Green slimer dead at base

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard sometimes dosing iodine can help prevent bleaching at the base, I'm not sure if there is any scientific basis behind it but I have heard it from a few people including a video on Mike Paletta's elos tank.

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cut it above the dead spot but leave some tissue on the dead to make sure you have trimmed off anything that may be infected....

dont throw the bottom part away and see if it starts growing another frag... i have had that happen more than once and got several frags from one base.... eventually it stopped growing and all died but i still have the 4 pieces that i was able to grow out

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With the picture the way it is its impossible to tell you what to do - the 'dead' area is totally in a shadow and the whole picture is out of focus.

OP
OP
J

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the picture the way it is its impossible to tell you what to do - the 'dead' area is totally in a shadow and the whole picture is out of focus.

It's actually "zoomed in" using the camera on my phone. The tank is 32" wide and that frag is almost to the back glass. I'll try again.

Back