Greetings and my reefing plans

Monad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2024
Messages
171
Reaction score
121
Location
New Hampshire, United States
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. I'm new to reefing.

I've read many books on the subject to prepare myself but I just purchased two used tanks at a great price that I'm going to clean out and refurbish. One is an old red sea AIO tank and the other is one with an overflow that can flow into a sump and then be pumped back out again. I'd post pictures, but I left them in the trailer. I'll make a dedicated thread for them in the proper part of the forum.

This is a project I am doing with my father. We want to start small and slowly built up. Our plan is just to start with some good rockwork, a pair of clowns, and make sure that works before moving on. Hopefully we'll be able to get some soft and LPS corals eventually.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hi there. I'm new to reefing.

I've read many books on the subject to prepare myself but I just purchased two used tanks at a great price that I'm going to clean out and refurbish. One is an old red sea AIO tank and the other is one with an overflow that can flow into a sump and then be pumped back out again. I'd post pictures, but I left them in the trailer. I'll make a dedicated thread for them in the proper part of the forum.

This is a project I am doing with my father. We want to start small and slowly built up. Our plan is just to start with some good rockwork, a pair of clowns, and make sure that works before moving on. Hopefully we'll be able to get some soft and LPS corals eventually.
Welcome, @Monad! And that's great about the tanks! Filling used tanks up may be a good idea to ensure there is no leakage before you add any goodies. Just a suggestion. I can't wait to see you build! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new