Greetings from a Nano enthusiast

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello everyone. Having just discovered this website and community. I hope it is as useful as it seems. Lots of reading up on new topics and new science.

I have been out of the industry for several years, but have plenty of years keeping reefs from various sizes up through several hundred gallons. Now I find myself with a new challenge! After inheriting a 3.7 Gal Imiganarium? from the manager at my local dive shop, its on the workbench, and running away.

A few pieces of "live" rock, and a bi-color blenny who has the whole shop trained to feed him - definitely a dramatic fish. Its been running for several months, and the algae is starting to stick.

So far everyone is happy, and I am looking forward to the challenge of keeping this water quality high, upgrading the lighting, and just maybe, in the near future, seeing if I can keep a mushroom or something alive!

Looking forward to learning more about the current state of nano/pico keeping.
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1A525619-7B74-45CC-8CE5-5B784CE16EE7.jpeg

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to our little piece of the reef.
Nano tanks are fun to keep. I have 2, a 1 gal and a .4 gal. A little challenging at first but, once you learn how your tank works, it's easier than you think. looking forward to seeing your tank.

Welcome!!!
f127426c616cd57d67c79dfda815c596.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back