OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been almost a month since your last post. I'm curious how the tank is doing?
I Was wondering why u name was familiar I'm in the middle of reading ur thread. Please don't tell me what's going to happen as I don't want to ruin the suprise ps I don't have a problem. Everyone has open tabs of fish stuff on their phone right???
image.png

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peroxide works great on bubble algae too! Fill a turkey baster with it, and blast it at the bubble algae. Within two days the algae is clear. Eventually it looks like cellophane. It's great stuff!
That is very good to know if I ever get that as well.
To be honest I think I'm just going to solve all my problems with peroxide.
Speeding ticket peroxide
Pulled hammy peroxide
Divorce peroxide
Flu peroxide
Flat tire fill it with peroxide
No gas in the car peroxide
I'm guessing ur getting the point
But in the home aquaria I honestly beleive peroxide should be something everyone always has like fish food salt ro water then peroxide it does everything
But that's just my opinion so take it for what it's worth I mean I had trumps hair in my tank so it can't be worth that much

O yea and if u have a moment look into peroxide and ick everyone I won't spoil the ending for u

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@justingraham , did you notice a difference in the amount you had to clean the glass while using the Peroxide?
Alright so in the beginning I was cleaning about the same if not more. I think this was because all the algea was coming off the rocks and it had to go somewhere and that was my glass. Near the end I was going 4-5 days without cleaning the glass. Since I have stopped the peroxide I'm at 3 days before there is enough to clean on the glass.

So I had to clean it more in the beggining Maby the first two weeks possibly less then as time went on less way less. Plus my water was clearer. Like I was running carbon clear water.

Any more questions feel free to ask.

Justin

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So some people have been pm ing me and asking me for help with is pretty cool in my opinion.

Do on to others as u want done onto u as they say so I will gladly help anyone who wants it as I was gladly helped by everyone on this site. So here is an updated fts of my tank for all the people who doubt the power of peroxide.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my garage in a 55 gallon tub. Still no gha on my rock tho. I moved on October 30 and until that day and till now did anymore gha grow on my rocks.
I know ur build thread and I know what u are going thru.
I did this without any corals in the tank and without doseing anything. There have been people who dose while doing this and it kills there tank. So if u were to try this I would recommend not doseing anything just the peroxide because u have a lot of beauties in that tank of urs and I'd hate to see anything bad happen to them

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys tried Red Sea's NO3/PO4? It will knock off the tha in not time. I have used it and now I'm dosing in small increments ( since I tend to feed a little heavy)
But it will get rid of the gha

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Yeah, I was concerned about dosing the red sea nopox... they say np but I don't trust it. If my tank gets too stripped then they die. I'm pulling all that I can and just ordered some alligator forceps so I can reach the bottom areas. All in hopes that the ha dies faster so I can stop using it. I don't really like additives in my tank unless I feel forced to. The hair algae got so bad that that's where I'm at. Well I hope you get yours set back up soon and thank you for the heads up :D

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used it but how much is it?
Peroxide is $1.50.
And that stuff really kills it like u say? That's pretty cool.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used it but how much is it?
Peroxide is $1.50.
And that stuff really kills it like u say? That's pretty cool.
Yes peroxide does but in my case this time I can't use it due to so many acros. I'm using Vibrant and low dosing red sea no3po4x (aka nopox). Vibrant 16oz was $30. Not bad. I am seeing ha getting light in color but cyano has begun...

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes peroxide does but in my case this time I can't use it due to so many acros. I'm using Vibrant and low dosing red sea no3po4x (aka nopox). Vibrant 16oz was $30. Not bad. I am seeing ha getting light in color but cyano has begun...
I was talking to Bob.
Look In all seriousness I don't think ur tank is that bad. I mean it's not in my living room so take that comment for what it's worth. But I honestly believe ur tank is like the ocean. It's truly beautiful. Get a magnificent fox face and let it go. I have been reading a lot and it seems like it's people using AF that are having these problems that u are having. That is once again my opinion nothing scientific. I do hope u kill it tho as I know u truly hate the gha

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys tried Red Sea's NO3/PO4? It will knock off the tha in not time. I have used it and now I'm dosing in small increments ( since I tend to feed a little heavy)
But it will get rid of the gha
Red Sea no3po4x is ether based and like vodka dosing. Yes it works but several of my corals don't like it and shrivel up. It strips the tank too much. Vibrant is bacteria specific. It has specific bacteria that attacks specific algae strains.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am positive AF was the cause. All the dark areas in my pictures is 2-3" long ha. In person it looks much worse. I had a bicolor ff but the Pbt terrorized him to death. If the cyano gets worse I'll be cutting off one of the treatments and see what happens.

Thank you for the awesome comments about my tank (it's my baby) and yes I HATE the ha. It will kill acros if/when it attaches to them.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Yeah, I was concerned about dosing the red sea nopox... they say np but I don't trust it. If my tank gets too stripped then they die. I'm pulling all that I can and just ordered some alligator forceps so I can reach the bottom areas. All in hopes that the ha dies faster so I can stop using it. I don't really like additives in my tank unless I feel forced to. The hair algae got so bad that that's where I'm at. Well I hope you get yours set back up soon and thank you for the heads up :D
You don't need much about 1 Mil every other day. Don't over do it if you got any cheato it will kill it slowly

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Bob :)
I have a 180g wv and am dosing 8ml split in 2 doses daily (called red sea). They said I should dose this way as all at once stressed some corals. They have bounced back since. I also feed zoo and phytoplankton at night 2x per week to be sure the corals don't stave. I have massive cheato lol and trying to get my 45g going for a safe temporary place to put it. The holidays are not helping my plight

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is the recommended dosing of h202 in a mixed reef? i've used 1ml to 10gals. should i up this? when is it to much.

thanks

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You added 10 gals at once or ten ML at once? It depends on your tank and your level of NO3 and PO4 it's also so much per 25 gallons. So you need to adjust it on your levels and size of tank oops And and what type of corals. It's highly recommended to dose into the fuge and use a dosing pump.
I'm using a pump but only dosing a ml a day I'm being conservative as I'm switching back from zeovit

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You added 10 gals at once or ten ML at once? It depends on your tank and your level of NO3 and PO4 it's also so much per 25 gallons. So you need to adjust it on your levels and size of tank oops And and what type of corals. It's highly recommended to dose into the fuge and use a dosing pump.
I'm using a pump but only dosing a ml a day I'm being conservative as I'm switching back from zeovit
I normally do 1ml per 10gals. so I dose around 13ml. My tanks 90 gal. with sump. nitrates hover around 4 and have about.08 phosphate.

did notice i had to use some reefroids to keep nutrients in the water column though.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's overkill it should be 1 ml for 25 gallons so you must be like me feed heavy? I will be going up to 2 or 3 ml when I'm comfortable with the doses as I just started using it
Check out my videos in my link

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back