Green killing machine and dinos

hasireefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green killing machine is low end UV unit , did anyone have success using this to beet dinos ?. Few users report using this unit in the main dino thread and but did not report back. Any reviews is appreciated

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was somebody on the main Dino tread using it in a small aquarium. I think it depends on the size of the tank and type of Dinos.
Which one you have?

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works fine for dinos (with enough wattage). Been used by multiple people.

OP
OP
hasireefz

hasireefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Amphidinium small cell type . I have been dosing silicate just in case , and running a blackout . My in my last attempt; after the blackout they came back.

OP
OP
hasireefz

hasireefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works fine for dinos (with enough wattage). Been used by multiple people.
I was thinking about the 24w version , for a 40 gallon tank . The one pictured below
1620861270740.png

The Lumpster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the 9W version on a JBJ 28 cube. I run it about 3-4 days a week for well over a year and have never had dino's or any fish diseases. I think it works great.

chippwalters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 9W to deal with a dino infestation in a 10 gallon setup. Wiped 'em out in 2 days. Great product!

Cpthairychest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update : Dinos completly gone , installed uv after 5 day blackout . Zoas the lps opneing up again. Unfortunatly all sps and a octospawn died in the battle.
Did you lose your friends due to the blackout or UV sterilizer. I was looking at getting that one.

nicholas2010e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my tank was new (still is) I had a dino outbreak. My tank cycled for like 2 months and then after about a week after putting stuff in it and new lights I had a dino outbreak. I got the Green Killing Machine 9 watt (because it's cheap) and it completely cleared it up in like 2-3 days. I read many things of people saying it wouldn't be strong enough, but I figured what the worst that would happen? If it doesn't work in like a week or two I can just return it. Needless to say IT WORKED.

This is where I got mine:

They also offer a bigger version but it was too big for my tank:

(Posting on multiple threads for people)

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my tank was new (still is) I had a dino outbreak. My tank cycled for like 2 months and then after about a week after putting stuff in it and new lights I had a dino outbreak. I got the Green Killing Machine 9 watt (because it's cheap) and it completely cleared it up in like 2-3 days. I read many things of people saying it wouldn't be strong enough, but I figured what the worst that would happen? If it doesn't work in like a week or two I can just return it. Needless to say IT WORKED.

Add enough info so it really helps. Like what stain(s) you have defeated with it.

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use these things on all my QT tanks and have several I move around to tanks that need a little extra help. They are great at corrupting the DNA of just about any simple cell organizer that passes through them.

jonny4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What size tank? I wanna get the 9w for my 40 breeder. I don’t have a sump

jonny4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is a 15 that would be better size
There’s a 24 but it seems too big and takes up space. It’s also double the price, I’ve lowered amount of Dino’s that show up so it’s less than before. I think it’s the diatoms, also the new fuge has some Dino’s and I wash the chaeto every night in salt water to get rid of it. So I think all of that has helped

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back