Green Star Polyp being stupid

devin.reed2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have had a GSP frag on my tank’s wall for about a month now. When I got it, it opened up within a day, but it hasn’t opened the past few days. Parameters have stayed consistent and are listed below:

Salinity: 1.025
pH: 7.8 (yes it’s low but has stayed stable)
Alk: 11.6
Mag: 1400ppm
Ca: 400ppm
Phos: 0.02ppm
Nitrates: 5ppm
Ammonia and Nitrite: 0ppm

I did manage to brush some algae off the matt, just did so gently with a tooth brush but it’s still closed. I have some Xenia and Zoas and all of those corals seem to be very happy. Thanks for the advice.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have had a GSP frag on my tank’s wall for about a month now. When I got it, it opened up within a day, but it hasn’t opened the past few days. Parameters have stayed consistent and are listed below:

I did manage to brush some algae off the matt, just did so gently with a tooth brush but it’s still closed. I have some Xenia and Zoas and all of those corals seem to be very happy. Thanks for the advice.
GSP can be moody. You might also need to increase your nutrients.

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How is the flow and lighting?

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP can be moody. You might also need to increase your nutrients.
So true! Last week my branching gsp did not open up everything else was fine and tests showed nothing unusual except low phos (normal). Following day it was like nothing happened.

Jeroen1975

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where is tthe GSP located? Top or bottom of tank? High/low flow? On the sand maybe?

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it just randomly went back to normal?
Yeah. Same with torches, zoas and everything else in the tank. Who knows what causes it. My shrimp tap dancing on the corals, a captured flake of food, fish rubbing on it. I’ve gotten to the point where unless it’s a bunch of corals at once or last more than a day I don’t even worry about.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Same with torches, zoas and everything else in the tank. Who knows what causes it. My shrimp tap dancing on the corals, a captured flake of food, fish rubbing on it. I’ve gotten to the point where unless it’s a bunch of corals at once or last more than a day I don’t even worry about.
This post needs to be pinned somewhere

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back