reading here and there that people are pointing a finger at AF but to me it's like anything else out in this hobby. If you have any viable DNA in the tank anything can add just that right amount of who knows what to make that cell replicate.
I do plan on going back to triton but a 4th doser is a must as I have learned in the past.
Happy hollidays to you guys!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back