Edward A Nasco

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2018
Messages
36
Reaction score
70
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're thinking of starting out with Acro's my suggestion is a Green Slimer Acropora SPS coral like this one. The Green Slimer Acropora is not as delicate to keep as other Acro's and will tolerate certain differences in water parameter differences.
green slimer acro2.picasa.jpg

Thanks for checking out my recent and first Acro stick.
Eddie of Eddie's Reef Aquaria
 
Not the toughest although it’s pretty solid like you said great for starter acro. Easily satisfied and the metallic green stands out doesn’t require a ton of light to maintain the vivid color. Grows good it’s basic for some reason I really want to grow a giant colony lol. 20 months first picture to the last which is current I’ve fragged it along the way.

9E54433F-3E85-43C4-9927-FDF00F1EC742.jpeg

58404908-F8E1-4CA0-9968-CC86D487C46B.jpeg

F5E48960-A922-4C7F-8C76-87968105580E.jpeg
 
Mine grows like a weed. Frag it all the time and love to give away nice chunks to reefers starting out with sps locally. I have always loved the green slimer, will always be and awesome timeless stick.
 
I thought I'd try this coral and afterwards will then go into more complex Acro's. Eddie
 
I thought I'd try this coral and afterwards will then go into more complex Acro's. Eddie
I think as long as you get aquacultured frags, whether from online vendors, sellers here, or local hobbyists, nothing's really complex to be honest. There are some that may be finicky, but once the strains you buy are adapted to home life, you're golden.

Good luck, it'll just draw you in deeper and deeper, just like your wallet!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new